Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2019, 05:39 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sonic-who are you seeing and where?
Abney Park at Herman's Hideaway.

They are playing in Colorado Springs at the Black Sheep on Sunday night, I plan to be there, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 10:33 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
A good friend is going to see Missing Persons this weekend - she tried to pull me in but I heard Dale Bozzio singing within the last ten years and it was rough. I'd go see the Gipsy Kings live but the tickets were so expensive the last time they were in town.

I had another friend in high school who went to every alternative/underground/new wave concert, and she would lift something from the band every chance she got. She came home with a silk shirt owned by one of the twins after a Gene Loves Jezebel concert and I always marveled at her brazenness.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:06 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Intriguing: New Guy poster gets mad and tries to insult me by saying: “I bet you sleep alone! Your profile is private too!”

How could I possibly find Sleeping Alone to be an embarrassment when I slept with the wrong guy for so many years? My profile is set to private so weirdos don’t look at my pictures or messages and chime in...oh no, I’ve been caught!

Talk about revealing oneself. If sleeping alone is causing someone a lot of pain, they accuse you of that and think it will have some kind of impact. Funny how people can’t see themselves and just blurt out all their secrets.

Old 12-13-2019, 05:49 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
A good friend is going to see Missing Persons this weekend - she tried to pull me in but I heard Dale Bozzio singing within the last ten years and it was rough. I'd go see the Gipsy Kings live but the tickets were so expensive the last time they were in town.

I had another friend in high school who went to every alternative/underground/new wave concert, and she would lift something from the band every chance she got. She came home with a silk shirt owned by one of the twins after a Gene Loves Jezebel concert and I always marveled at her brazenness.

Ha, a puts grabbing a set list to shame.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:48 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Intriguing: New Guy poster gets mad and tries to insult me by saying: “I bet you sleep alone! Your profile is private too!”

How could I possibly find Sleeping Alone to be an embarrassment when I slept with the wrong guy for so many years? My profile is set to private so weirdos don’t look at my pictures or messages and chime in...oh no, I’ve been caught!

Talk about revealing oneself. If sleeping alone is causing someone a lot of pain, they accuse you of that and think it will have some kind of impact. Funny how people can’t see themselves and just blurt out all their secrets.
I love the ones who are all, "enjoy being alone with your cats," as if the prospect of being with a crabby, entitled dude is so much better than doing what you want and having a furry pet.

Old 12-13-2019, 09:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I love the ones who are all, "enjoy being alone with your cats," as if the prospect of being with a crabby, entitled dude is so much better than doing what you want and having a furry pet.

Ha, I'll take a loving pet over a crappy relationship any day, if I have to choose one or the other.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:40 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Dogs are great traveling companions. They are happy to sit in the right seat and watch the world go by.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:12 AM

22,349 posts, read 29,457,534 times
I love my cat!!!

Old 12-14-2019, 01:36 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ha, I'll take a loving pet over a crappy relationship any day, if I have to choose one or the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Dogs are great traveling companions. They are happy to sit in the right seat and watch the world go by.
My dog, who died in August, would do the head out the window stuff until we got on the highway and settled into a steady, continuous role. Then he'd lay his head on my right leg and let out a sigh and melt into this peaceful, contented sleep. After a minute of stillness I'd put mt palm on his head and let it drift over his neck and come to rest on his right shoulder, and we'd ride like that, together, until our exit.

Sometimes now when I'm by myself in the car I remember him lying there so close and me soaking in the wisdom he conveyed with those sighs, and my hand reflexively passes over the parking break and past the opposite seat belt buckle and I pat the passenger's side seat, and I smile. On a really good day I sigh.

TLDR; A loving pet is a relationship.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:34 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Our beloved four-legged pals pass on much too soon. It hurts us so much. They are all enjoying the warmth of the sun, running & playing together, with much good food to eat & cool fresh water to drink, by "Rainbow Bridge". They will all be waiting for us patiently...

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships