Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:54 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times

Advertisements

Who wants to know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 03:41 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,191 times
You DO have choices. Doing nothing for your marriage is a choice.

What will happen is that the two of you will hurt not only yourselves, but his wife and your husband and any children that are involved. It won't be pretty.

Once the fun has worn off - just like it has in your marriage - then what? You will be back to square one.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:16 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,896,145 times
If the fire is out of your marriage then put some elbow work in and recreate the fire. How would you feel if your husband cheated. How would you feel if you contracted some std from his cheating? How would you feel if someone made a fool out of you for being loyal?
I've got nothing else to say because this is wrong on both of your parts. Remember, if your affair is discovered not all parties wrong may just cry and get over it. People loose it when someone is cheating on them so be aware.

I have nothing else to say about this situation.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:22 PM

501 posts, read 1,050,871 times
I have never had an affair. However, if you are that unhappy in your marriage than you need to leave. You deserve happiness, your husband deserves happiness, and its unfair to your husband to expect his loyalty, and continuing devotion to your marriage when you are off getting it somewhere else. Why "can't" you change the situation?

Old 03-02-2014, 09:20 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,773,824 times
Marriage is a promise you made in front of everyone there. Is it a walk in the park? No. The fire went out? What the heck is the fire? That's bogus. You signed a contract. The end. No one cares how you feel. A commitment is a commitment.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,120 times
Chris Rock said in one of his stand up routines: "You always get caught".

You WILL get caught. Tinawina hit it right on the head. There will be one slip. Hell, you can be as careful as all hell and HE may slip - forget to delete a text, an email, something stupid. And it'll open the floodgates of an insecure or jealous wife who will ask a friend of hers how to snoop. Before you know it, you may wind up getting angry phone calls from her - what if your husband picks up the phone one day?

The internet is chock full of stories (go to surviving infidelity.com and read the horror stories in the just found out section) - how spouses tried to hide their affairs and got caught. Rarely see anything about how he or she is getting away with it.

Sure, you know the guy - or do you? How do you know he's not a serial cheater? He may be carrying and STD. Explain THAT one to your H.

I've worked with people that are in affairs. It always ends, and ends badly. Some get fired. You willing to risk that?

No one will know, right? Until that one time you're having dinner with him at your secret remote location
and suddenly someone you know sees you two together. Think those odds are high? Think again - its a smaller world than you think.

Sure, go ahead, have your affair. Just be prepared to own your ****.

No one you know boasts about their sex life after 10 years? Lady - after 27 years, the wife and I still have "fantasy night" and at least once a month find a hotel out of the area to get our freak on. I'll book the room, she picks the outfit. Sometimes she'll book the room and I'll pick the outfit. We work on it together. Sounds like something you and your H should do.

Could the W and I have gotten stale and fell into a rut? Yup - actually we did - but we saw it happening and decided to do something about it instead of finding another partner. We didn't take the easy way out and fell to desires with others - we worked hard on it to make it work.

You wanna ruin your life? Go ahead. I'm just telling you there are other options. If it worked for us, it can work for anyone.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:29 PM

11 posts, read 11,926 times
Thank you for the replies...To be clear. I am in a corporate attorney. Husband is an investment banker. On the outside, we have all the trappings and appearances of a happy, successful life and marriage.

I don't even want to think about the expense and bull**** a divorce would require. Also, as someone pointed out, how I am going to see my Mr. Right again. Without divulging too much info, he lives/works in Chicago and I have a client there. Do I really need face to face time? Probably not = Skype would suffice but I want to see this man. I want to feel the heat, the passion and dare I say I say it, the romance.

Someone pointed out, how can I man "sweep me off my feet" so quickly?' You know what - the flowers were a nice touch, the romance, being wined and dined without having to plan for it all. It's been nice just being appreciated as a WOMAN. It was really nice.

No, I don't have children. So that is not an issue. Do I love my husband? Of course I do, but at 40 I am realizing I am not DEAD. Hate me if you must, but understand, that LACK OF ATTENTION, LACK OF SEX!!!! has a consequence.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
No one cares how you feel.

Pretty sure that is part of the problem.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:42 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotItGoingOn View Post
Someone pointed out, how can I man "sweep me off my feet" so quickly?' You know what - the flowers were a nice touch, the romance, being wined and dined without having to plan for it all. It's been nice just being appreciated as a WOMAN. It was really nice.
The funny (and sad) thing is, he probably doesn't do those things for his wife. It's more exciting to do them for you because you're not his spouse.

Quote:
Do I love my husband? Of course I do, but at 40 I am realizing I am not DEAD.
Did you really think you were dead before?

Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotItGoingOn View Post
Thank you for the replies...To be clear. I am in a corporate attorney. Husband is an investment banker. On the outside, we have all the trappings and appearances of a happy, successful life and marriage.

I don't even want to think about the expense and bull**** a divorce would require. Also, as someone pointed out, how I am going to see my Mr. Right again. Without divulging too much info, he lives/works in Chicago and I have a client there. Do I really need face to face time? Probably not = Skype would suffice but I want to see this man. I want to feel the heat, the passion and dare I say I say it, the romance.

No, I don't have children. So that is not an issue. Do I love my husband? Of course I do, but at 40 I am realizing I am not DEAD. Hate me if you must, but understand, that LACK OF ATTENTION, LACK OF SEX!!!! has a consequence.
So all this passion and romance you desperately need aren't worth the expense and BS of a divorce?
You have no children so the only expense and BS are what you and your husband bring to the divorce table.
If you love your husband like you say you do then fix it or get a divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships