Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:42 AM

29,783 posts, read 34,555,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
Women are messaged by 1000's of thirsty guys on dating and social media. You have to be an elite level slayer to get anywhere. Social media has inflated egos to the point of 2/10 thunder beasts who think they "deserve" a 10/10 aesthetic male.
So if a "beast" is getting responses from 1000s of men on a dating site, it's wrong for her to pick the best candidates for her and ignore the rest? Isn't that how the whole thing is supposed to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 10:45 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,816,338 times
Quote:
Women are messaged by 1000's of thirsty guys on dating and social media. You have to be an elite level slayer to get anywhere. Social media has inflated egos to the point of 2/10 thunder beasts who think they "deserve" a 10/10 aesthetic male.
It was a lot different back in the 90's yeah the internet is just a mass amount of thirsty guys messaging women all over the place now.

If you're not in a sausagefest area like me and are good at meeting and talking to women in RL...you can crush it because online is like becoming the only way men know how to talk to women or something.

One of my recent PoF tests in the age 30-40 bracket gave me 260 hits for the man, but over 700 hits for a woman searching for the same thing.

Now let's say out of those 260 hits you message your top 30 favorites. Doesn't matter, your top 30 is also the top 30 of 1,000 other guys so they're getting bombarded with messages.

If you're a guy I only use and recommend the OLD sites that aren't free and have some sort of a controlled system.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:00 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,774,951 times
Quote:
See now this is a perfect example of why men who can score a lot of women are considered studs, while women who score a lot of men are...not.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:03 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,941,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
are you sure you are swiping into the right direction?

Put up a different pic and try again?

Something doesn't sound right.
Sounds like he's taking a wrong turn every time

Old 08-04-2017, 11:04 AM

148 posts, read 103,487 times
Quote:
Not true. Sure lots of women in there are looking for attention or mr perfect, but you just screen them out. If she has 1000+ instagram photos she gets nexted. If she is obease or has kids, she gets nexted. Model photos, next! Swiping right on every single woman is stupid.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
See now this is a perfect example of why men who can score a lot of women are considered studs, while women who score a lot of men are...not.
So what? Women are viewed as innocent and pure while men are viewed as predatory and flawed. WHO CARES? Men are supposed to be the aggressor and women are supposed to be passive and cautious. It's just how society expects them to act. Double standards mean nothing. No body knows for sure how many people a man or woman has been with anyway. All women say 3-5 lifetime total anyway and we know that likely isn't ever true.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So if a "beast" is getting responses from 1000s of men on a dating site, it's wrong for her to pick the best candidates for her and ignore the rest? Isn't that how the whole thing is supposed to work?
No it's not wrong. She can't have sex with all 1000 of them. This is why for men it's a numbers game. It might take 20 or 50 rejections before you get have success. To me those odds make it worth trying. For some men, it's not and they give up easy. Better odds for me!

Old 08-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I heard having two crappy pics, using five words or less to describe yourself, and sending off-the-wall weird/crappy messages works well online.
That's yours truely and it works great. How many women have you pulled from online? None? Okay then.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:27 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,816,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18436572 View Post
Not true. Sure lots of women in there are looking for attention or mr perfect, but you just screen them out. If she has 1000+ instagram photos she gets nexted. If she is obease or has kids, she gets nexted. Model photos, next! Swiping right on every single woman is stupid.
This is what almost every guy does, skip the Miss America eligible model photo profiles. The initial issue is the same you have 1,000 guys messaging the same 50 women. It's not the type of woman they're messaging it's that there's a mass amount of men all messaging or swiping the same women.

The only way to start to fix that would be a controlled M:F ratio. In my PoF test looking at 260 hits vs over 700+ hits. The man is in deep trouble and already in the hole the second he creates his profile.

The sites are not designed to "work" the business model is to get as many men to sign up as possible and milk them for cash.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 08-04-2017 at 11:39 AM..

Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
This is what every guy does most guys skip the Miss America eligible model photo profiles. The initial issue is the same you have 1,000 guys messaging the same 50 women. It's not the type of woman they're messaging it's that there's a mass amount of men all messaging or swiping the same women.

The only way to start to fix that would be a controlled M:F ratio. In my PoF test looking at 260 hits vs over 700+ hits. The man is in deep trouble and already in the hole the second he creates his profile.
No you're wrong. Just because a fat woman gets matches doesn't mean anything. Look how many of them have an angry bio saying something like "if you arent going to message me don't bother swiping right!". As if they are incapable of initiating contact thenselves. I get matches every day and I only swipe on the attractive ones with no kids. I am no "chad" either. Try experimenting for yourself and see what works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships