Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 03:50 PM

12 posts, read 41,831 times

Advertisements

so i just met a guy and we've been out a few times - hikes, lunch, etc. but so far no kiss. i'm interested in him, but don't know if he sees me as friend potential or date potential. so should i just go for it and kiss him, or wait and just see what happens while i get very annoyed by not knowing how he feels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 04:03 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,014,271 times
I would feel him out and see if he is looking at you as a date potential.. I am thinking that he probably has feelings for you of some sort (otherwise he would not go out with you, I could be wrong). But to be blunt and sometimes it is nice to be blunt.. make the move on him.. but before you do.. what if it isnt what he wants... you may do something with the relationship.. and it will have changed..

Old 03-20-2008, 04:07 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,608,027 times
Hmmmm, could be that the guy is like I was in my early years and afraid to risk a friendship he enjoys on the chance you may not like him as much as he likes you. He could also just be trying to be very respectful of you or inexperienced enough to not recognize the 'subtle' signals girls think are so obvious.

I'd say don't get too pushy or you might actually scare him, but definitely get personal enough for him to realize that your feelings are much more than chummy.

Pehaps you can just tell him that he is really nice and you are wondering if his feelings are growing like yours are, and if he doesnt try to back off or let you down easy you can progress to the kiss.

For a shy guy the unannounce kiss could come as a pleasant shock but he might not react as you would expect out of bashfulness or simply surprise. Once that moment is past, he may feel he could have offended you and be afraid to make a move out of his confusion.

Go slow, but deliberately and make things clear enough that he wont be ambivilent.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:31 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
How old are the two of you? He sounds like my boyfriend, a quality kind of guy that is also a gentleman. Well on the plus side, he enjoys your company and he's not out for just sex. And being your friend, he also respects you. I'd also advise taking this situation slowly, building up the friendship more before making a move on him. With a guy like this, you really want to be sure that you want him for a boyfriend. Don't just kiss him because you are only curious as to his intentions. So really make sure that is is boyfriend material for you before you take it to the next level, so you don't break his heart.

When I was getting to know my boyfriend as a platonic friend, I knew that I liked him a lot and cared for him a friend. And we were best friends to each other before carefully becoming a couple. And as his best friend, I didn't want to hurt him by trying a fling with him. I also didn't want to spoil a great friendship. Great friendships are rarer and more precious than romances imo.

Otherwise, having a close male friend is a good thing. And my best relationships were ones that had a solid foundation of friendship.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:32 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
He's having the exact same thoughts as you are. I say give him a kiss!

Old 03-20-2008, 04:35 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Just go for it and give him a kiss. Rance is right, he probably feels the same way about you.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Ya know, I was watching the Bachelor last night (I Tivo'd it.) and saw this Stacy gal attempt to put a pair of panties in the bachelor's pocket. You might want to give this trick a whirl and see what happens!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:11 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,444,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Ya know, I was watching the Bachelor last night (I Tivo'd it.) and saw this Stacy gal attempt to put a pair of panties in the bachelor's pocket. You might want to give this trick a whirl and see what happens!
NAW!!! I dissagree. May send the message she is easy.

Set up a date that has oppertunities for closeness, then go for the kiss. Something that feels natural to the both of you.

View from a mountain top or such....

Old 03-20-2008, 09:12 PM

739 posts, read 2,187,522 times
If one of you doesn't make the first move it isn't going anywhere.

If you dig him, let him know. If you think of him as just a buddy that's cool too. But it sounds like you want the kiss without the risk. Pucker up and plant one.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,925,879 times
Do you have a mutual friend who can find out what he really thinks about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships