Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:04 PM

10 posts, read 86,482 times

Advertisements

Okay, I will try and make this brief. Girl 1 and I dated majority of 5 years withsome setbacks here and there. If it was just her and i hanging out or her and I with family we would get along great. When we fight it is about me wanting to hangout with my friends or me always being busy to attend church with her.
We broke up approx. 4 years ago and didn’t havecontact. I moved on which was very hard as I thought she was always the “one” even though we had a ton of issues. I found a girl (2) and we took things slow…she never pressured me about things and our friendship grew really strong. We eventually moved in together. We never had any issues and she would support me…and I felt it. I would however always compare the sexual passion I had with my last relationship. Everything else was great, just lacking the passion sometimes. Anyway, Girl 1 callsout of the blue and wants to work things out. She had gotten married within the year after our break up and realizedit was a big mistake. She knew I was in a relationship but wanted to try and get me back. I told her that things were good in my lifeand that I was happy. Her and I talked off and on for a short period and I told her my fears about “us”…..she seemed different and I began to believe things would be different this time. I left girl 2 with just a reason that I didn’tknow where things were going with us (which was true as I began thinking thingswould work with the ex). I felt if I never tried with girl 1 I would always regret it.

Girl 2 was shattered……I still feel bad about it. Her and I kept contact through text (which I hide from girl 1) and she eventually found out about me back with me ex. Our conversations ended for a short period with me breaking down after an extremely stressful period at work and life. The thing is she is the only one I that I can feel I can share things with without being judged. Our texts over the last couple months are always initiated by me and for a while she would always reply and carry on a conversation. I asked her to meet onceand she told me it wasn’t a good idea which it isn’t. Lately our text our just me carrying the conversation with her replies taking 10 to 15 minutes each time.

Basically I think I have these options:
Work on making things better with Girl 1, possibly seeing a counselor.
Leave girl 1 and try and reconnect with girl 2. That’s if girl 2 will take me back, how will I know?
Leave girl 1 and move on in my life alone till I am ready again

I am always afraid Girl 1 will leave me, and that things will always be temporary fixed and not last. I am 30 years old now (girl 1 – 27, girl 2 – 29). If I leave girl 1 and try and get back with girl 2…..would it be the same as before? Would she be interested in getting back?
If I left both alone and moved on with my life I would regret not trying and making it with girl 2…..she is a great catch

Last edited by 360canam; 11-27-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360canam View Post
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Okay, I will try and make this brief. Girl 1 and I dated majority of 5 years withsome setbacks here and there. If it wasjust her and i hanging out or her and I with family we would get along great. When we fight it is about me wanting to hangout with my friends or me always being busy to attend church with her.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We broke up approx. 4 years ago and didn’t havecontact. I moved on which was very hardas I thought she was always the “one” even though we had a ton of issues. I found a girl (2) and we took things slow…shenever pressured me about things and our friendship grew really strong. We eventually moved in together. We never had any issues and she would supportme…and I felt it. I would however alwayscompare the sexual passion I had with my last relationship. Everything else was great, just lacking thepassion sometimes. Anyway, Girl 1 callsout of the blue and wants to work things out. She had gotten married within the year after our break up and realizedit was a big mistake. She knew I was ina relationship but wanted to try and get me back. I told her that things were good in my lifeand that I was happy. Her and I talkedoff and on for a short period and I told her my fears about “us”…..she seemeddifferent and I began to believe things would be different this time. I left girl 2 with just a reason that I didn’tknow where things were going with us (which was true as I began thinking thingswould work with the ex). I felt if I nevertried with girl 1 I would always regret it. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Girl 2 was shattered……I still feel bad about it. Her and I kept contact (which I hide fromgirl 1) and she eventually found out about me back with me ex. Our conversations ended for a short periodwith me breaking down after an extremely stressful period at work and life. The thing is she is the only one I that I canfeel I can share things with without being judged. Our texts over the last couple months arealways initiated by me and for a while she would always reply and carry on aconversation. I asked her to meet onceand she told me it wasn’t a good idea which it isn’t. Lately our text our just me carrying theconversation with her replies taking 10 to 15 minutes each time. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Basically I think I have these options:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Work on making things better with Girl 1, possibly seeing a counselor.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Leave girl 1 and try and reconnect with girl 2. That’s if girl 2 will take me back, how willI know?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Leave girl 1 and move on in my life alone till I am readyagain.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I am always afraid Girl 1 will leave me, and that thingswill always be temporary fixed and not last. I am 30 years old now (girl 1 – 27, girl 2 – 29). If I leave girl 1 and try and get back withgirl 2…..would it be the same as before? Would she be interested in getting back? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]If I left both alone and moved on with my life I wouldregret not trying and making it with girl 2…..she is a great catch[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Formatting fail

Old 11-27-2013, 12:07 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Please, please edit your OP to make it readable.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
[SIZE=3]Basically I think I have these options:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Work on making things better with Girl 1, possibly seeing a counselor.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Leave girl 1 and try and reconnect with girl 2. That’s if girl 2 will take me back, how willI know?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Leave girl 1 and move on in my life alone till I am readyagain.[/SIZE]
I think you should break off with both of them and see the counselor on your own.

You clearly need some help. You seem to be afraid to be alone. Counselors are trained to help you heal from patterns like that. Once you get your own self straightened out, you won't have these problems in your relationships.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:13 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,543,192 times
Previewing before posting is recommended any time you cut and paste.

In one word, buyers remorse. Okay, that's two words. You need to drop both and see a therapist/counselor. They way you're going, no matter what you decide, you're going to think the other would have been a better option. Until you get over this, you won't be good relationship material.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:16 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Please log in with your normal account and post the thread normally. No reason you need to sign up for a new name when you want to introduce a new topic.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:23 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Door 3!!!! Door 3!!!!

Old 11-28-2013, 06:31 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Girl one is a flake. Girl two deserves better than someone who is really not that into her.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:40 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Cliffnotes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-28-2013, 07:38 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360canam View Post
Okay, I will try and make this brief. Girl 1 and I dated majority of 5 years withsome setbacks here and there. If it was just her and i hanging out or her and I with family we would get along great. When we fight it is about me wanting to hangout with my friends or me always being busy to attend church with her.
We broke up approx. 4 years ago and didn’t havecontact. I moved on which was very hard as I thought she was always the “one” even though we had a ton of issues. I found a girl (2) and we took things slow…she never pressured me about things and our friendship grew really strong. We eventually moved in together. We never had any issues and she would support me…and I felt it. I would however always compare the sexual passion I had with my last relationship. Everything else was great, just lacking the passion sometimes. Anyway, Girl 1 callsout of the blue and wants to work things out. She had gotten married within the year after our break up and realizedit was a big mistake. She knew I was in a relationship but wanted to try and get me back. I told her that things were good in my lifeand that I was happy. Her and I talked off and on for a short period and I told her my fears about “us”…..she seemed different and I began to believe things would be different this time. I left girl 2 with just a reason that I didn’tknow where things were going with us (which was true as I began thinking thingswould work with the ex). I felt if I never tried with girl 1 I would always regret it.

Girl 2 was shattered……I still feel bad about it. Her and I kept contact through text (which I hide from girl 1) and she eventually found out about me back with me ex. Our conversations ended for a short period with me breaking down after an extremely stressful period at work and life. The thing is she is the only one I that I can feel I can share things with without being judged. Our texts over the last couple months are always initiated by me and for a while she would always reply and carry on a conversation. I asked her to meet onceand she told me it wasn’t a good idea which it isn’t. Lately our text our just me carrying the conversation with her replies taking 10 to 15 minutes each time.

Basically I think I have these options:
Work on making things better with Girl 1, possibly seeing a counselor.
Leave girl 1 and try and reconnect with girl 2. That’s if girl 2 will take me back, how will I know?
Leave girl 1 and move on in my life alone till I am ready again

I am always afraid Girl 1 will leave me, and that things will always be temporary fixed and not last. I am 30 years old now (girl 1 – 27, girl 2 – 29). If I leave girl 1 and try and get back with girl 2…..would it be the same as before? Would she be interested in getting back?
If I left both alone and moved on with my life I would regret not trying and making it with girl 2…..she is a great catch
Girl 2. Girl 1 sounds like the equivalent of a guy who "drops by" when you've moved on. You know, the jerk that broke your heart, and wants to try to do it twice. Sex is overrated, the girl has emotional intimacy with you. And lemme get this straight, you ditched her cold for some former flame? One that sorta lost touch with you?

I will give name to my former "girlfriends". They started pretty late, as I was a supergeek who spent far too much time playing emulated games through much of my adolescence. I met Kelly in college, and I think it was largely one-sided as anything other than a friendship. I met Caitlin a few years back, she was sort of a geek like me who worked in a coffee shop. We had sorta incompatible schedules, though, so non-starter despite common interests (plus I found out she had a bf in Alaska). The latest one is Kira (middle name basis) who, well I talked about her in a former article, so I'm saying nothing here. Anyway, if Caitlin or Kelly suddenly came back after 3 years apiece of "sorry, you're just a friend" nonsense, I'd tell them **** no. The point is, I felt used by them, and suddenly they've changed their minds only to meddle with your happiness. Girl 1 will eventually leave you again, and you'll have broken two hearts: girl 2 and your own.

Wise up, ditch girl 1, and beg and plead girl 2, on your hands and knees. Tell her that you were between two relationships, and made a really crappy decision. Just know that she is not obligated to forgive you, and you might end up alone for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships