Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
A star is a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior or a shape not a person.
lol, your cute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 10:16 PM

27,354 posts, read 27,407,146 times
I didnt know half those actresses but Reese Witherspoon looks pretty good without all her warpaint.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:24 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
They for the most part look like completely normal people. Neve Campbell actually looks about a million times better bare-faced. Same for Alicia Silverstone. The only ones who look actually freakish are the ones that have had fairly dramatic surgical enhancements. What's the point of getting a fake face put on when you still have to slather it with makeup to cover up the freakishness?

This happens with noncelebs, too. I have a coworker who wears heavy eyeliner typically, and on the rare day when she doesn't, she looks like a completely different person. Fine either way, but totally different. Makeup can be applied in a way that seriously alters your look, and that's what some people go for. I've always been a subtle enhancement girl, myself, but some go for the dramatic.

Anyway, it's just the nature of makeup. If people typically wear heavy makeup, as most people in the public eye do, they look startlingly different when bare-faced.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:27 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,307,727 times
I think Kate Winslet is beautiful with or without makeup. Neve Campbell looks okay. However, Lindsay Lohan IS wearing make-up in both shots. And one actress who looks shockingly plain w/o it is Pam Anderson ~ too bad she wasn't included in this presentation. Uma Thurman is just butt-ugly, Period.

But in an industry where movie stars should, or are expected to, look their best as often as possible, Meg Ryan really shouldn't take the chances of being caught bare-faced. I know that sounds terrible but fans who idolize their favorite screen beauties can get mighty flaky, and sometimes things change when the glamour is gone. That's why Marilyn Monroe remains 'alive' as an icon of Hollywood beauty; she died before she aged. Cruel, but that's the way it is.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:06 PM

390 posts, read 905,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
I think Kate Winslet is beautiful with or without makeup. Neve Campbell looks okay. However, Lindsay Lohan IS wearing make-up in both shots. And one actress who looks shockingly plain w/o it is Pam Anderson ~ too bad she wasn't included in this presentation. Uma Thurman is just butt-ugly, Period.

But in an industry where movie stars should, or are expected to, look their best as often as possible, Meg Ryan really shouldn't take the chances of being caught bare-faced. I know that sounds terrible but fans who idolize their favorite screen beauties can get mighty flaky, and sometimes things change when the glamour is gone. That's why Marilyn Monroe remains 'alive' as an icon of Hollywood beauty; she died before she aged. Cruel, but that's the way it is.
Yes Bluesbabe, you got a point!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:07 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times
The no makeup photos are usually bad, paparazzi shots with the celebs making a funny face, caught early in the morning, wearing sweats & their hair pulled back messily. Who would look good like that?

Conversely, the makeup photos shown for comparison are usually under flattering lighting, with pro hair & makeup, glamorous clothes, and with a poised body & face. The comparison is more than just no makeup vs makeup, and is really unfair to these women.

Most women without makeup look pretty average (or worse), because the beauty standards are pretty impossible to meet without any help.

What I actually noticed is that most of them have great skin....

Old 04-10-2009, 12:11 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Lindsay Lohan still had makeup on in the alleged "no makeup" photo.

Some of those ladies still looked fine without their makeup.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:23 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,887 times
I think Jessica Simpson looks better w/o makeup...I think the only thing the makeup really does is cover up their skin 'irregularities' Otherwise they all look pale and tired.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:05 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,439,063 times
I think Britney Spears, Madonna , and George Clooney are far from gorgeous. And people seem to want to date them. I dont get it.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:25 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,344,116 times
I will still do Kate Hudson, Katherine Zeta Jones, Drew Barrymore and Alicia Silverstone. With the wife's permission of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships