Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:37 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,865,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's not true. We had a friend who stepped out on her hubby in a pretty outrageous fashion, and lost both her kids. No drugs. No alcohol.
I didn't say mothers never lose their kids - sure that can happen. It is just not very common, especially in the south. The vast majority of times the mother gets the kids no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,599,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I didn't say mothers never lose their kids - sure that can happen. It is just not very common, especially in the south. The vast majority of times the mother gets the kids no matter what.
Here the default is joint custody. You have to prove the other parent unfit to take custody. I think it depends on where you are.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:45 AM

25,157 posts, read 54,012,761 times
uh no. that would be psycho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Don't forget to pee in public and kill an animal or two on the way home. I think you need to do something to feel manly again.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:15 PM

22,413 posts, read 29,551,963 times
Jimbo-Leave the killing the animals out please.

To OP-I would have said "Don't let the door hit you on your a@@ on the way out". Then I would have changed all the locks in the house and contacted her parents to let them know what a ***** their daughter is and how she is breaking up a happy home.

Don't bother trying to fix this. She's obviously not happy and doesn't want to be with you. Print out those emails ASAP and give them to someone safe to hold for future reference. Good luck!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:20 PM

250 posts, read 336,908 times
nsa, first I sympathize with your problem. Apparently, your wife is an adultress AND a liar. You have two options IMO:

1) Confront her with the intention of saving the marriage, or
2) Set her up to be BBQ'd during a divorce trial by hiring a PI and lawyer. All the money and the kid will be yours, but she will still get visitation and you might be paying more than half of the kid's bills.

#1 is obviously the more honorable choice of the two. But #2 is far more satisfying in the near-term. So you must check your own values and decide, then act decisively. DO NOT WAIT. For all you know, she could be planning #2 on you.

I am not an attorney, I just vacation with one!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,090,656 times
I'm sorry but there's an old saying "Once a cheat, always a cheat."

She's been emailing him
She went to be with him
The baby doesn't even count

Cut your losses now!

you need you a can of this...

Old 06-05-2008, 12:48 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,283,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Jimbo-Leave the killing the animals out please.

To OP-I would have said "Don't let the door hit you on your a@@ on the way out". Then I would have changed all the locks in the house and contacted her parents to let them know what a ***** their daughter is and how she is breaking up a happy home.

Don't bother trying to fix this. She's obviously not happy and doesn't want to be with you. Print out those emails ASAP and give them to someone safe to hold for future reference. Good luck!
Yeah that would have been a good move I think. Call her parents and let them know that their daughter is on a plane to meet up with her old boyfriend for a romp. Watch how fast her mom gets her on her cell phone to b**ch her out.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:31 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,481,050 times
I hate to say it but you are sure the baby is yours?? You had better find out now rather then later.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:03 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,251,333 times
You know, I'm beginning to smell a rat. Nobody can be this big of a doormat. I'm saying baloney.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:33 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,599,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I hate to say it but you are sure the baby is yours?? You had better find out now rather then later.
I don't know that I'd recommend that. If he was married to her at the time of birth and signed the birth certificate, legally this is his child. Even if he can prove he's not the bio father, the court will still hold him responsible (supposedly,they look at the best interest of the child and since he's been established as the father, he gets the bill).

This may be a case where ignorance is bliss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships