Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 12:39 PM

1,153 posts, read 568,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I dont think they mean that type of drama. They are talking about drama connected to their relationship which deals with previous exes or game playing. No one can control life drama which is something I experience last summer when I was sick and have to live in the hospital for 4 weeks
It's not obvious what it means really. Hence why it's not a good thing to write on a dating profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 12:41 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
What many people call "game playing" is a joke and an inaccurate representation of what is actually going on. A situation that someone doesn't like, doesn't mean the other person is playing games.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:42 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,754,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
It's not obvious what it means really. Hence why it's not a good thing to write on a dating profile.
Well I would hope they are not talking about Unemployment, Medical, and Financial drama lol

Old 07-21-2019, 06:15 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yessssssss. I'm convinced that there is a universe rule that whatever you say you don't want, the universe brings exactly that to you. Because you are focusing on that. Just yesterday I reactivated my dating profile (I do that when I'm trying to muster up the will power to stay no contact with my ex)
I'm pretty sure that having an ex waiting in the wings who may end up back in the picture when your will power wavers would be considered to be drama by many.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:21 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The conversation would be like this:

No drama? What? No broadway shows? Can't cry if my dog dies? No drama, because you're the drama queen? If I pick tacos when you want Italian, is that drama?

A profile it just to give you a general idea if you might get on with someone.
This is what I was wondering, too. Why such a fixation on "no drama"? Because the writers are control freaks? lol. What personality flaws are they hiding, and attributing to drama on their dates' part?

Old 07-21-2019, 06:23 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
I'm pretty sure that having an ex waiting in the wings who may end up back in the picture when your will power wavers would be considered to be drama by many.

I'm in no contact with him. What else do you want me to do?

Be alone and take time to heal? I've done that before, for a year and half, and nothing changed. I always have some boy in my head since I was 13 years old. At all times, and he doesn't get replaced in my thoughts until I find a new one, but once I find a new one, POOF, the old one is gone out of my head. Just like that.. and I'm into the new one. That's just how I am.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:25 PM

6,876 posts, read 4,880,771 times
I suspect that the people that cause drama are unable to recognize it in themselves. Saying no drama is, imho, a waste of time.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:27 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is what I was wondering, too. Why such a fixation on "no drama"? Because the writers are control freaks? lol. What personality flaws are they hiding, and attributing to drama on their dates' part?
Yep! Those are the drama-causers I’ve met. Just want to do dumb stuff, get away with things, and not deal with consequences. Instead if the reaction is: “You did what?!” The person reacting is “full of drama”. Otherwise known as gas-lighting.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:13 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The woman ending the relationship could be considered "creating drama". But it's not.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:20 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,584,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I don’t know about men but usually any woman I know who I’ve heard say they don’t want drama are the ones who always looks for it and have it in relationships lol
reat
I agree. They only want the drama THEY create though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships