Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: define the nature of "god"
has a body and image like jumans, but older and immortal 1 2.70%
is pure spirit but a living entity nonetheless 1 2.70%
is the ultimate cosmic reality, personal god 3 8.11%
is female , represents life and rebirth on earth 0 0%
exists in some form, but specifics cannot be known 6 16.22%
is a personal higher power, but left for individual definition 3 8.11%
is the self, we as humans are gods 1 2.70%
does not exist in any form 15 40.54%
exists, but not involved in human affairs 1 2.70%
is nature, living energy of all plant and animal life 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 02:51 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,044,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For some one who supposedly has all this love and good will there sure is a lot of pain and suffering to be endured on this Earth,like the family just down the road who just lost their 3 young children in a house fire,or the family of 4 who's car went into a river where they all died. For some one who is all about love and has the power to build universes i'm seeing a lot more pain and suffering than i'm seeing of love..
You (not you in particular, people with this same idea) seem to forget FREE WILL. We always reap what we sow. Always. Somewhere down the line, a seed was planted and even an innocent gets caught in the reaping. When we all return to love and live love, none of those things will happen. Don't blame God for something we are doing to ourselves. We are love. It's not His/Hers/It's problem if we don't live the Law of Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,561,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You (not you in particular, people with this same idea) seem to forget FREE WILL. We always reap what we sow. Always. Somewhere down the line, a seed was planted and even an innocent gets caught in the reaping. When we all return to love and live love, none of those things will happen. Don't blame God for something we are doing to ourselves. We are love. It's not His/Hers/It's problem if we don't live the Law of Love.
Free Will? I dont remember being asked if i wanted to be brought into existence.
Free will? Not really free will if after being given life with out my permission i now have to follow this rule of reaping what i sow, failure to comply with some unknown standard of sowing reaps hell on Earth and for any life thereafter.
free will? is like having some one point a gun to your head asking for your money and saying you have free will regarding your options.
Free Will?Love? "It's problem if we don't live the Law of Love".theres that gun again.
Reverend after a life of hard grueling work with much in the way of suffering and the last few years much physical pain i could fit any love in my 65 yrs of life into about a week.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Free Will? I dont remember being asked if i wanted to be brought into existence.
Free will? Not really free will if after being given life with out my permission i now have to follow this rule of reaping what i sow, failure to comply with some unknown standard of sowing reaps hell on Earth and for any life thereafter.
free will? is like having some one point a gun to your head asking for your money and saying you have free will regarding your options.
Free Will?Love? "It's problem if we don't live the Law of Love".theres that gun again.
Reverend after a life of hard grueling work with much in the way of suffering and the last few years much physical pain i could fit any love in my 65 yrs of life into about a week.
You have the choice of how you live, what you think and what you do. No one but you can do that. Sorry if you think you need to live any other way. You get what you give. Feeling sorry for yourself cannot make it better. Only you can change your life. Live and be love to yourself and others. It make all the difference.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:42 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,561,810 times
I'm thinking we are miles apart in understanding each others points of view..

Old 04-11-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I'm thinking we are miles apart in understanding each others points of view..
Maybe. No worries.

I believe that God is unconditional, absolute Divine Live. It's only job is creation. What we do afterwards is totally of our own choosing. Thoughts, actions and words. The result of that is our own doing whether we are guilty or innocent since we are all occupying the same space. In the spirit world, we are then seperated according to our love. What we do here, reflects that. By living love, we are also creating our own world of goodness.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 PM

13,137 posts, read 22,904,342 times
Where's the poll option for "I dunno... do you have any more beer?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality