Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever dated a man that was more attractive then you?
Yes 14 66.67%
No 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 05:43 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times

Advertisements

I'm going to do a 2 part series on this(both genders) but I'm starting out with the women first. Simple question to any on CD, have you ever dated a man that was objectively speaking much more attractive than you are? And if so how did that make you feel in general? Were you intimidated, did you have a feeling he was out of your league? I ask this because some women who say they yes, have said they felt insecure alot of the time and had a feeling of "it's too good to be true". Like they were just waiting for the moment he got bored or something and never talked to her again.

For the record, it's not sex with a man who was more attractive than you, it's dating/Relationship. I'm interested in hearing responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 06:10 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
No, it'd take me days to recover.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:12 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
I made a typo with *then* on the poll and I can't change it

Old 12-06-2013, 06:12 AM

330 posts, read 545,061 times
Impossible.

He looked like a Greek God. Once I got to know him it wasn't too big of a deal. He had a down to earth personality. But, when he first approached me I was so busy questioning how somebody that handsome could exist, let alone be interested in me, that I couldn't think straight. I even stuttered.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:47 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
I voted no, but it's probably subjective. None of the men I've ever dated are what, in my mind's eye, reflects what a physically handsome man would be. I have this David Tennant look in my head when I think good looking. Most of the men I've dated are pretty much average in the looks department--then again, so am I (although, at the risk of sounding vain every guy I've dated pours on the the "you are so beautiful, I can't believe you are dating me," flattery. I am never sure if I should believe them or not because it's not like I have men knocking at my door. I think maybe they say it because they think I like to hear it--and it's true. I like it when a man calls me pretty). I should note that the longer I stay with a man, the better looking he seems to me. I can't explain why that is, but it is a quirk about me.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:19 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
I have dated men who were more attractive than me. No problem. It is all about one's own self esteem. I never felt that I didn't deserve a man because of his looks.
The most handsome man in the world looks like sh*t when he starts to treat me like I dont deserve to be treated.

On the other hand, a not so attractive man is really handsome to my eyes when he shows that he loves me and that I am important to him.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:21 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
More attractive? Not likely. Just as attractive, yes.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:25 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'm going to do a 2 part series on this(both genders) but I'm starting out with the women first. Simple question to any on CD, have you ever dated a man that was objectively speaking much more attractive than you are? And if so how did that make you feel in general? Were you intimidated, did you have a feeling he was out of your league? I ask this because some women who say they yes, have said they felt insecure alot of the time and had a feeling of "it's too good to be true". Like they were just waiting for the moment he got bored or something and never talked to her again.

For the record, it's not sex with a man who was more attractive than you, it's dating/Relationship. I'm interested in hearing responses.
That's why I usually only go for guys who are below my league. Most of the time, my friends say, I could do better.

I just got hit on by a fantastic looking guy, way above my league and I wondered why. It made me so suspicious, I couldn't enjoy his attention. Turns out, he is married. Of course. Ugh.

I was dating a very handsome, tall, half Native for a while. So him with 6'4" and me with almost 6', walking down the street, we got alot of attention. Loved it.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:39 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Yes, once in college. He was more attractive than 99.9999% of people out there. He was a professional male model and made a good career of it. He was tall, lean, with a beautiful chiseled face/cheekbones, full lips, gorgeous green eyes, thick hair. He did lots of print ads, including underwear.

I don't have an ounce of insecurity in me (am probably overly confident), so insecurity was never a problem. The biggest problem was that, while he was one of the most physically beautiful men on the planet, he didn't have much going on upstairs. It was hard to have an in-depth conversation with him. I am not stereotyping male models as dumb and shallow, but he certainly was.

For him, everything evolved around his looks (and not his brain)- constantly working out, tanning, obsessive healthy eating (regimented vitamins/shakes, etc.), regimented sleep schedule, constantly looking in the mirror, elaborate beauty regimes (e.g. body oils/masks, waxing, carrying a personal humidifier to every location so his skin could stay moist, etc.). I had never met a man who spent so much money/time on his looks, though the results were outstanding. Damn did he look good in pictures with me, and drew a lot of attention from my friends. I guess I was "proud" for a bit that I had snagged him (I was immature!).

I am pretty laid-back and free-spirited, so his lifestyle was not a good fit for me. It was also very hard for me to be with someone I could not converse with on a deeper level. I guess I objectified him in the beginning as I was happy just staring at him on my arm (I was immature!), but that couldn't sustain a relationship. I became bored with him after the initial effect of his looks faded. And although his body was perfect, intimacy wasn't good either.

For me, there has got to be a lot more than a visual. He taught me that I didn't want to prioritize too highly on looks.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:43 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,370,438 times
No.
Though it depends on how you quantify "attractiveness".
If you mean better looking face, I don't think so.
If you mean better-looking body (more "fit"), then yes,
because my ex-spouse was well-muscled and had very little body fat (was in better shape than I).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships