Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:28 PM

628 posts, read 1,398,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
No part of my post claims to speak for all men and women.
But you DID say:

"Women want good looking guys just like guys want attractive women. It's not that difficult to comprehend. If she's not into you, move on and quit sounding like a child by complaining to an internet forum." - burgler09

This is not true for every one as there is NO ONE SET STANDARD OF BEAUTY, it doesn't matter what is beautiful to you because it can be ugly to some one else.~

A man can want a woman and a woman can want man, but neither of them have to be "attractive" or "good looking" according to any one's standards but their own.~

In fact, they can find each other "ugly" but still want each other.~

Any thing is possible outside these ridiculous made-up fantasy worlds where any of these "so-called" "relationship rules" hold ANY merit!~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,119,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
But you DID say:

"Women want good looking guys just like guys want attractive women. It's not that difficult to comprehend. If she's not into you, move on and quit sounding like a child by complaining to an internet forum." - burgler09

This is not true for every one as there is NO ONE SET STANDARD OF BEAUTY, it doesn't matter what is beautiful to you because it can be ugly to some one else.~

A man can want a woman and a woman can want man, but neither of them have to be "attractive" or "good looking" according to any one's standards but their own.~

In fact, they can find each other "ugly" but still want each other.~

Any thing is possible outside these ridiculous made-up fantasy worlds where any of these "so-called" "relationship rules" hold ANY merit!~
lol, wow.

Set standards of beauty? I never said that, I just said the other person wants to have an attractive SO, whatever that may be.

You find me a good solid relationship with 0 attraction or with someone who finds their SO ugly, you won't.

Also, I basically said everything you did, I just thought the posters on here were intelligent enough to catch what I was saying. I think everyone caught it besides you.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
lol, wow.

Set standards of beauty? I never said that, I just said the other person wants to have an attractive SO, whatever that may be.

You find me a good solid relationship with 0 attraction or with someone who finds their SO ugly, you won't.

Also, I basically said everything you did, I just thought the posters on here were intelligent enough to catch what I was saying. I think everyone caught it besides you.
I sorry, but I disagree with your generalizations and sheer arrogance by stating simply because you believe some thing is true it WILL be true and any one who states otherwise WILL be found wrong and "unintelligent".~

Just because you've never encountered some thing before does not disprove its' existence.~

Your overgeneralizing "intelligence" as well in addition to using it as a weapon it seems out of your defense mechanism when your point is challenged.~

There are an infinite number of "intelligence" and to make a statement like: "...I just thought the posters on here were intelligent enough to catch what I was saying. I think everyone caught it besides you." is vague at best and shows you have an overgeneralized understanding of "intelligence".~

Old 10-18-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I sorry, but I disagree with your generalizations and sheer arrogance by stating simply because you believe some thing is true it WILL be true and any one who states otherwise WILL be found wrong and "unintelligent".~

Just because you've never encountered some thing before does not disprove its' existence.~

Your overgeneralizing "intelligence" as well in addition to using it as a weapon it seems out of your defense mechanism when your point is challenged.~

There are an infinite number of "intelligence" and to make a statement like: "...I just thought the posters on here were intelligent enough to catch what I was saying. I think everyone caught it besides you." is vague at best and shows you have an overgeneralized understanding of "intelligence".~

My point was never challenged, that's why I brought up intelligence. You're challenging what doesn't exist and what I never said in the first place. You can either be slow or crazy, I thought slow was a little better than crazy... but I guess I could change it to crazy if it makes you feel better.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
My point was never challenged, that's why I brought up intelligence. You're challenging what doesn't exist and what I never said in the first place. You can either be slow or crazy, I thought slow was a little better than crazy... but I guess I could change it to crazy if it makes you feel better.
There is no "slow" and there is no "intelligence" in the general sense, you are being too vague.~ You continue to disregard my points about the faults in your "logic" and you continue to wield your overgeneralized simplistic view of "intelligence" and now "sanity" as a weapon to suit your needs.~

So because I disagree, challenge, and point out the faults in your points I am either "slow" or "crazy"?~ Yes, because apparently you regard your opinion as "infallible" or "impossible of being mistaken in any way".~

There is no more talking to you: for you are irrational and you seem to regard any one, or at least me because I challenged your flawed logic, who disagrees with you as either slow, ignorant, or "crazy".~

Old 10-19-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
There is no "slow" and there is no "intelligence" in the general sense, you are being too vague.~ You continue to disregard my points about the faults in your "logic" and you continue to wield your overgeneralized simplistic view of "intelligence" and now "sanity" as a weapon to suit your needs.~

So because I disagree, challenge, and point out the faults in your points I am either "slow" or "crazy"?~ Yes, because apparently you regard your opinion as "infallible" or "impossible of being mistaken in any way".~

There is no more talking to you: for you are irrational and you seem to regard any one, or at least me because I challenged your flawed logic, who disagrees with you as either slow, ignorant, or "crazy".~
holy ****..

I don't even think you know what you're arguing. What part of my logic was flawed? As I already said, you're arguing something I never even said. Please go back to your cave.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:18 PM

878 posts, read 948,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I wouldn't call the men "dumb" just bad writers or maybe had poor judgement on what would be attractive to women.
I would call them dumb. Most people are. DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I don't know what's attractive to anyone, and I think trying to attract someone, as opposed to just being yourself and letting the chips fall where they will is futile, IRL or OLD.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:24 PM

7,826 posts, read 10,420,750 times
a lot of women on dating sites are not remotely serious about meeting up with guys , they act like silly little girls on those sites who enjoy the attention but have little interest in taking things further

Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM

878 posts, read 948,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
a lot of women on dating sites are not remotely serious about meeting up with guys , they act like silly little girls on those sites who enjoy the attention but have little interest in taking things further
I have found this to be true as well. Even among middle-aged (50+) women.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,021 times
Default Online Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
I'm 23 and I decided to create a profile on OKC. Short story short I decided to scout my competition and it was pretty encouraging. I feel like 70% these guys have no clue; staring angrily into the camera, way too much eye contact in general, dumb hats, taking selflies in the mirror, playing the nice guy card, using "lol", playing the "i'm new to online dating" card, being a sissy about writing a summary; "Well I don't normally talk about myself but here it goes"... It's a train wreck.

am I wrong?

Women who have used online dating, has this been your experience? Do most of the guys you receive messages from give off a 'clueless' vibe?

I don't feel it's a train wreck or useless.

I can tell you first hand that online dating works. Of course, I had to refine my approach, but after I did, things have been great. I was having hardly any luck in attracting girls online then one of my friends suggested an ebook. I ordered the book and after reading 50 of the 100 pages, my luck suddenly turned. I now have girls chasing me and am enjoying it. For the first time in a long time I had a hot girl I met at work start texting me! It felt great to sit there playing the text game with ease… as she was doing all the chasing. Even after only reading half the book, I’m blown away at how effective it is! It’s given me the confidence in my game knowing the subtle ways I have been going wrong so far in my life with women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships