Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Morality question: Would a partly human baby (with some plant DNA) be eligible to receive the sacram
Yes, the baby would be eligible to receive all of the sacraments. 2 25.00%
The baby would be eligible to receive some sacraments, depending on the percentage of human DNA. 1 12.50%
No, only 100% human babies are eligible to receive the sacraments. 2 25.00%
Other answer (please specify below) 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 09:17 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,174,897 times

Advertisements

somebody has watched "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" one too many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 10:58 AM

560 posts, read 1,296,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
It is a bit implausible because the scenario seems to require something blown in the wind impregnating a woman, via undergarments, to make a "corn baby." I just think that seems very unlikely if not weird. It also seems unlikely to me that the "corn baby" would just be like a baby, but with green ears and corn hair or something.

Still the point is a human with some plant DNA aspects and whether they could receive sacraments. I don't really know the answer though. I think they'd need to be mostly human or at least sentient/sapient. (Or capable of maturing into sentience/sapience) I generally think you have to be capable of a relationship with God for the issue to matter. If the child is (I almost said "a vegetable" but that's obviously too pun-oriented) permanently at a state of awareness equivalent to a plant or even a lower animal than it would likely not make sense.

That’s true, the real thing would probably be more deliberate-

Transgenic Core Facility at the National Institute of Mental Health

Old 08-28-2011, 12:57 PM

33,624 posts, read 37,278,025 times
If they used vegetable DNA to accomplish this, then I'm getting in line! I'd love to be young again.

Scientists claim to be a step closer to reversing the aging process after rejuvenating worn out organs in elderly mice. The experimental treatment developed by researchers at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, turned weak and feeble old mice into healthy animals by regenerating their aged bodies.

Harvard scientists reverse the ageing process in mice

Old 08-29-2011, 05:51 AM

50,128 posts, read 20,891,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If they used vegetable DNA to accomplish this, then I'm getting in line! I'd love to be young again.

Scientists claim to be a step closer to reversing the aging process after rejuvenating worn out organs in elderly mice. The experimental treatment developed by researchers at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, turned weak and feeble old mice into healthy animals by regenerating their aged bodies.

Harvard scientists reverse the ageing process in mice
You can keep the Grail - lead me to the fountain of eternal youth.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,131,208 times
Quote:
Morality question: Would a partly human baby (with some plant DNA) be eligible to receive the sacraments of your church?
It would have to look at least partly human. Anything that looks like something from a David Cronenberg movie would probably cause the congregation to flee in terror. Seriously, no freaks.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:21 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,345,231 times
any human that's been vaccinated has some form of foreign dna in them...look up sv40.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:08 PM

13,774 posts, read 26,632,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
It would have to look at least partly human. Anything that looks like something from a David Cronenberg movie would probably cause the congregation to flee in terror. Seriously, no freaks.
Although I agree too much of it "Seriously, no freaks" could be taken as a tad unfair.

I'm pretty certain "freaks" have been allowed to partake of sacraments. I haven't looked into the religious make-up of past freak-show members, but I'd think at least some of them were of sacramental churches. (People like me were sometimes deemed "frog men" because of our loose joints and deformities) In fact I think I recall one who was Russian Orthodox and probably one who was, or became, Catholic. I know Mexico has some of those "hairy children" (covered in hair like cousin It or a werewolf) so they might be Catholic.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:16 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,472,807 times
It is the Adam spirit which makes a soul human. Only human beings can be saved and are written in the book of Life from the foundation of the world.
Any mixture using Adam flesh DNA and any other thing spliced into the genes is not human, and is called a "bastard" in God's word, and is not of Adam by not having the spirit, soul and body of an Adam seed.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:33 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,032,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
It is the Adam spirit which makes a soul human. Only human beings can be saved and are written in the book of Life from the foundation of the world.
Any mixture using Adam flesh DNA and any other thing spliced into the genes is not human, and is called a "bastard" in God's word, and is not of Adam by not having the spirit, soul and body of an Adam seed.
Hello yeshuasavedme, that's a interesting post even more so considering you have stated in the past here on the forum Biblically Adam was white and Eve was black.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:36 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,174,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
I assume then that when intelligent life is found on other planets, they will not be eligible for heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality