Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 02:20 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,326,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I fainted at a concert last night. One second I was thinking "it's kinda stuffy in here" and the next thing I know I'm on the floor with people asking me if I'm okay. I guess I'm okay--I have a lump on my head and a nice feeling of embarrassment. D'oh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Me too! Hit my head on the meeting table at work. I went to the Urgent Care and found out I have no potassium-- better get that checked out!
I hope you're OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I was having a drug and alcohol test at work... So I drank lots and lots of water so I could go when the nurse turned up ( if you can't or won't go they will fail you as its " suspicious " ). But she didn't turn up until 2 hours later..... And I woke up in an ambulance all groggy and confused.
I didn't know they did drug/alcohol tests in Europe. I read somewhere Europeans see that as intrusive.

I hope you're OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I managed to knock myself cold in an accident at the airport in California for work a few months back. Orbital fracture and everything. The resulting shiner was something to behold. I tripped over one of my two giant suitcase's strap and fell flat on my face onto the polished stone floor. When I woke up, the medic wanted to take me to the hospital, but I declined. I was only out for thirty seconds or so.

Yikes! I hope you recuperated 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 02:52 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I hope you're OK.

I didn't know they did drug/alcohol tests in Europe. I read somewhere Europeans see that as intrusive.

I hope you're OK.

Yikes! I hope you recuperated 100%.
I'm great thank you george thanks for asking

How are you?

Yes it's not really protocol but on certain jobs ( mainly government ) it's done.... It is intrusive in my opinion as what someone does in their own time is their own affair mate.

Plus it only shows if something is in your system and doesn't mean you are under the influence... So basically means nothing in truth.

I can understand the logic of course mate and especially being in construction.... One wrong move and you are someone else is dead

Old 09-25-2016, 02:55 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Just saw something on MSN about a man being punched in the face and falling down on the concrete and banging his head and ended up being taken off of life support and died. This happened in the UK and apparently he was polish and the group of guys that assaulted him were saying anti-Polish slurs.

Awful stuff. Feel bad for the guy's family. Ignorant disgusting behavior, makes me sick.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Just saw something on MSN about a man being punched in the face and falling down on the concrete and banging his head and ended up being taken off of life support and died. This happened in the UK and apparently he was polish and the group of guys that assaulted him were saying anti-Polish slurs.

Awful stuff. Feel bad for the guy's family. Ignorant disgusting behavior, makes me sick.
Yeah that's awful

Old 09-25-2016, 03:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Earlier this week spent some time tooling around in a side by side off road vehicle. Fun, but I want a Jeep Wrangler.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:46 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
A wrangler would be some fun. We don't have much here in the way of open land and that would be hilly and fun to test out the 4x4 functionality though.

I remember being a kid way back in the day and some guys I knew that were much older than me and we went hill climbing in a 4x4 and it was fun as hell, we about flipped the Bronco a couple of times, nothing like the thrill of grave injury or death to get the ol' blood pumping.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:49 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I really just wanted to stay on my laptop and watch videos.

To make it worse I had to deal with her and her classmate trying to put me off on her son....even when I'm at home I get dragged into stuff. Even when I'm at home, I'm not safe.
lol

~~~

What is it with all of you fainting and/or knocking yourselves unconscious? Be careful out there.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A wrangler would be some fun. We don't have much here in the way of open land and that would be hilly and fun to test out the 4x4 functionality though.

I remember being a kid way back in the day and some guys I knew that were much older than me and we went hill climbing in a 4x4 and it was fun as hell, we about flipped the Bronco a couple of times, nothing like the thrill of grave injury or death to get the ol' blood pumping.
Welcome to my world.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:06 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Yeah, well, I had blood-pumping excitement today, too. I took shelves out of the basement and put them in my garage. Yep. I live. Right. On. The. Edge.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:09 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Just a funny story:

Last night, my mom went to a party and told my she would be back by 8. 10 pm rolls around and she calls me saying some people from the party are gonna come pick me up so I can drive her home in her car.

Tell me how on earth do you become the DD when you aren't even AT the party? ������
One of the people from the party who were coming to pick you up, could have driven your Mom's car home for her.....

Years ago a local cab company in California, would send an extra driver on a call, to drive the car home, when the client was drinking & couldn't drive safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships