Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:47 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,533,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Artsy sucks!!
And you know this how?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 05:59 AM

7,004 posts, read 21,387,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
And you know this how?

Cat's intuition?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM

25,146 posts, read 54,060,105 times
Once he asked me too. That is how he knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
And you know this how?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:19 AM

A person who disagrees to help me out or to express their own view is fine. Although, I have every right to disagree with anybody's opinion of me or of their opinion of what I do. It doesn't mean I will assume they are tearing me down though, unless I'm sensing something negative in their body language or tone. Also tact is important if you want to keep relationships going. I think you get the idea now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Maybe you're confusing someone disagreeing with you as tearing you down. It seems to be an epidemic these days. Disagreeing is not synonymous with hate, or bashing or belittling....

Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 AM

123 posts, read 213,801 times
Default Wake up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What is with these type of folks that bring you up with compliments and then later do or say something to tear you down? Then they keep that cycle up throughout your friendship or work relationship.

Is that some psychological way to destroy somebody's self worth or confidence?

It must be my bad luck because in the past I've met circles of people that do that, including professionals.
Sounds to me that you need to get away from these type of folks. There are those that thrive on hurtinmg others.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 AM

I don't know any person who enjoys being around rude and manipulative people, unless they are rude and manipulative people themselves, and then they too tend to get very defensive and sensitive. So ..... therefore I don't get your point. I also would not consider myself "very sensitive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Artsy, it seems you are very sensitive & take many things as a personal affront. So many people are rude to you, insulting you, playing mind games, etc. I'm sure your feelings are legitimate, but you have to wonder if you're not taking it more to heart than necessary.

It's really not worth your energy to get your feathers ruffled over it, and it's frustrating to try and analyze something that is likely irrational anyway.
Sometimes it's better just to ignore it & not give it any significance, or give people the benefit of the doubt that they didn't mean it in the way you're taking it.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 AM

Didn't you just say that what I was seeing was just people simply "disagreeing" with me??? I'm sorry but your comments really are contradictory and unsympathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I don't think it's a woman thing. I see men do it too. I think a lot of people are just really mean spirited nowadays.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:56 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,052,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
I've noticed that too. Especially when the person thinks with emotions rather than an open minded based view based on logic.
Oh, maybe he's a democrat. Love you, dems, but you do think with your emotions.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:00 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,309,859 times
Quote:
What is with these type of folks that bring you up with compliments and then later do or say something to tear you down? Then they keep that cycle up throughout your friendship or work relationship....
Maybe they're just being honest. They see something about you that deserves a compliment, so they give praise. The next day they see something they disapprove of, so they criticize. Just like I do with many posters on CD -- I may strongly agree with some of their opinions and strongly disagree with others. I'm that way with your posts. It's not my intension to "bring you up" nor "tear you down", but only give credit when it's due and another point of view when I disagree.

Maybe that's not what you're talking about....

Old 04-08-2009, 11:00 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,052,518 times
Quote:
Didn't you just say that what I was seeing was just people simply "disagreeing" with me??? I'm sorry but your comments really are contradictory and unsympathetic.
That doesn't negate the fact that it isn't a woman thing and some people are just mean spirited. Just because, as I said, you MAY--MAYBE, I said, reread it--be confusing it with that, doesn't mean that's the answer for every situation. Stop emotional thinking. Or don't. I don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships