Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 PM

786 posts, read 4,734,519 times

Advertisements

I see so many people who look just terrible that were quite attractive years ago. I notice that some of the beauties and hunks in High School are just plain ugly 30 years later. I wonder what their spouse thinks when they are in bed doing their business. I am sure many still picture them as they were 30 years ago, while others are closing their eyes and thinking they are with a Playboy Bunny. Others have so much love for their spouse that the physical side is no longer an issue. But I wonder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 06:09 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,533 times
My husband is hot. He will always be a hunk to me.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:17 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,707,416 times
I've known my husband for 20 years - he was a hottie then - and he's a hottie now

Old 06-02-2007, 09:55 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
Wow! I better not answer this thread!!!

Old 06-02-2007, 10:36 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,050,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
The dancing queen is right! People are afraid to even think about this one!

Old 06-02-2007, 11:05 PM

253 posts, read 1,056,143 times
Well see the thing is...

I believe that physical attraction in a marriage over time is not merely influenced by how your partner looks...it's more so influenced by the emotional bond that you have. It's a combination. You start to see the person you love in a very 3 dimensional way to where attraction becomes quite rich and layered.

So if someone (in most cases) is utterly and completely not attracted to their partner anymore physically (in a marriage), then I'd wonder if there was also a lack of emotional attraction as well.

I think when people are out of love and passion is lacking, then it causes them to look at their partner in a more objective/scientific view.

Last edited by AsymptoticFaery; 06-02-2007 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: elaboration

Old 06-02-2007, 11:19 PM

11 posts, read 33,520 times
I agree with AsymptoticFaery on every level - my connection with my lover is intense and I am deeply attracted physically, but I truly beleive that she will always be the hottest woman alive because of our connection - no matter what age does to either of us, the strength of our connection will always bring us closer and closer, physically as well as emptionally.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:55 AM

356 posts, read 1,180,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Somethings are better left unsaid, and left alone.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:21 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,493,538 times
It's posts like these that many people want to answer, but will not, out of...fear. This is why I asked if we could have an "anyonomous" forum!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:34 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,167,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsymptoticFaery View Post
Well see the thing is...

I believe that physical attraction in a marriage over time is not merely influenced by how your partner looks...it's more so influenced by the emotional bond that you have. It's a combination. You start to see the person you love in a very 3 dimensional way to where attraction becomes quite rich and layered.

So if someone (in most cases) is utterly and completely not attracted to their partner anymore physically (in a marriage), then I'd wonder if there was also a lack of emotional attraction as well.

I think when people are out of love and passion is lacking, then it causes them to look at their partner in a more objective/scientific view.
I agree with you. There has to be that special bond/emotional "need" and intellectual understanding/acceptance and the physical comes naturally. The physical's novelty wears off quickly and moreso over time and aging process so the emotional has to be the glue that keeps you going and interested in all respects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships