Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Social Experiment. Vote before you look
For women. I pick A 6 9.09%
For women. I pick B 14 21.21%
For women I pick C 6 9.09%
For men. I pick A 4 6.06%
For men I pick B 21 31.82%
For men I pick C 15 22.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,087,173 times

Advertisements

Please try voting before looking at the posts below or taking a peak at how the poll is doing as this might influence your first and true choice. Be honest with yourself, don't take the political correct choice.

This is just a social experiment nothing more

Say you are 30 living in a average American city with that has an average cost of living. You have an average job and earn average income. You can think of the job and lifestyle of your choosing, after all its your choice and you get to choose the partners that you want to be with. You are of average height, of average built, and of average attractiveness

All three are nice and have easy going to personality that is compatible with yours...

The "For women I Pick..." is where women will vote abd "For men I Pick "" is where men will vote

Which partner would you choose. All three will be faithful, be great fathers, and care for you.

A. A corporate accountant that makes 100,000+$ a year. He has a big house and has luxury cars. He is of below average height and is just a tad slightly over weight. He is a nice guy with ok social skills. A bit timid and boring at times.

B. A construction skilled trade Electrician/Carpenter thatmakes 50,000+$ a year. He has a decent house and drives pick up trucks. He is in good physical shape and is slightly above average height. He is a "manly" guy that has average social skills.

C. A fitness and dance instructor that makes 30,000,$ He lives in a apartment and has an average car. He is 6"2 and is lean and muscular. He is very outgoing and fun to be with.

All three have the same level of attractiveness.

If you are a gay you can vote too.

For men

A. A corporate manager that makes 100,000$ a year. She is slightly overweight. She is a really nice person. A bit timid at times. Has a big house and drives a luxury car. Is of below height. Can be boring at times.

B. A middle school teacher that makes 50,000$ a year. She is in good physical shape and is of average height. She She is a down to earth person and easy to get along with. She has a decent house and has a nice car

C. A yoga and fitness instructor that makes 30,000$ a year. She is of above average height and is lean and firm. She is very outgoing and fun to be around with. She drives an average car and has a small house

Last edited by Almeida93; 08-17-2014 at 06:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 05:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,491,831 times
I see no poll. lol

Old 08-17-2014, 05:52 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,884,767 times
B and C are tied for first place in my book.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,491,831 times
^^ Same here.

"A" isn't rejected because of the height or weight. It's the boring.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:06 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
I'd tend towards C. Boring (A) is out. "Average" social skills? (B) Maybe, but it depends on the rest of his personality and intelligence. Outgoing and fun is pretty irresistible for women. Hence, "C", in the absence of further detail about any of them.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:07 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,187,880 times
You say they are all the same attractiveness and then you say one is overweight and one is lean and muscular?

Old 08-17-2014, 06:08 PM

29,803 posts, read 34,621,783 times
I don't understand the poll--when you say "for women, I pick..." does that mean to choose that option if you are a woman or if you are picking a woman?

All I can say is that C is definitely out. An extroverted fitness instructor would be my nightmare.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-17-2014 at 06:23 PM..

Old 08-17-2014, 06:09 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,399,669 times
None of the above if I *had* to choose from those options. How does one define "boring"? What little details listed doesn't tell me if we're compatible or have shared interests and worldviews.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:15 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,399,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
You say they are all the same attractiveness and then you say one is overweight and one is lean and muscular?
Yep. Which imply a value judgment of their attractiveness.

I don't mesh well with super outgoing/extroverted people, so "C" is most likely a no. And I'm not a pickup truck kind of woman, and the vision I get is a Midwestern or Southern guy with his "manly man" personality. Not my thing.

So... that leaves "A" who I may have things in common with. He'd be educated, and the "timid" part may imply he's introverted. But "boring" is a negative value judgment, and is quite subjective. Boring in what way, exactly? Is he a complete fun sponge? Is he only absorbed in his work, doesn't have any interests or hobbies, isn't part of a large social group? Or, is he introverted? He likes to relax, read, is more of a homebody, writes, draws, has a small group of friends, prefers small gatherings, is more introspective and cerebral? All of which can seem boring to others, especially really extroverted types who need to "do" things, and be "on" all the time. If "A" is, say, 5'8" or 5'9" he'd likely be my pick if I were being set up with someone and these were my options. Switch out the incomes between "A" and "C" and the former would still pique my curiosity more so than the others.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:16 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,060,785 times
B. i don't care about what she makes, but being a middle school teacher involves some passion and love for kids. She will make an awesome mother to kids we might have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships