Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 10:37 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Theoretically it's to honor the contributions of laborers, unions, working people, etc. Some communities have parades and events, but most people just have the day off and eat hot dogs, maybe go swimming, etc.
Ohhh I see LOL

Well last week here was the Notting hill carnival ... In London that's what it's known as
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 03:27 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
You know how sometimes someone will do something so silly and dumb or whatever it may be and you are embarrassed for them. That embarrassment for another person is sort of a weird thing, especially when the person themselves has no idea that they should be embarrassed. LOL.

It's these nitwits that post things that they read from Manosphere or MGTOW websites. These guys say and do things that I literally cringe with embarrassment for them. Take for example talking about a woman's "value" and they start to assign ages to things, for example how a woman has lost her power in the "market" when she is 30.

I'm embarrassed just typing that here, let alone actually going around like some kind of emotionally/mentally stunted parrot vomiting out this kind of silliness.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:50 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
SMV? Sexual market value...Hit The Wall?
What a man speaketh so he is. You will know them by their words.
(They're always ignorant enough to give themselves away)
Then they ask: What is MGTOW? What is Red Pill? What is the Men's Rights Movement?
When you call them out.
Silly boys.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:11 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You know how sometimes someone will do something so silly and dumb or whatever it may be and you are embarrassed for them. That embarrassment for another person is sort of a weird thing, especially when the person themselves has no idea that they should be embarrassed. LOL.

It's these nitwits that post things that they read from Manosphere or MGTOW websites. These guys say and do things that I literally cringe with embarrassment for them. Take for example talking about a woman's "value" and they start to assign ages to things, for example how a woman has lost her power in the "market" when she is 30.

I'm embarrassed just typing that here, let alone actually going around like some kind of emotionally/mentally stunted parrot vomiting out this kind of silliness.
It is all I can do to refrain from calling them sniveling little bed wetters.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:16 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Then they ask: What is MGTOW? What is Red Pill? What is the Men's Rights Movement?
When you call them out.
Silly boys.
Yeah, and it's especially telling when a new poster woman starts mentioning things like her "sexual market value" that make you go Sometimes you can't tell a person's gender by how they speak online, but other times I think "women don't talk like that or use those words."

Old 09-05-2016, 04:30 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Yeah, and it's especially telling when a new poster woman starts mentioning things like her "sexual market value" that make you go Sometimes you can't tell a person's gender by how they speak online, but other times I think "women don't talk like that or use those words."
It's the relationship they didn't have with their absentee father.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
When you call them out.
Silly boys.

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is all I can do to refrain from calling them sniveling little bed wetters.

I agree. I'm trying to not pick on the younger men, but IDK, seeing a lot of strange dysfunction with a lot of the younger posters here. I've mentioned this before but my job put me in the company of a lot of men that are younger and I just didn't see this BS in person, hopefully it's just an online thing or the squeaky wheel deal. I guess they could be hiding their views, but people tend to put their guards after a bit and you engage in the typical "water cooler" talk and can get a bead on people's views on some things. I just never saw the woman hate/fear thing like do here.

Quote:

Agreed. That other thread is probably a hoax cuz someone called out the use of the term "the wall" and it most certainly doesn't sound like something a woman would say about herself or other about other women in general. I foolishly took the OP on face value and tried to give some real advice. I hate wasting my time if someone is just clowning around. School does start soon, thankfully.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:41 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.

I agree. I'm trying to not pick on the younger men, but IDK, seeing a lot of strange dysfunction with a lot of the younger posters here. I've mentioned this before but my job put me in the company of a lot of men that are younger and I just didn't see this BS in person, hopefully it's just an online thing or the squeaky wheel deal. I guess they could be hiding their views, but people tend to put their guards after a bit and you engage in the typical "water cooler" talk and can get a bead on people's views on some things. I just never saw the woman hate/fear thing like do here.

Agreed. That other thread is probably a hoax cuz someone called out the use of the term "the wall" and it most certainly doesn't sound like something a woman would say about herself or other about other women in general. I foolishly took the OP on face value and tried to give some real advice. I hate wasting my time if someone is just clowning around. School does start soon, thankfully.
Around here it becomes a gathering point for the miserable and hardly reflective of the whole. Also, along those same lines I also believe them to be the same recycled miserable. They post their tales of woe and so fort get banned for trolling or multiple usernames rinse and repeat.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Around here it becomes a gathering point for the miserable and hardly reflective of the whole. Also, along those same lines I also believe them to be the same recycled miserable. They post their tales of woe and so fort get banned for trolling or multiple usernames rinse and repeat.
I agree about the recycling, lots of that going on for sure. Finally got rid of our buddy, I don't think he's been back for awhile now, he must have had about 5 or 6 different screennames with all of the coming back he did. He usually gave himself away with posting vids and all the macho chest thumping he couldn't resist doing. LOL

Old 09-05-2016, 04:48 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
But it's odd, though. If you think relationships are a trap and you want to be single forever, that's fine, then why hang out on a romantic relationship board and act all butthurt (as the kids say) when people don't agree with you and challenge your assumptions? It's a weird kind of internet masochism.

I don't think they're changing any hearts and minds. Nobody who has had a girlfriend or sex is reading their posts thinking, "you know, they're right. Women are greedy and terrible life ruiners. Thanks for the heads up."

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 09-05-2016 at 04:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships