Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 09:41 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yes, I was on the edge of my seat during both of those.
But it still begs the question...did the cops kill Theresa or did they come upon her body and say let's frame Avery and let a murderer go???i'm sorry just not buying it...but the injustice that was done to his nephew was criminal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 09:48 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
But it still begs the question...did the cops kill Theresa or did they come upon her body and say let's frame Avery and let a murderer go???i'm sorry just not buying it...but the injustice that was done to his nephew was criminal...
Those men that questioned the kid should be ashamed of themselves, especially the guy that was working for his own attorney. Completely should be ashamed of themselves. To take advantage of a mentally dull kid like him and spoon feed him what they wanted him to say. I was sickened to my core and wanted to reach through the screen and just strangle that private investigator. You talk about karma being B, I hope that man gets his......

Old 08-27-2016, 10:51 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Those men that questioned the kid should be ashamed of themselves, especially the guy that was working for his own attorney. Completely should be ashamed of themselves. To take advantage of a mentally dull kid like him and spoon feed him what they wanted him to say. I was sickened to my core and wanted to reach through the screen and just strangle that private investigator. You talk about karma being B, I hope that man gets his......
Absolutely...but does that make Steven Avery innocent? They are two separate issues...do you believe Theresa was randomly killed and the cops decided to pin it on Avery? Or they deliberately killed her to pin it on Avery??? It has to be one or the other...the rest is just background noise to distract you from the truth... If the documentary was about Brandon and how he was railroaded....agreed 110%....but Avery is benefiting from his nephew's injustice....

Old 08-27-2016, 11:33 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Does anyone have any experience using Rosetta Stone or Fluenz??? I'm thinking of trying to learn Spanish.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:28 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Does anyone have any experience using Rosetta Stone or Fluenz??? I'm thinking of trying to learn Spanish.
I wish I could afford Rosetta Stome. I wish I would have paid attention in Spanish class. Now, if someone claims "no habla ingles" I usually announce that the guy in the brown shoes is going to jail. That breaks the langue barrier.

Now, if the person is making a good attempt, google translate is used.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:06 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The best accidental gunshot scene was in Boondock Saints. Where Rocco hits the cat. It was so ridiculous. The next line was epic.

"Is he dead?"
I loved Boondock Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Agreed, the gore and language engages me though, it seems like it takes more and more to keep me interested for that long! Scary movies aren't scary anymore either, I used to like those. I'm working my way through the documentaries on Netflix based on real life serial killers and the insane: Carl Panzram, The Galapagos Affair, Eileen (wuornos), and yes laugh inappropriately!

Is this something for a therapist to hear?
I think it is entirely normal to find humor inappropriately in dark subject matter - it helps cut the morosity. Some of the best laughs I've experienced have been reading Stephen King novels. If it's therapy worthy, maybe we can ask for a two-for-one special.

Quote:
Did you see that Steven Avery 10 episode deal. Man, it was compelling, that man needs to be set free, I fully believe he didn't do the crime. He's not the brightest bulb going, actually he's one notch above being a legal moron, but I certainly don't think he did what he's in jail for.

We're on a thriller/horror film jag lately. Watched just about everything Netflix has on their streaming that was above a 2 star rating. I don't get into slasher flicks, I find them silly, but to each their own.
We binge watched Making of a Murderer a while back. It was very well done, gripping, shocking. As others have mentioned, I'm not 100% convinced Avery didn't do it, but there are definitely doubts based on the town's systemic ostracism of their entire family. Way complicated situation, and I too am glad the nephew is being released. He was so hosed in that situation, the players in his conviction should be tried and convicted themselves for miscarriage of justice at the very least.

Quote:
Yes, I was on the edge of my seat during both of those.
Ditto for us, on the Avery one, but we haven't seen the 13 thing so I'm glad to hear about it as we were searching Netflix to add to the queue but had a hard time finding anything. 90% of what we saw was crap, the few good titles we saw we've already watched.

By the way, you might enjoy the new series Stranger Things. Matthew Modine and Winona Ryder play in this. It's not so much a slasher type thing, it has flavors of X-Files, Goonies, Close Encounters, and many others, all wrapped in a series based in the 80s. They actually refer to MKUltra throughout the series. We got sucked in and ended up finishing the whole series over two days.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:34 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
By the way, you might enjoy the new series Stranger Things. Matthew Modine and Winona Ryder play in this. It's not so much a slasher type thing, it has flavors of X-Files, Goonies, Close Encounters, and many others, all wrapped in a series based in the 80s. They actually refer to MKUltra throughout the series. We got sucked in and ended up finishing the whole series over two days.
We've already watched Stranger Things. Yeah, there were so many odes to previous works. When we started watching it, right off the bat, I said, "Stand By Me." But there are so many references, you can't even keep track.

I enjoyed seeing Matthew Modine in it. A while back, we were reminiscing about the movie "Vision Quest" that he made in the '80s, and we were wondering if it still held up to our memories of how good it was. So we rented it, and it did.

Definitely watch The Fear of 13, DontH8.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 08-28-2016 at 11:47 PM..

Old 08-29-2016, 05:48 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Sad that Gene Wilder passed away today.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:50 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Sad that Gene Wilder passed away today.
I know.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:12 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:
I know.
Alzheimers is a **** of a disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships