Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 04:56 AM

100 posts, read 155,848 times

Advertisements

salamo alaykom for all muslims here!!!
and hi for alllll
Every one like her religion right but just some question s to you
are you confident that you are on correctness!!!
and did you find the answer in your religion if you ask me
my answer is yes i stand all thing maybe i delivered muslim but believe me
here not all one is believer really i mean don't say in arabic countries all them are believes so *the imane*=The real faith in unification of Allah and Real worship Allah are defrent betwen the peopole so
you yes you are free if you want to know why we are here who character the universe ! are there answer for this questions or not
me and my friends here are guidance you pherhaps you find the answer i f ALLAH want.................

ÝáÇÔ : ÇáÏíä ÇáÕÍíÍ .. TheTrue Religion

thx for all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 05:32 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,564,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Looks more like the work of evolution to me. kinda like appendix and tonsils are on the way out, at this point in our development, usually with the help of surgeons. Evolution works in geologic time frames.
I don't think evolution really works that way. A vestigial organ will remain unless someone is born without it. Okay maybe people with smaller tonsils or appendices will marry/mate others with smaller etc until it dwindles to nothing, but is anyone choosing mates based on their appendix or tonsil size? I mean okay maybe tonsil size, seems a stretch though, but how would you even select for appendix size? I think it's hard for a man or woman to think "I can tell that one's got a small appendix so I'm so hitting that!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
So where is the mercy for people who are born with such things as asthma, brittle bones
Oh it's not that bad. Sure if I describe my life having osteogenesis imperfecta, brittle bones, it might sound bad but that's not my experience of it and I get the sense it's not the experience of many like me. That kid on "The Middle" seems fairly happy when I've seen him. Granted his is much less severe than mine, but still most of the bone breaking was before I was ten. Even when I was breaking often it had its advantages. Lots of sympathy, lots of toys.

The OIs I've seen who are unhappy are often in situations that would make most anyone unhappy. Like their parents dumped them on some poorly ran institution or their parents were drug-addicted losers or whatever. There's some reason to think we have a low rate of depression and a tendency to be "emotionally up" or what's referred to as "euphoric personality." The downside of this is some tendency to narcissism or mania. (This is part of the problem with Unbreakable. Sure an OI could be a murderer, I found at least one in a news archive who was a murderer, but I think it's unlikely one would be a tallish self-pitying murderer. More likely an OI murderer would be a short man, murderers are generally men, driven by normal things like passion or greed or revenge in the case of the one murderous OI I found. I suppose also possibly a desire to prove himself.)

And plenty of congenitally blind or deaf people do fine too. They don't necessarily need or want anyone to show them as examples of how God screwed up on the human body. No offense.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 06-20-2010 at 05:41 AM..

Old 06-20-2010, 07:20 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post

Oh it's not that bad.
And plenty of congenitally blind or deaf people do fine too. They don't necessarily need or want anyone to show them as examples of how God screwed up on the human body. No offense.
Do you apply all that to those that have physical problems that entail severe and unremitting pain also?
Do you find the 'silver lining' for them to focus on?

Old 06-20-2010, 08:40 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I don't think evolution really works that way. A vestigial organ will remain unless someone is born without it. Okay maybe people with smaller tonsils or appendices will marry/mate others with smaller etc until it dwindles to nothing, but is anyone choosing mates based on their appendix or tonsil size? I mean okay maybe tonsil size, seems a stretch though, but how would you even select for appendix size? I think it's hard for a man or woman to think "I can tell that one's got a small appendix so I'm so hitting that!"

Oh it's not that bad. Sure if I describe my life having osteogenesis imperfecta, brittle bones, it might sound bad but that's not my experience of it and I get the sense it's not the experience of many like me. That kid on "The Middle" seems fairly happy when I've seen him. Granted his is much less severe than mine, but still most of the bone breaking was before I was ten. Even when I was breaking often it had its advantages. Lots of sympathy, lots of toys.

The OIs I've seen who are unhappy are often in situations that would make most anyone unhappy. Like their parents dumped them on some poorly ran institution or their parents were drug-addicted losers or whatever. There's some reason to think we have a low rate of depression and a tendency to be "emotionally up" or what's referred to as "euphoric personality." The downside of this is some tendency to narcissism or mania. (This is part of the problem with Unbreakable. Sure an OI could be a murderer, I found at least one in a news archive who was a murderer, but I think it's unlikely one would be a tallish self-pitying murderer. More likely an OI murderer would be a short man, murderers are generally men, driven by normal things like passion or greed or revenge in the case of the one murderous OI I found. I suppose also possibly a desire to prove himself.)

Wow a Christian actually defending a Muslim! It's a miracle! You are right, no more examples are needed because the imperfection of the human body speaks for itself. I know I know, it would have been perfect if it were not for that stinking Eve eating that fruit. Dang it all! heee heee

Old 06-20-2010, 04:13 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,564,648 times
I'm willing to defend a Muslim. Why not? There are Muslims who are good people. I might basically agree that "everything good in Islam is borrowed from elsewhere, everything bad is unique to Islam" but that's a lot of good stuff borrowed. I'm also willing to defend an atheist and have done so, if maybe not here.

However it wasn't about defending a Muslim. I do not like atheists using my condition to make some atheistic point. I do not feel angry at God for being OI and so far as I know I never did. I am if anything glad I am who I am. I would frankly not want to be one of you walking people. My Dad told me I could be a writer or such if I wanted, he was never so tolerant of his walking sons doing such things. People open doors for me and I don't have to worry about falling down the stairs because I never use stairs. I like my life, and my body except I've gotten a bit fat, so I don't want to be used as an example of God screwing up.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:11 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,828 times
That is fine for you Thomas but not everyone with different conditions feel the way you do. Our point is that the original post made it seem like this so called mercy shown in the body was like perfect or something. At least that is how it comes across to me. The body is far from perfect. Some people probably feel like god took a dump on them because of their problems.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:43 AM

100 posts, read 155,848 times
Creation based on Mercy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality