Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 01:34 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,126,019 times

Advertisements

As a dude, I often feel women don't really need men in their lives, at least not as much as we need them.

Men put on this whole macho "I'm my own person" image, but in reality I think they need a woman for support more than women need a man.

Sexually, it's obvious women aren't nearly as into men as men are into women - most men only find ugly chicks repulsive, while most women are repulsed physically by the majority of guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 01:55 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,035 times
I think women get a lot of emotional support and even non-sexual affection from each other, whereas men tend not to provide those necessities to their buddies. And, I've known a lot of women who say they enjoy sex without a partner more than they do with one (though I wouldn't count myself in that group). So, you may be onto something.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:07 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,228,825 times
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic
Quote:
Men put on this whole macho "I'm my own person" image, but in reality I think they need a woman for support more than women need a man.
I don't need a woman to be a man.
I don't care about being perceived as a man by others, all I care about is being myself.

Quote:
Sexually, it's obvious women aren't nearly as into men as men are into women - most men only find ugly chicks repulsive, while most women are repulsed physically by the majority of guys.
I find hypocrites repulsive and don't care whether they are men or (beautiful & sexXxy) women.

Originally Posted by Anneee
Quote:
I think women get a lot of emotional support and even non-sexual affection from each other, whereas men tend not to provide those necessities to their buddies.
Women, men or children, I get my emotional support where I can get them.
Not that my xxx-large ego needs lotsa emotional support.

Last edited by Tricky D; 09-15-2008 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: corrected my misquote of Aneee

Old 09-15-2008, 02:12 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,035 times
Psst...Tricky D...you misquoted me...

Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,869,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
As a dude, I often feel women don't really need men in their lives, at least not as much as we need them.

I could have written this one, it's EXACTLY LIKE THAT.
Where are live, the two main driving forces of women are children and carreer, then family.
Interest in men per se come far behind.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I could have written this one, it's EXACTLY LIKE THAT.
Where are live, the two main driving forces of women are children and carreer, then family.
Interest in men per se come far behind.
Yes, unless you're Brad Pitt or Nick Jonas, chicks couldn't care less about men. That's why they're all going lesbian.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:16 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
Here here!!
This isn`t necessarily so for all of us.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:26 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
I think women get a lot of emotional support and even non-sexual affection from each other, whereas men tend not to provide those necessities to their buddies. And, I've known a lot of women who say they enjoy sex without a partner more than they do with one (though I wouldn't count myself in that group). So, you may be onto something.
Given a choice between a man in my life or a best girlfriend, the girlfriend wins hands down these days. Now that we're, financially, self sufficient, men are an accessory. Not that we don't like them but we can do just fine without them and sometimes male/female relationshs just aren't worth the trouble.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Given a choice between a man in my life or a best girlfriend, the girlfriend wins hands down these days. Now that we're, financially, self sufficient, men are an accessory. Not that we don't like them but we can do just fine without them and sometimes male/female relationshs just aren't worth the trouble.
Are you lesbian? If you are that's cool, I'm just curious who's saying this.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:52 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,869,561 times
Are you lesbian? If you are that's cool, I'm just curious who's saying this.

Unfortunately, many non-lesbian women think like that.
I wonder, what all this indifference/passive hostility to men is going to lead to in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships