Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 06:30 PM

33 posts, read 41,313 times

Advertisements

I'm 22 and he's 28. Dating 14 months.

My boyfriend and I usually hangout every Saturday and most Sundays because we have weird schedules during the week. This weekend he went to NY with his Dad so I didn't see him. I texted him just now and asked if he wanted me to come by tonight when he gets back to hangout and he said "it doesn't matter."

Now, if I lived down the block I could see it not being a big deal if I swung by for a little and left but I'm like a 45 min drive away. So if he doesn't care if I stop by or not then I'm not going to drive all the way there. Is that irrational? I told him that and then he called me insecure and that I was "starting a thing" whatever that means.
He's the one in the relationship that usually needs more space so I don't want to overstep my boundaries. I just want him to be more explicit. He's never been vague before so I don't know what to think. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 06:51 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Skip the hangout today. See how things go next weekend, and if the tone of his texts during the week has changed compared to before.

IDK whether to think he was distracted by the events of his weekend, or if something else is going on, but accusing you of being insecure and of starting something is rude, and doesn't sound like he's into you. Has there ever been anything like this before? Anyway, after you respond that you'll pass on hanging out this evening because it's a long drive, leave the ball in his court to make the next contact.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Dump his butt. If he doesn't want you go get a real man.He's lucky to have you.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:02 PM

45,327 posts, read 60,500,026 times
He may have been so pissed about something with his family he didn't want company.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:07 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
It's hard to say. It could be that something happened this weekend that was really distracting for him, and it has nothing to do with you. I'd give him a bit of space now and see how next weekend goes (assuming you have plans or would normally make plans).

Old 11-20-2016, 07:10 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
If hes saying youre insecure about that....what else will he claim youre insecure about....DUMP HIM

Old 11-20-2016, 09:46 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
He may have been so pissed about something with his family he didn't want company.
Yeah this. Sometimes family can infuriate to the point of deadly seething silence.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:21 PM

352 posts, read 233,981 times
Due to the fact that you've had a year plus with this guy and assuming it's been going OK in spite of his space (which, is not unusual or a red flag by itself)........I would give him a lot of space. Like, full ignore for a couple days.

He may have had some type of rough weekend and is simply burned out. However, when or if you guys resume , make sure it's on your terms and clear up any misconceptions you both have.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:31 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,614 times
You didn't provide enough information to help you.

Is this an isolated incident or does this kind of thing happen a lot? If it happens a lot then dump him.

But if this is the first time it happened - or - if you're aware of him having issues with his dad and he just came back from being with his dad all weekend in a really bad mood, then give the guy a break and don't jump to conclusions about him if it is about his dad and has nothing to do with you.

So, which one of those options is it?

Old 11-21-2016, 03:02 AM

914 posts, read 737,351 times
If he was on a trip this weekend, I can understand why he may want a bit of time to himself Sunday evening. He could have been a bit friendlier with his response - then again, we don't know what else was said during the conversation, the tone of your messages nor do we know much else about your relationship in general. Do you guys argue a lot? Does he seem to be pushing you away or was this just a one off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships