Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 08:52 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that women (just like men) have types they are attracted to and types they are not attracted to. And if there is no attraction, the sex has no business happening (for "being nice" or "feeling obligated")
If it has no business happening it won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that some men will go as far as attempting to "trick" a woman into going out with him, and when she declares there's no spark, they feel as though they've been cheated because they've been "nice"? What wasn't mentioned that the types of attitudes towards women I am describing were around in high school, and quite a few men still subscribe to them....the idea that a woman owes them something for being "nice".

No, it didn't. Because as adults with both male and female friends I know the challenges of dating and finding a connection are really very equal, and that gender bias high school stuff is long gone on both sides of the equation.

If you're a kid or dealing immature people, that may not be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 09:38 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,512,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Why do women always assume you are trying to have sex with them?

A: I don't always think men are trying to have sex with me. Sometimes I think they are trying to fix my window or move my furniture and then have sex with me.
You just agreed with what the poster said though. Bottom line was sex.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,512,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I don't think that's *always* the case. However, the times I have been in the dating scene, yes, that is the case a lot of the time. That isn't to say sex wasn't ever mutually desired. It just wasn't something I was feelin' with every guy I went out with.
There are guys who want to have a relationship but the woman might think he is in it for sex so he gets puts on a friend zone.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:46 PM

814 posts, read 2,046,215 times
Because she is standing on the corner and you just gave her a fifty!

Old 10-24-2013, 11:30 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,495,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Why do women always assume you are trying to have sex with them?

A: I don't always think men are trying to have sex with me. Sometimes I think they are trying to fix my window or move my furniture and then have sex with me.

Good friends are harder to find than sex partners (either relationships or ONS/NSA/FWB), and some men value friendship accordingly. Some men have to be really into a woman to want to have sex with her and that's not going to happen in a single afternoon.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:36 AM

28 posts, read 68,990 times
Maybe she thought she was just being helpful. "Don't invest any time in me and expect sex as a reward". Some men might appreciate this. "Ok.. I'm outta here" My experience: Unless she was married or you were just butt ugly, women who say these type of things don't really mean them. It tells you she is thinking about sex with you. But she likes it because she is in control now. Women crumble eventually if they trust you. Don't feel offended. Some women have defenses that come in all shapes and sizes. They have to.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 AM

28 posts, read 68,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
But it is sad how some women react to someone just offering a little help.
Come on, guys are guys. One woman here said she had car problems for a short time and the 3 out of 3 men who offered to help her out wanted to get into her pants (paraphrase). Every woman has defenses to where they don't back themselves in a corner. If you are a guy, you have ran across them every now and then. Like I said before, If she says this, she was thinking of sex with you. This puts her in control and if you are nice and she trusts you... she may eventually crumble anyway. You can't go through life thinking you win if you get sex or lose if you don't.
Some women... maybe all at some point have been called a tease for thinking a man wanted "friendship" only. And they don't like being criticized. All women have to deal with this in their own way.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:18 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,028,258 times
I don't know, but I often wish I could just make female friends without them thinking I have other intentions. I really don't know how to go about this. I tried using dating sites to make female friends but that didn't work. I'll post something on the non romantic section to see if anyone else has any suggestions.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:33 PM

555 posts, read 592,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
There are guys who want to have a relationship but the woman might think he is in it for sex so he gets puts on a friend zone.

Nope. You are only put in the friends zone when a women finds you not attractive enough to have sex with.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:37 PM

555 posts, read 592,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
Because we do want sex. And why do you think women put make up and wear revealing clothing if not to attract that sexual attention from men? Don't be naive.
Women know what we want from them but they also know what they want from us. If you can provide that (it varies from a women to women and situation to situation) the deal is made and you get sex.

By the way, do you often find yourself approaching and talking to unattractive women you never met before? I dont think so. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships