Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:34 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,630,095 times

Advertisements

The reason I'm even asking this question is because I really do think that women do better than men on their own for a number of reasons. If I examine my own pathetic life I have to admit that I share a fault that a great many men have, I live like a pig. Women just tend to be neater from my experience and seem to have a knack for organizing things around the house and being creative when they decorate their home. Men on the other hand are more likely to use their creativity to build a replica of Stonehenge out of beer cans or maybe use their living room as a machine shop.
Women for the most part also tend to be better cooks and eat a healthier diet than single guys do. I have been trying to become a better cook lately but I think men are more likely to just do fast foods and then leave the packages heaped up.
I know when my parents got divorced that my Dad didn't do very well at being single and I was very glad when he eventually got remarried. I'm afraid I'm the same way and unfortunately I've always been single. Also, when I think about couples I know that have gotten divorced it always seems like the guys had a much tougher time of it on their own.
Anyway that's my very unscientific analysis on the subject. What's your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 02:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Your not gonna like my reply....hope we can stay friends but I have to honest. In my experience I've seen the opposite, but I've heard some stories. Living like a pig tells where you are mentally on some level. Hoarders are a great example.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:10 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
I think on the whole women are neater than men - maybe it's the nesting instinct, some intuitive sense of order or what have you. MOST men, OTOH, tend toward being sloppier than women.

Except, unfortunately, in my marriage, where the roles were reversed. And I've known a lot of guys (not necessarily gay) who were neat freaks and a lot of gals that were slobs.

Go figure.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:21 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,738 times
Could not disagree more. Women are pigs...they just hide it when they're trying to get or keep a guy

Old 02-20-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Could not disagree more. Women are pigs...they just hide it when they're trying to get or keep a guy
LOL I've done janitor work before, especially in the ladies rooms - looks like a hurricane hit there.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:24 PM

378 posts, read 1,063,961 times
I think it just depends on the individual. There are organized and disorganized in both the sexes.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:29 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,630,095 times
virgode wrote:
Quote:
Your not gonna like my reply....hope we can stay friends but I have to honest. In my experience I've seen the opposite, but I've heard some stories. Living like a pig tells where you are mentally on some level. Hoarders are a great example.
I was actually trying to inject a little humor into the topic by the phrase "living like a pig". What I do and I see alot of other guys do is tend to let things get cluttered. For example I'm in the middle of doing some painting and fixing things up inside of my house and I have tools laying all over the place. I'm not a hoarder and I get rid of stuff I don't use but I need to be more organized. Women who are friends of mine and single just seem neater than the guys I know. Of course not all men are messy and not all women are neat but if I could see the living rooms or kitchens of single men and single women without knowing who lived there I'll bet that I could tell you with a high percentage of accuracy whether it was a man or a woman.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:30 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
LOL I've done janitor work before, especially in the ladies rooms - looks like a hurricane hit there.
You and I have the very same mental scars! Ladies rooms...shudder.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,849 times
my place is neat and clean and i eat a healthier diet then most people. i dont drink beer or eat fast food/pizza or anything else that can pile up easily :P

Old 02-20-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
You and I have the very same mental scars! Ladies rooms...shudder.
LOL - all those little bits of toilet paper floating around - ARRRGH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships