Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 03:33 PM

7,740 posts, read 12,679,498 times

Advertisements

May 21, 2011 may not be true but the rapture IS true and WILL happen. We just don't know when. Be sure you have the Lord Jesus on your side when it does though. Accept him into your heart so you can be saved. There's not much time left!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 03:36 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,228,164 times
Keep laughing! Christian antics provide plenty of unintentional humor.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Keep laughing! Christian antics provide plenty of unintentional humor.
I am sure we do to you. Now. It's not going to be as funny or comical once Jesus takes the church and the holy spirit out of the Earth to Heaven. I suggest you read the Left Behind series because it describes how the Earth will be once that happens. Except in real life, there will be no romance after the rapture and it will be 10X worse. There will only be continual sorrow, anguish, and misery for the people left. Please don't make this your fate. Humble your heart and accept the Lord as your savior. He will take care of you. He will not let you suffer here. You have a place prepared in Heaven and there's so many great things that await us all there. But you have to surrender yourself and your heart to the Lord to get there to experience it. He did not die on the cross for nothing. There is still time. Hurry before it's too late.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,228,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I am sure we do to you. Now. It's not going to be as funny or comical once Jesus takes the church and the holy spirit out of the Earth to Heaven. I suggest you read the Left Behind series because it describes how the Earth will be once that happens. Except in real life, there will be no romance after the rapture and it will be 10X worse. There will only be continual sorrow, anguish, and misery for the people left. Please don't make this your fate. Humble your heart and accept the Lord as your savior. He will take care of you. He will not let you suffer here. You have a place prepared in Heaven and there's so many great things that await us all there. But you have to surrender yourself and your heart to the Lord to get it and be there. He did not die on the cross for nothing. There is still time. Hurry before it's too late.
Ya know, I sometimes wondered; what if Jesus shows up disguised as the pizza delivery guy. Since I first had that thought (about 7 months ago) I make sure to give the guy a very generous tip. Horpefully, that counts for something.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,692,320 times
Quote:
May 21, 2011 may not be true but the rapture IS true and WILL happen. We just don't know when. Be sure you have the Lord Jesus on your side when it does though. Accept him into your heart so you can be saved. There's not much time left!
As a Native American ( Tsalagi )and a believer in the ancient ways of my people, which does not include Christianity, just exactly what am I supposed to be saved from ? If I don't believe in your Christianity then I don't believe your hell or your satan, you have to be either a Christian or a Muslim to believe in that.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I am sure we do to you. Now. It's not going to be as funny or comical once Jesus takes the church and the holy spirit out of the Earth to Heaven. I suggest you read the Left Behind series because it describes how the Earth will be once that happens. Except in real life, there will be no romance after the rapture and it will be 10X worse. There will only be continual sorrow, anguish, and misery for the people left. Please don't make this your fate. Humble your heart and accept the Lord as your savior. He will take care of you. He will not let you suffer here. You have a place prepared in Heaven and there's so many great things that await us all there. But you have to surrender yourself and your heart to the Lord to get there to experience it. He did not die on the cross for nothing. There is still time. Hurry before it's too late.
All of this writing that you're talking about is just somebody else's opinion, there's no truth to it. Just because it's written in a book, doesn't mean it's true.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
All of this writing that you're talking about is just somebody else's opinion, there's no truth to it. Just because it's written in a book, doesn't mean it's true.
Are you forgetting biblical prophecy and accounts from several events in the Bible that are backed by historical data and facts? You must be because that's precisely what makes the Bible true. If you don't believe the events in the Bible even AFTER it's been backed by other cultures and nations foretelling the same ones across the world, and even prophecies that were given in the Bible more than 2,000 years ago have came true today that is you burying your head in the sand.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Ya know, I sometimes wondered; what if Jesus shows up disguised as the pizza delivery guy. Since I first had that thought (about 7 months ago) I make sure to give the guy a very generous tip. Horpefully, that counts for something.
Every kind or thoughtful act never goes unnoticed by the Lord. I was just reading a book on Heaven last week. It turns out, there's actually a place in Heaven where your garden is at so-to-speak. If I had to describe it, it would be like the garden centers at walmart. Except 1,000X more exquisite. Every kind act you have ever done on Earth is remembered and builds this garden more with flowers and plants and everything with each act! Little kids in Heaven come into the garden and can play various games or just simply watch the beautiful scenery! Various people in Heaven come to view your garden and the "acts" you have done that are associated with a particular plant or flower. If you accept Jesus into your heart, you will be able to see and view your garden one day. But the crazy thing is the garden stays whether you make it to Heaven or not! So think about that next time you do a kind act for someone! Think about how you are honoring Jesus and what he has prepared for you in Heaven! There's so much!!

Old 05-08-2011, 04:11 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,712,422 times
The fact that so many people insist on remaining mired in ignorance and religious superstition makes me sad. Humans could go so far if only the sheeple would grow up and admit what is obvious -- religion is a crock, a sham, and a scam. But no, they're too afraid of reality to make that cognitive leap.

So sad, so stupid, so ignorant.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Are you forgetting biblical prophecy and accounts from several events in the Bible that are backed by historical data and facts? You must be because that's precisely what makes the Bible true. If you don't believe the events in the Bible even AFTER it's been backed by other cultures and nations foretelling the same ones across the world, and even prophecies that were given in the Bible more than 2,000 years ago have came true today that is you burying your head in the sand.
Tell you what, you speak of all these prophecies from your sacred book and yet I don't know of a single one that has come true in the past 200 years, so why don't you tell me of one of these prophecies that has come true in the past 200 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality