Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 11:26 PM

346 posts, read 238,150 times

Advertisements

For example, there are many cases where girlfriends/wives help their men beat/torture/rape/kill others, do you think they should be held just as accountable for their actions just as much as men? Such as say Mussolini's mistress Clara Petacci who was killed and hung just as he was, or the Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceaușescu wife who both ended up getting executed, or Bonnie and Clyde. Or today the wives of Kim Jong-un, Xi Jinping, Asma al-Assad etc. Say every one of these men along with their wives were executed, do they not deserve the same fate? Especially how all of them know full well how evil their men are? Or do you think they should be exempt because they're women?

Old 03-21-2020, 02:16 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,472,584 times
I think there are laws in place for this very scenario. So yes its a capital offense Aiding and abetting is a crime in itself, held against those who would somehow assist a criminal – short of physically contributing to the illegal act. In many jurisdictions, aiding and abetting is the same as an “accessory” to the crime.

Granted statistically females get a lighter sentence ( though I disagree with that entire reason behind women being given leniency).

Three cases stand out that ire my being to this day where the female received a lighter sentence .
Paul Bernardo/ Karla Holmokla
Brian David Mitchell; Wanda Barzee
Sante and Kenneth Kimes

I seem to run blind in the gender department and look at the crime and the actions of the perpetrators. Guess thats why no lawyer wants me as a jurist. I'd be sticking to the evidence and the actions. Not whether Miss Sally wants to play the Gee but I have kids at home to gain sympathy. She should have thought of that before she went on her criminal career goal.

Old 03-21-2020, 03:04 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,873,194 times
Obviously people shouldn't get a pass just for being female. If the partner was a willing participant in atrocities, they deserve the same consequences.

That said, there have been circumstances where the partner basically got dragged along for the ride. I mean, do you think Ri Sol-ju could just walk away from Kim Jong-un if she wanted to?

Old 03-21-2020, 03:55 AM

1,112 posts, read 886,258 times
Women sign up for this ...can’t fix stupid.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:45 AM

44,377 posts, read 20,086,203 times
Not a relationships issue. Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.