Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:07 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,012,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I think that is called "life", also Murphy's Law hard at work. I have had months of nothing going on, now all at once in past several weeks is huge upheaval in every aspect of my life! Kawg, where in Texas are you moving? Is also very hot here, and made exponentially worse by the humidity. At least AZ is dry heat!
We're most likely going to the Tyler area. There is still a chance we may go to the San Antonio are, but I am pretty partial to Tyler I LOVED it there!
We were there last July during their record breaking heat and we ENJOYED the weather! Our UV index is so high that it is really unbearable here. Right now it's monsoon season, so we have weather 110-120 + 20-30% humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Just go to the Lord and say Lord I put it all your hands to help get me through these hard times. Sometimes we take on too many things at once,and say I can do it all by myself and not look towards God for His helping hand.
You are totally right, Noland! This IS what I should be doing. I guess, right now, am at this crossroads where I don't know what to pray for, so I just haven't been. You are right...this IS what I really need to do. I find it easy to pray for others, but find it very difficult to pray for myself . Thank you!
(Tried to rep ya, but you know how it goes)

Old 07-21-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjbulls View Post
I'm sorry, but I think you were out of line in what you said to the clerk. In addition, if your daughter is 17, you shouldn't be fighting her battles for her.

If your house has been on the market for a long time, is it just your house that isn't selling or are things overall slow in your area? Have you been with the same realtor for the whole time? Is there anything you can do to spruce up the appearance for the cheap like a can of paint or rearranging furniture to make the rooms look bigger?

You seem very stressed so I hope things work out for you to help relieve some of the stress.

Where in Texas are you going? Maybe we can be neighbors (I'm moving to El Paso)?
I'm sorry, but I still don't think I was out of line with the clerk. She was MEAN and nasty and yelling at me. My ONLY regret is that there was a security guard there and the police station down the hall...otherwise I would have probably said more! They KNOW they can say and act anyway they want and there is nothing you can do about it. You would really have to understand this town. A few years ago, I got a ticket for doing 40 in a 25 and there was a 35mph speed limit sign. I took pictures of the 35 mph sign and STILL LOST! They said it doesn't matter what the sign says, it's up to the city to determine what the speed limits are Does that make sense to you?
All this town wants is MONEY. Over the last 10 years, the have been installing sewers and forcing the residents to pay for them. While I can understand this, they have put a LARGE number of people out on the street, especially elderly people, because they cannot afford to pay these fees. On top of the $31 per month for the service, they also have to pay an additional $600 per year for 20 years for the assessment. I know that doesn't sound like much, but to these poor people on a very tight "social security" budget, it is A LOT!

The house we have for sale is completely NEW inside and OUT! It is THE cheapest 4bd 2ba home in this town. We just changed Realtors last month...our market has dropped horribly...we're not the only ones.

We're probably going to East Texas!

Old 07-21-2007, 01:39 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,656,011 times
Kawgpz500, if you look at the entire picture, you're a very fortunate person. You are only 36 years and already have your own business, a house and a rental property. Many folks can't afford to purchase a house during their life time. There are a lot of homes on the market now. Find an agent who will show how to make your property stand out from all the rest.
I know hindsight is 20/20. Sorry about the neighbor. The good news is the front of your property is now up to city code. It's best to fix any code violations prior to a buyers home inspection.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:24 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,632,456 times
Kawg, I can completely relate to the real estate part of your problem. My house has been for sale since last October. The last time I sold a house it took a couple of weeks so it's very frustrating. I've also lowered my price four times. We're going through a tough cycle in the real estate business and it's something beyond our control. It makes it tough when you get multiple problems to deal with all at once though. Just hang in there because once you've moved you will have also gotten rid of your neighbor from hell.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:30 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,632,456 times
emjbulls wrote:
Quote:
(I'm moving to El Paso)?
I don't want to get off topic but why would you want to move to El Paso? I predict a future thread started by emjbulls entitled "Yes, there is a hell on earth and I'm living in it!"
I'm just joking with you but really, have you ever been to El Paso? Good luck though, seriously.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Kawgpz500, if you look at the entire picture, you're a very fortunate person. You are only 36 years and already have your own business, a house and a rental property. Many folks can't afford to purchase a house during their life time. There are a lot of homes on the market now. Find an agent who will show how to make your property stand out from all the rest.
I know hindsight is 20/20. Sorry about the neighbor. The good news is the front of your property is now up to city code. It's best to fix any code violations prior to a buyers home inspection.
You're right, I know we're fortunate in those aspects.
As for the city codes, it's really ridiculous stuff. Just petty stupid things. It isn't at the house we're selling, it's the home we live in. We were trying to fill in some holes in our back yard so that we could excavate and level the land more. Not only did they complain about the pile of dirt and rock that were brought in to use as fill, but they also complained because we had to take a small section of the fence down (which, our fence has NOTHING to do with them at all! Doesn't adjoin their lot in ANY way and we don't live in a homeowners association) in order to get the back hoe back there. So here we are trying to IMPROVE the land, but they have to complain about it before we could even get it finished.
It doesn't really matter, it's just trivial things I guess . Sometimes it just seems that when we're trying to take a step forward, we end up 2 back

Old 07-21-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Kawg, I can completely relate to the real estate part of your problem. My house has been for sale since last October. The last time I sold a house it took a couple of weeks so it's very frustrating. I've also lowered my price four times. We're going through a tough cycle in the real estate business and it's something beyond our control. It makes it tough when you get multiple problems to deal with all at once though. Just hang in there because once you've moved you will have also gotten rid of your neighbor from hell.
Thanks MG. The real estate market is really for the birds right now. I KNOW you know where I am coming from. However, I don't know if this is applicable in your area, but our realtor did contact us yesterday and said that things are starting to pick up. I'll believe it when I see it
Occasionally, it gets tempting to show our neighbor what a "bad neighbor" really is. Maybe start blasting music until 10pm (that's when our noise ordinance is in effect), let my kids play out in the street and make all kinds of noise HOLLERING and screaming like a lot of kids do ...But I know I am just being facetious . Maybe when we're no longer here, they'll REALLY get the neighbor from hell

Old 07-21-2007, 04:30 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,190,309 times
Hey kawg, Hang in there you know as the saying goes in HIS own time. Then, there is this slump in real estate. Where I'm living every house is up for sale and the problem is it's over the top in price, contractors are buying pasture land and turning it into sub-divisions, nothing is selling. The brand new golf course has brand new home 3000-4000 sq.ft homes empty up for sale.
We had our house up for sale last year and due to the over load it didn't sale and my husband sub-contracts for a huge company and they were set in work for the next 10 years all we need is 4 good years of steady work. We figured this would get us through raising our 14 year old in the town that has been the worst to make a living and snow is here for 7 MONTHS!!!!

The huge ski resort that was suppose to support the town and give us all many jobs has now been rumored to have financial problems that they are denying. Needless, to say a snowball effect the company we work for is a billion dollar company has no money to pay it's workers, and they are blaming the resort for non-payment,plus the owner is getting a divorce and his wife is dragon lady going for it all. So our secure life just ended.

Thankfully we have lived here a long while and God has taken us on a never ending journey here and this is were my faith has been built so I'm sure HE will pull us through this also.
We all experience these hard times I guess it's how we handle it spiritually and how others see us handle hard times, all the while knowing God is with you. My prayers are with you and everyone else that are having struggles.

You have received some great advice and also see we are all in this together and have days that seem to never end. This is what Satan waits for and hopes your weak enough to take the low road.
Remember these are the times that draw us closer to our Creator!!

Old 07-21-2007, 04:36 PM

668 posts, read 682,752 times
Ahhh Tyler, "The City of Roses".

Good choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality