Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2018, 08:31 AM

4 posts, read 2,860 times

Advertisements

at a time lol?

So Im at the park the other day with my kid, and a bunch of soccer moms are there complaining about their husbands. One particularly yakky one said "Men are horrible at multitasking".. I then proceeded to say " Studies have shown that all human beings overstate their ability to multitask, we really arent good at it". Ive heard other ladies say "My husband can do only one thing at a time".. So what gives? Isnt it better to do one thing at a time whenever possible, get it done properly and move onto the next thing?

Old 02-14-2018, 08:58 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,110,537 times
The corpus callosum, the network of tissues that links the logical and intuitive hemispheres of the brain, is much stronger in women than it is in men. That's why women are usually better at balancing things then men and, arguably, better at expressing their emotions.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:00 AM

4 posts, read 2,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
The corpus callosum, the network of tissues that links the logical and intuitive hemispheres of the brain, is much stronger in women than it is in men. That's why women are usually better at balancing things then men and, arguably, better at expressing their emotions.

If women are better multitaskers and more logical then men, why do most women prefer working for male bosses instead of other females? Logic and intuition are two critical components of leadership!

Old 02-14-2018, 09:01 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,585,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
Perhaps that's why some people admire the silence of men, and some women just keep wondering what is in the mind of the men they love.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:07 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,110,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Perhaps that's why some people admire the silence of men, and some women just keep wondering what is in the mind of the men they love.
In some cases, they're better off not knowing.

FRIEND: You're very quiet. What are you thinking about?

ME: I'm trying to remember how many Jon Pertwee Doctor Who episodes had The Master in them, but I keep forgetting one. Oh! The Daemons from 1971. That makes eight.

FRIEND: Hmmm...

ME: I could have told you it wasn't good.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:10 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,426,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyloncinnamon View Post
If women are better multitaskers and more logical then men, why do most women prefer working for male bosses instead of other females? Logic and intuition are two critical components of leadership!
You're really over-generalizing the results from physiological studies to stuff at practically a sociological level - research doesn't work that way but if you want to spin a wild yarn jumping from simple brain physiology to who likes to work with who, go to it.
--But first, DO most women prefer to work for men?
--Then, HAVE logic and intuition been shown to be critical to leadership and to what degree?
--Once you've shown all that, do women prefer to work for men SOLELY because of "logic" and "intuition" or --for some other aspect of their leadership style
...or does it depend on the type of organization or
the industry perhaps?

Old 02-14-2018, 09:18 AM

44,386 posts, read 20,111,153 times
Off-topic for Relationships forum. Thread cleaned up of inappropriate posts and closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.