Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:05 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,875,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Women are won over by what they hear, men by what they see

Basically, if he was saying the right things to her, that would be more important to her than what he physically looks like.

Of course, there had to be some physical attraction for him to have gotten close enough to her to tell her the things she wanted to hear, but a womans idea of what is physically attractive is not what some men like you apparently think it is.
Thats pretty sad then. Lot of guys can talk girls into doing something. You can be in heavy debt and have a nice car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 06:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,051,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
When I see her, I see a woman who's pretty attractive. When I see him, I see someone who's...not.
Thats funny. When I see her I see a rather unattractive homely frumpy goofy looking plain jane looks older than her age 1970s hair style wearing ren faire attending lucky if only 97 guys out of 100 would choose NOT to sleep with her type woman. When I see him, I see just a plain old ugly super white dude who probably drives a Corvette because when he was a twenty-something back in the 60s, thats what cool cats drove so he wants to still feel young and hip. They belong together.

Now if you REALLY want to talk about attractive women with ugly guys, lets start with Beyonce and super camel ugly Jay Z. Man!! What was she thinking?

Old 05-18-2010, 06:31 PM

4,457 posts, read 5,348,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Women are won over by what they hear, men by what they see
When I was 16 years old, my older brother (who was not then the most encouraging person) said to me, "Sprawling, you are handsome. You're the best looking in the family. But the problem is, you don't know how to talk to girls."

I was miffed.

However, as I look back, he had a point. I was a little socially awkward and grew out of that only in my early 20s. It doesn't matter how handsome, sexy, or built a man is - if he acts weird, has no manners, annoys others (which all but encompass what he says), women will avoid him.

Also, as an adult, I heard it be said by many women, right in front of me, that all a man needs is to know how to sweet talk, and the woman is theirs.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,988,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
When I was 16 years old, my older brother (who was not then the most encouraging person) said to me, "Sprawling, you are handsome. You're the best looking in the family. But the problem is, you don't know how to talk to girls."

I was miffed.

However, as I look back, he had a point. I was a little socially awkward and grew out of that only in my early 20s. It doesn't matter how handsome, sexy, or built a man is - if he acts weird, has no manners, annoys others (which all but encompass what he says), women will avoid him.

Also, as an adult, I heard it be said by many women, right in front of me, that all a man needs is to know how to sweet talk, and the woman is theirs.

Yep. You are wiser than you realize

Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,766,995 times
A couple of opposites.....an exaggeration of I might add. Sometimes I see couples and wonder what they see in each other.

Just remember everyone. You can still be some ones dream boat. Even if the anchor has fallen over board and the cargo has shifted.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2014 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: copyrights

Old 05-18-2010, 09:03 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,501,520 times
money
power
the opportunity to get a high paying, powerful job

Old 05-18-2010, 09:40 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,877,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I just read about Indiana Rep. Mark Souder resigning after it was revealed that he had an affair with Tracy Jackson, one of his staffers. At first, I was shocked that a Republican was sleeping with a woman.
Yeah. Usually, they have their relationships in airport men's rooms.

Attractive Women With Unattractive Men = Call Girl?

On the radio this AM, they had a piece on college girls paying their tuition doing just that. They made anything from $200 for a 15 minute "quickie" to a couple of thou for a weekend.

As one put it: "Some girls give it away for free, but I'm not like that!"

Given the high single male to single female ratio around here, this doesn't surprise me. However, since none of them was caught by the police, their clients were "senior corporate officers" rather than politicians.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:08 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,501,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
On the radio this AM, they had a piece on college girls paying their tuition doing just that. They made anything from $200 for a 15 minute "quickie" to a couple of thou for a weekend.

This is nothing new.... young women and college women have been doing this for decades. I remember when I was in my late teens/early 20s, I had a friend who had a string of men paying for everything... rent, books, tuition, expensive perfume and other gifts, etc. This friend was making thousands of dollars off these guys every month, all the while going to college and then med school.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:46 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,492,879 times
Sweet dreams are made of these. A man who has something to offer, is going to find a woman who wants it. That's how most relationships work. She gives him what he wants and he gives her what she wants. Whatever it is she wants, she's getting it.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:20 AM

769 posts, read 1,016,498 times
it was probably the power and i wouldnt say she was attractive per se
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships