Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,747,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio- View Post
7. What has God done to you not believe in him?
He stole my jellybeans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 09:05 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,283,563 times
Good morning eveyone!

June has had to delete a good number of sarcastic posts in this thread. Please be adviced that sarcastic (and/or rude) posts are not only deleted, but infractable as well. --So let's keep it above board people, okay?

Thanks!

Old 12-03-2011, 09:18 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,547,620 times
How about honest posts that identify the OP agenda?

Old 12-03-2011, 09:34 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,726,352 times
1. A theist claims that God exists. If that claim is made, the poster would have to provide proof.

2. An atheist claims that God does not exist. If that claim is made, the poster would have to provide proof.

3. The agnostic claims that we don't know if God exists. Hence, he/she doesn't have to provide proof.

4. A deist claims that God exists, but He hasn't made a revelation.

And then there was the fundamentalist preacher who announced that in Sunday's sermon he was going to prove God exists. His church was packed. He mounted the pulpit and announced that the Bible says God exists. Therefore, God is proven ro exist.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:54 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,185,349 times
Quote:
1. Why are you atheist?
Why wouldn't I be an atheist?

Quote:
2. Do you carry U$ Money since it says "IN GOD WE TRUST"?
Sure. I'm not offended, because I'm educated, and I know the men who wrote the Constitution were largely deists and as it happens, this so-called "God" is the "god of reason," not Jesus, not Yahweh God, not Shiva, not Allah and not any other god.

Quote:
3. Did you grow up as an atheist?
No, I was brain-washed like everyone else into the christian fantasy.

Quote:
4. Do you tell people you're atheist?
Sure, why wouldn't I? I don't make it the topic of conversations, but if someone asks, I'll tell them. If they're offended, that's their problem.

Quote:
5. How do you feel being an atheist?
I feel great; free; no longer trapped by guilt and superstitious beliefs.

Quote:
6. Aren't you scared of what will happen to you after death?
No. You die just like every other living organism on this Planet; your body ceases to function and the organic material decays.

There's no heaven or hell and never was. Those are beliefs based on errors compounded by errors from misunderstandings and misinterpretations of other older written tomes.

You don't have a "soul" and neither do animals or plants.

Quote:
7. What has God done to you not believe in him?
What god? There are no gods.

Quote:
8. Could you proof that God does not exist?
Absolutely. Tell your god to come have lunch with me at Skyline this afternoon.

Quote:
9. Do you celebrate any religious holidays?
Why would I want to do that?

Old 12-03-2011, 10:27 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
How about honest posts that identify the OP agenda?
In your case maybe you should avoid the thread altogether......just kidding ash....

Old 12-03-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
In your case maybe you should avoid the thread altogether......just kidding ash....
I speculate that the OP did not start this thread to learn anything, nor do I expect he will even return, but to start an antagonistic thread solely for the purpose of antagonizing people he disagrees with.

I tried to use humor to express my speculation, and clearly a number of people agreed based on the rep points the post received.

So I'm not allowed to say that the intent was to fish, but it sure as hell is antagonistic. And no I have not and will not address this persons fishing expedition questions.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:04 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times
[
Quote:
quote=Asheville Native;21964063]I speculate that the OP did not start this thread to learn anything,
I agree but gave him the benefit of the doubt and gave an honest answer.
Quote:
nor do I expect he will even return
At this point, your probly right.
Quote:
but to start an antagonistic thread solely for the purpose of antagonizing people he disagrees with.
yes, likely so.
Quote:
So I'm not allowed to say that the intent was to fish,
Moderation issue I suppose.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 AM

16,691 posts, read 15,697,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I speculate that the OP did not start this thread to learn anything, nor do I expect he will even return, but to start an antagonistic thread solely for the purpose of antagonizing people he disagrees with. .....
Since the OP is no longer a member, that is probably a correct assumption. Therefore, I see no reason to respond to the original post.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Since the OP is no longer a member, that is probably a correct assumption. Therefore, I see no reason to respond to the original post.
OOOOOOOooooooo.......... now that he is no longer a member would it be appropriate to call a spade a spade or a troll a troll, for it surely passes the "duck test"

probably not..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality