Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 10:59 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,373,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
No. Just her career.
The only thing that could boost her career is if they did a celebrity death match cartoon of her and Cindy Brady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Based on my experience I have to say that I believe women are much more prone to analyze things to death moreso than men. Especially when it comes to relationships. I see it here everyday with the "What does he mean when he says he will call later?" or "What does he mean when he breaks up with me?" or "What does it mean when a guy smiles at you?" and all the similar threads that women here start.

We guys just takes things as they are and only become analytical over things where it is required.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
No. Just her career.
Speaking of dead careers, I thought Wynona Rider was finished and I regretted it because she IS a great actress. Just read she's shooting quite a few movies right now.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:21 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,224,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
i over think and over talk everything. sometimes i feel like im standing out of my body just looking at myself rolling my eyes at ME!! i just cant stop talking and then once it comes out wrong i need to keep talking to try to explain what im trying to explain. i tire the hell out of myself.. lol. but in my defense. i have 2 little girls and its like this. on your mark get set talk! then errrrrrrrnt! times up, they cut me off and im burried. my husband tends to interup orjust walk away too, i dont like that to much.. he should atleast try to listen. i sometimes feel like i dont matter or what i have to say doesnt matter. im just a detailed person. dont leave anything out.. so my stories cant be short.. lol. and i talk fast too because im affraid i wont get it all in.. lol. im exahusted now.. so on that note. hope you can relate.
Oh I can totally relate. I am a very detailed oriented person too. I also tend to talk very fast as well, partially due to culture and partially learned now because there are constant interruptions in a household of 7. I know that feeling of not getting it all out before an interruption kicks in or someone's attention span to the conversation wears out. I also know that feeling of trying to explain yourself and then trying to explain your explanation.

Yeah, it can be very tiring and very frustrating. I hear ya.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:27 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
I dated a woman like that who analyzed EVERYTHING from parsing every pearl of wisdom I uttered to standing in the grocery store aisle for minutes at a time comparing prices on toothpaste. Every trip, every date, every trivial decision was this hellish, time-consuming exercise in convoluted decision making where she worried about the consequences of everything she did. So she would watch every word she said, making conversations such excruciating ordeals that you just wanted to scream GET TO THE POINT ALREADY.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,224,658 times
Quote:
I dated a woman like that who analyzed EVERYTHING from parsing every pearl of wisdom I uttered to standing in the grocery store aisle for minutes at a time comparing prices on toothpaste. Every trip, every date, every trivial decision was this hellish, time-consuming exercise in convoluted decision making where she worried about the consequences of everything she did. So she would watch every word she said, making conversations such excruciating ordeals that you just wanted to scream GET TO THE POINT ALREADY.
LOL. Well I do that whole comparison shopping thing, does save a lot of money which is very needed in today's economy.

However, I have also encountered people that as you describe just take it too far and are frustrating in their inability to make a decision. I believe analyzing things is important and a positive attribute to have. However, I also believe everything needs to be with balance in life.

As much as I love to analyze an important situation, at least if it is something that I consider to be important, I also love the ability to just be spontaneous at times and flow with a moment. Not everything in life has to be a mapped out plan consisting of the positive and negative effects or consequences it can have.

My husband is more of a spontaneous type of person. He figures things don't always go as planned so lets just go for it and see what happens. I think we somehow manage to bring balance to one another and to our home.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 PM

874 posts, read 3,678,727 times
Quote:
People who analyze everything typically suck the joy out of life.
You know what..although I'm one of those people youre talking about..I can't be prideful..I totally agree. I feel like theres sooo much that I'm missing out on in life. Don't get me wrong..I love to have fun..life of the party..but when the strobe light cuts off and everyone goes home..theeerrreee I go. Its very frustrating for my family and friends. They just never know what the hell I'm gonna come up with next or what stupid question I'm gonna ask or what is gonna stress me the hell out to the point where I cant sleep. My man is really good to put up with me because he's the one that has to listent to my whys, hows, dos and donts.. Sigh..its hard.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Based on my experience I have to say that I believe women are much more prone to analyze things to death moreso than men. Especially when it comes to relationships. I see it here everyday with the "What does he mean when he says he will call later?" or "What does he mean when he breaks up with me?" or "What does it mean when a guy smiles at you?" and all the similar threads that women here start.

We guys just takes things as they are and only become analytical over things where it is required.
How do you take things as they are if you don't have the answers? Thats like saying the sky is blue because it is..but theres a reason why the sky is blue. No?

Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Speaking of dead careers, I thought Wynona Rider was finished and I regretted it because she IS a great actress. Just read she's shooting quite a few movies right now.
Anyword on Julia Roberts..I love her. Looks like we need another thread!!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
Oh I can totally relate. I am a very detailed oriented person too. I also tend to talk very fast as well, partially due to culture and partially learned now because there are constant interruptions in a household of 7. I know that feeling of not getting it all out before an interruption kicks in or someone's attention span to the conversation wears out. I also know that feeling of trying to explain yourself and then trying to explain your explanation.

Yeah, it can be very tiring and very frustrating. I hear ya.
I hear ya!

By the way, congratulations on your New Husband/Venture in life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships