Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:29 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,967,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You're a woman?

I hope you at least wiped the chairs down after class.
Why do fonts here think I am a man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 08:31 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,713,846 times
Odd. I did it for a job.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:37 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,491,889 times
Those who finished college are not so likely to make broad, sweeping statements which have little basis for what is true.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:38 AM

175 posts, read 276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
What Katherine did is an unwritten rule in most European countries. That is, its expected that when a woman goes to college she comes home with a degree AS WELL AS a potential well to do HUSBAND. Basically you go to college for both. Why have Americans not figured this out yet?
No disrespect but that's pretty stupid. She never went to College to find a husband; she went there to study. That's why you go to College. If you find someone along the way, great, but the main reason is to get a better education.

In any case going anywhere to find a "husband" is a pretty bad idea.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 AM

102,380 posts, read 108,679,282 times
Quote:
What Katherine did is an unwritten rule in most European countries. That is, its expected that when a woman goes to college she comes home with a degree AS WELL AS a potential well to do HUSBAND. Basically you go to college for both. Why have Americans not figured this out yet?
That used to be the custom in the US, but going to college for your MRS. degree was discredited sometime around the 70's or 80's, when career opportunities opened up for women. A lot of men resented being thought of as potential cash cows for women to live off of, and the new expectation was that women would have careers. Europe is behind the times IF it's true that college is still thought of as a marriage mill there. I'm not sure that's still true in Western Europe.

People are tending to get married later now than before, anyway. The early-to-mid 20's are seen as too young by many today.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:01 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,465,767 times
Quote:
Well then, thats when you skip the STEM degree guys & try to hook at least a professor. I used to take a class where I sat front row, with my legs open, no undewear. You know how well that ended!

and you still wonder why you are in a miserable marriage and have according to you low class greasy heifers as friends and don't have any marketable skills to keep a simple job for a long period of time.......

Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 AM

48,708 posts, read 35,188,181 times
From the OP's posts here it seems when she was at college she should have paid more attention in class. Granted it must have been difficult with the draft and all from wearing no panties and keeping her legs open. People go with their strengths though.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Why not get an education and a husband?
You may not have noticed, but a LOT of guys are too shy to approach women in college. And some just don't find anyone they're interested in. Some women don't get much male attention in college, either. College isn't a store where you shop for a mate. It doesn't work that way for a lot of people. Especially now that so many students have to work full-time jobs while they go to school. Some don't have the luxury of idle time for a lot of socializing.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Well then, thats when you skip the STEM degree guys & try to hook at least a professor. I used to take a class where I sat front row, with my legs open, no undewear. You know how well that ended!
Professors aren't allowed to get "hooked" by students nowadays; they could lose their jobs. I call BS on this post. It seems fictional and provocational.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:07 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,681,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You may not have noticed, but a LOT of guys are too shy to approach women in college. And some just don't find anyone they're interested in. Some women don't get much male attention in college, either. College isn't a store where you shop for a mate. It doesn't work that way for a lot of people. Especially now that so many students have to work full-time jobs while they go to school. Some don't have the luxury of idle time for a lot of socializing.
But they have Facebook! That wasn't around when I was in college and I think it would've been helpful. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships