Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,815,539 times

Advertisements

HE’S THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.
HE GAVE HIS LIFE FOR YOU AND ME!

Happy Easter (everyone)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 01:54 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,896,640 times
Allegedly.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,788,637 times
I think you mean well by your post, Steven, but you've forgotten the important part: Jesus Christ arose on the third day after his crucifixion and burial.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:15 AM

460 posts, read 594,535 times
Well, if we must . . . .

Jesus was not self-educated. First, his Jewish mother would have been his first teacher.

Secondly, he would have gone to scool.

Thirdly, his parables were not made up. In fact, most of them were well-known to the people of the day. he changed both the ending and the meaning, and this is what temporarily confused people.

I'm not sure how some people count, but to arise on the third day AFTER would actually be on the FOURTH day.

Would someone like to give proof, other than hearsay and tradition that Father Joseph was dead?

Great rabbis were associated with miracles. If one were to investigate even a little, the miracles associated with Jesus were not all that unique. Now as to their veracity, we have to accept people's word (or not), and just because one finds them between the covers of a book that has been given some kind of holiness by man--and not God--does not give them more credence over others.

What a person wishes to believe is a personal choice. It is not necessarily the truth, however, and that's okay, too.

What is not okay is for someone to enforce their vision of truth as Truth over all others. It is also not okay to ridicule another person's faith just because of a disagreement or a personal definition of what is foolish or "stupid."

Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 AM

50,095 posts, read 20,850,068 times
Well, fair to say that such a claim would have busted the crediblity of this otherwise semi - believable obituary.

Enjoy your spring -renewal season folks, however you spend it.

(cue the crucifixion - jokes - here's mine. The 7 last words. "Good Friday? What's so good about it?")

Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,677,550 times
I don't think that was a real clipping from the Jerusalem News.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,593,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I don't think that was a real clipping from the Jerusalem News.

not a word in it about the Light Rail line, about the haredim, about the civil war in Syria, about the Kadima primary, about Iran, about the 'social movement' - and no sports.

So its clearly not the Jerusalem Post. I don't think there is a "Jerusalem News"

I kinda prefer Haaretz myself.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:40 PM

460 posts, read 594,535 times
Obviously, the OP is a "cute" vehicle to promote mainstream fundamentalist Christianity.

However, the last thing the controlling Sanhedrin would allow is anything close to this kind of obituary.

Jesus would have been given a pseudonym, which they used in several midrashes of their time, akin to the worse kind of human possible.

Any "real" newpaper account would have highlighted the blasphemies committed by Jesus. It would have slandered any "works" of wonder by the man or those claimed by his followers.

Jesus would have been treated as a pariah: the Ted Bundy, Jack the Ripper, the Bernie Madoff, the Marshal Herff Applewhite, Jr. of his day.

Lastly, the followers of The Way woujld never have endorsed such an article. There were three concepts of the earliest forms of Christianity that were of importance: the birth, the resurrection, and the Kingdom of God come to Earth. The death of Jesus was the last important concept.

A more apt "news story" that would have come out of this period would be more akin to: The Kingdom of God Has Come!

The nut graph would be simply that God's Kingdom, long promised, has settled on Earth and welcomes all people, regardless of race, creed, sex, political affiliation, and the like.

As we develop the story, of course, we find that the message of Jesus has been so perverted that 1) the Kingdom of God has NOT come to Earth, and 2) only a handful of all the humans who live, lived, and will live will even get a glimpse of that Kingdom.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:57 PM

973 posts, read 1,456,579 times
Why don't we give Easter to Apollonius of Tyana?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,320,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Well, fair to say that such a claim would have busted the crediblity of this otherwise semi - believable obituary.

Enjoy your spring -renewal season folks, however you spend it.

(cue the crucifixion - jokes - here's mine. The 7 last words. "Good Friday? What's so good about it?")
I'm just waiting for Eusebius to arrive .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality