Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:10 PM

2,031 posts, read 5,059,669 times

Advertisements

...and ...and ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 06:15 PM

23,405 posts, read 37,244,819 times
oh, goody, got here early enough to watch all the action!

Old 01-16-2010, 06:19 PM

24,665 posts, read 70,074,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No I say I troll the web for sports chat.

i like traveling and going to movies. Does my hobby have to be exciting?
You troll the web for dates on Craigslist, you have your TV for sports events and occasionally put a comment out on the CD sports forum.

You like traveling? In your 34 years where have you traveled outside of Pittsburgh and how often?

Going to the movies? When did you actually last go to the movies outside your apartment? Save us the BS, Grasshopper and keep it for the Craigslist contacts.

Last edited by STT Resident; 01-16-2010 at 07:19 PM..

Old 01-16-2010, 06:30 PM

146 posts, read 269,199 times
What this female co-worker is really saying is that you don't appeal to women. Your choice of subject manner for discussion is just one example of what women might find undesirable about you. Accordingly, it is natural for her to assume you don't have one.

Last edited by Lost&Found; 01-16-2010 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 01-16-2010, 07:51 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,225,129 times
Quote:
When men get together they talk about

Sports
Women
TV Shows
Sporting Activities
Current Events
They must be the same men that don't date the women you don't date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
You didn't answer the question.
What are you doing to make yourself more interesting? Do you have any hobbies a girl might find interesting? Do you actually tell these people at work you troll the web for women??
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
What on earth would make her think that?

At least she didn't tell you that the telephone is your nemesis.
Quote:
No I say I troll the web for sports chat.

i like traveling and going to movies. Does my hobby have to be exciting?
Travelling? to where? when is the weather in Philly good enough for you to even travel to your front door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You troll the web for dates on Craigslist, you have your TV for sports events and occasionally put a comment out on the CD sports forum.

You like traveling? In your 34 years where have you traveled outside of Pittsburgh and how often?

Going to the movies? When did you actually last go to the movies outside your apartment? Save us the BS, Grasshopper and keep it for the Craigslist contacts.
I'm still not able to rep you, STT - you're always on the money!

Grasscupcakehopper, your co-worker knows you better than you know yourself. You have no life; you make up crap to avoid meeting real live women; if you find yourself inexplicably meeting one, you sabotage it. Your life is stuck focusing on your sports and your interests. You don't even want to know what a woman might like to discuss yet you expect all the women in the world to want to discuss the 2 measly topics you have any interest in or knowledge of. You're boring. Your co-worker calls you on it and you scoff.

The men I know discuss politics; areas of the world and country they have visited, want to return to, just came back from; where to retire; the most recent play they saw; concert they attended; museum they visited; and they love hearing about my shopping excursions! yeah, go figure. Yanno, I never heard one discuss sports with me unless you count sailing. I can and do discuss woodworking and home repair with experts in the field of historic restoration (and hold my own as I love working with wood - both men and tree-kind); I can discuss basic car repair - yep, I've repaired my own, rebuilt starter motors, etc. - and I NEVER want for lack of friends or social chat with anyone. I learned at an early age that men like women who talk about more than women's topics. And I like a man who will discuss yarns with me or go to the fabric store and discuss what material to buy for the new curtains I am making. Yeah, some real men do that.

As someone else asked you, what are you doing to make yourself interesting? Have you read Eats Shoots and Leaves? It's one of my favorites.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:04 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,353,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost&Found View Post
What this female co-worker is really saying is that you don't appeal to women. Your choice of subject manner for discussion is just one example of what women might find undesirable about you. Accordingly, it is natural for her to assume you don't have one.

I hope she doesn't mean that because would be plain wrong.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:06 PM

24,665 posts, read 70,074,660 times
Quote:
I found it so funny that women at my job think because I never talk about women that I don't have one. I have a mother but I don't talk about her either-lol

Then my female coworker actually told me that SPORTS is my main girlfriend and the INTERNET is my girlfriend on the side-lol

That actually made me laugh a little but she can't assume I don't have women in my place.
That didn't give you a hint that even your coworkers are in line with the majority of people who respond to your innumerable posts on CD? Lost&Found's comment was astute.

Those of us who know you through your threads are well aware of the two times in the last 18 months that women have been in your place and those two times are hardly anything to brag about with any sort of a ho ho ho and a smirk.

So, Grasshopper, what happened with your intention of seeking a professional counselor? No doubt that idea hit the dust and faded into oblivion as fast as all your other innovative plans.

You revel in creating threads which ramble on endlessly with so many responses from so many who both "know" you and those who, not having read your history, take the bite and empathize with you.

I really did think you were salvageable for a long time but now I find myself repeating a refrain where you're concerned.

As of now, Grasshopper, you are done where I'm concerned. Yes, I've said it before and came back but now we're really done.

Old age takes it's toll and I'm having some current problems which are bothering me. It's been fun joshing with you for so long and trying to put you on a reasonably right path, but I'm just not into it any more.

Save the one-line platitude response. Just get some professional help. Cheers!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
They must be the same men that don't date the women you don't date.

Travelling? to where? when is the weather in Philly good enough for you to even travel to your front door?

I'm still not able to rep you, STT - you're always on the money!

Grasscupcakehopper, your co-worker knows you better than you know yourself. You have no life; you make up crap to avoid meeting real live women; if you find yourself inexplicably meeting one, you sabotage it. Your life is stuck focusing on your sports and your interests. You don't even want to know what a woman might like to discuss yet you expect all the women in the world to want to discuss the 2 measly topics you have any interest in or knowledge of. You're boring. Your co-worker calls you on it and you scoff.

The men I know discuss politics; areas of the world and country they have visited, want to return to, just came back from; where to retire; the most recent play they saw; concert they attended; museum they visited; and they love hearing about my shopping excursions! yeah, go figure. Yanno, I never heard one discuss sports with me unless you count sailing. I can and do discuss woodworking and home repair with experts in the field of historic restoration (and hold my own as I love working with wood - both men and tree-kind); I can discuss basic car repair - yep, I've repaired my own, rebuilt starter motors, etc. - and I NEVER want for lack of friends or social chat with anyone. I learned at an early age that men like women who talk about more than women's topics. And I like a man who will discuss yarns with me or go to the fabric store and discuss what material to buy for the new curtains I am making. Yeah, some real men do that.

As someone else asked you, what are you doing to make yourself interesting? Have you read Eats Shoots and Leaves? It's one of my favorites.

I'm not boring after midnight

Old 01-16-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
That didn't give you a hint that even your coworkers are in line with the majority of people who respond to your innumerable posts on CD? Lost&Found's comment was astute.

Those of us who know you through your threads are well aware of the two times in the last 18 months that women have been in your place and those two times are hardly anything to brag about with any sort of a ho ho ho and a smirk.

So, Grasshopper, what happened with your intention of seeking a professional counselor? No doubt that idea hit the dust and faded into oblivion as fast as all your other innovative plans.

You revel in creating threads which ramble on endlessly with so many responses from so many who both "know" you and those who, not having read your history, take the bite and empathize with you.

I really did think you were salvageable for a long time but now I find myself repeating a refrain where you're concerned.

As of now, Grasshopper, you are done where I'm concerned. Yes, I've said it before and came back but now we're really done.

Old age takes it's toll and I'm having some current problems which are bothering me. It's been fun joshing with you for so long and trying to put you on a reasonably right path, but I'm just not into it any more.

Save the one-line platitude response. Just get some professional help. Cheers!

Your attraction for me is stronger than your lies Your are too attracted to me to fade away.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:27 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,225,129 times
Quote:
Your attraction for me is stronger than your lies Your are too attracted to me to fade away.
You not only don't know women your own age, you really don't know us older ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships