Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 03:32 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,184,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
This might get deleted but I couldn't resist...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 03:35 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,287,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Lol +1000 carbon country living

I think part of why I have never been in a relationship is just personality. Women usually say I'm nice abd they will want to be friends but it never goes farther. But I agree, personality is who you are, if somebody wants yours to change then they don't want to be with you anyway.
Exactly.

It's one thing to counsel people to be more assertive, or to lose weight and take better care of oneself. But you can't change your core. What the OP has going on is what makes her unique, and if it turns a guy off, why would she want to be with him?

I once dated a guy who was less than forthcoming about his political viewpoints. Some people are able to accept differences in political opinions with their mates, but when it comes to certain beliefs I just can't. The more his beliefs started to come out, the more our relationship soured. It just wasn't worth it for him to hide who he was, because his core beliefs made us a bad match.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:47 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,790,885 times
Yeah but... a yoga candle?

Old 09-19-2014, 03:48 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,177,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Okay, angle one: you're my date, would that put you off?
Absolutely not.

Quote:
Angle two: you're me. Would you hide such abilities, such "tastes", from your date so not to scare them off?
No. Be honest about who you are - after all, you wouldn't want your date presenting a façade.

Quote:
Angle three: You are my date, I hid such abilities from you, and down the line, you find out I actually shoot like that. Would you be put off?
I would be put off that you weren't forthcoming with me. I would not be put off by your shooting ability, rather, I'd ask you to share your marks(wo)manship training with me.

Quote:
Curious question. It came up, sort of, in a psychology class one time.

The Prof: "You want to kill someone. Do you strangle them, knock them over the head from behind, or shoot them from a distance?"
Why accept only the three methods offered by the professor?

Last edited by Slowpoke_TX; 09-19-2014 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: punctuation error

Old 09-19-2014, 03:53 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,264,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
This might get deleted but I couldn't resist...

Old 09-19-2014, 03:56 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,177,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Good to hear from some fellow vets, ptsd is a real issue but most of those who were so quick to claim Savannah suffered from mental illness were just people who didn't know what they were talking about.
For the sake of transparency, and out of respect for those who are serving/have served in the military, let me state for the record that I am not, nor have I ever been, in the military. My tactical training has been in a law enforcement environment.

While I realize there are some differences, I do understand hypervigilance from firsthand experience.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:04 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,245,116 times
I think this Tamara should write a book about the experience she is going through right now. I'm being serious. It would be a unique and interesting autobiography.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:09 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,184,696 times
I don't find Tamara's journal writing, weapons skill, or penchant for security a turn-off. I find her unfocused writing to be off-the-wall.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:29 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,449,579 times
I'd get up, walk to the nearest exit and never look back and never have any contact again.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:49 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,581,929 times
I would be intrigued and hopefully entertained by their extensive collection of Bond flicks. Always watchful for the slightest sign of danger, I would be comfortable knowing I could rely on my carefully honed skills developed during previous encounters with my houseboy, Kato.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships