Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:05 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,284,217 times

Advertisements

Here's the thing - the only people that continually use the terms "alpha" and "game" are the PUA's. So you really only have yourselves to blame. I don't anyone who uses those terms to describe real people and real life except for the PUA's on here. I don't really care what the true definitions of "alpha" and "game" are. To me, they are just nonsense. I'd rather have someone REAL and true to themselves than an alpha with game. And it seems like the guys who use those terms spend most of their time on here in a pi$$ing contest. If you want people to take you seriously - use different words. I have a feeling it won't make that much of a difference - but if it's really important to you - you should be able to say whatever you are trying to say with a different vocabulary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,356,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Here's the thing - the only people that continually use the terms "alpha" and "game" are the PUA's. So you really only have yourselves to blame. I don't anyone who uses those terms to describe real people and real life except for the PUA's on here. I don't really care what the true definitions of "alpha" and "game" are. To me, they are just nonsense. I'd rather have someone REAL and true to themselves than an alpha with game. And it seems like the guys who use those terms spend most of their time on here in a pi$$ing contest. If you want people to take you seriously - use different words. I have a feeling it won't make that much of a difference - but if it's really important to you - you should be able to say whatever you are trying to say with a different vocabulary.
I'm not a PUA. Far from it. I'm currently 6 months into an LTR. But I do believe in some of the teachings of game. Again, "game" isn't playing games. It's about building REAL self confidence and becoming a stronger and more attractive man. You only see the tactics of PUAs and some of the sillyness that is included in that realm and project that onto anyone who says they internalize some of the mansosphere.

There you go, painting anyone who associates with "alpha" or "game" as not being real or true to themselves and that's just another perpetuated misconception about the whole thing. If a guy takes a speech class, or a comedy class, or any self improvement class to make him a more attractive and rounded person, you'll applaud him. But if he reads blogs and learns how to truly change how he acts around women until it's natural, he's a fake. Funny.

It's nonsense to you because it's not something you've ever taken the the time to read into and understand. A top level view (which is what you have) shows douchey horndogs running around negging and touching women at the bar. Yeah, that does seem like nonsense, but it's much deeper than that.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 AM

167 posts, read 164,874 times
I reject the terms "alpha" and "game" as they have been forward by, as mentioned before, urban dictionary, or popular culture sites. I reject them because they don't make sense. How can one be an alpha? What is really exerting one's self? That guy you saw wasn't an alpha with a wicked game. He was just a douchebag. That is one term I love. "Douchebag", it rolls off the tongue and is very broad in it's definition.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
I'm not a PUA. Far from it. I'm currently 6 months into an LTR. But I do believe in some of the teachings of game. Again, "game" isn't playing games. It's about building REAL self confidence and becoming a stronger and more attractive man. You only see the tactics of PUAs and some of the sillyness that is included in that realm and project that onto anyone who says they internalize some of the mansosphere.

There you go, painting anyone who associates with "alpha" or "game" as not being real or true to themselves and that's just another perpetuated misconception about the whole thing. It's nonsense to you because it's not something you've ever taken the the time to read into and understand. A top level view (which is what you have) shows douchey horndogs running around negging and touching women at the bar. Yeah, that does seem like nonsense, but it's much deeper than that.
I don't care to take the time to read into it and understand it. Why would I? Why should I? Like I said - if you know all this - why not just use different words to say what you mean. If I want to get my point across, and I KNOW that using certain words or phrases will make most people dismiss what I'm saying, then I'll use different words or phrases to get my point across. Unless you have an extremely limited vocabulary - I don't see why this is a problem.

If you aren't a PUA - then you sure sound like one. If you don't like that - then change the way you sound. It's not hard.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:

There you go, painting anyone who associates with "alpha" or "game" as not being real or true to themselves and that's just another perpetuated misconception about the whole thing. If a guy takes a speech class, or a comedy class, or any self improvement class to make him a more attractive and rounded person, you'll applaud him. But if he reads blogs and learns how to truly change how he acts around women until it's natural, he's a fake. Funny.

It's nonsense to you because it's not something you've ever taken the the time to read into and understand. A top level view (which is what you have) shows douchey horndogs running around negging and touching women at the bar. Yeah, that does seem like nonsense, but it's much deeper than that.
You added more. Look - you're never going to change people's opinions on this matter by putting them down. I don't care what how upset it makes you or how you try to turn this onto me. The fact is - most people feel the way I do when they hear the words alpha and game. Trying to make us seem like the bad guys isn't really going to affect us at all. I'm a singer. When I'm talking to non-singers, I don't use words that have certain meanings to singers but that non-singers wouldn't understand.

And just because you are in a LTR doesn't make you NOT a PUA. If you've read the books, the blogs, taken the classes, researched all this stuff - well then...

Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I don't care to take the time to read into it and understand it. Why would I? Why should I? Like I said - if you know all this - why not just use different words to say what you mean. If I want to get my point across, and I KNOW that using certain words or phrases will make most people dismiss what I'm saying, then I'll use different words or phrases to get my point across. Unless you have an extremely limited vocabulary - I don't see why this is a problem.

If you aren't a PUA - then you sure sound like one. If you don't like that - then change the way you sound. It's not hard.
Lol you admit you refuse to understand it, yet you claim its all nonsensical. Logic at its best

Old 10-10-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Lol you admit you refuse to understand it, yet you claim its all nonsensical. Logic at its best
Can you explain to me why I should understand it? What purpose would it serve in my life? And the reason it all seems nonsensical is because of all the guys on here who talk about it. Honestly, like I said, you all sound like you are in a never ending pi$$ing contest with each other. "No, I'M an alpha! No, this is what an alpha is! I've banged more hot babes than you ever will! I'd sleep with her but I wouldn't marry her! I'm the bigger stud! No, I am!" THIS is what gives you guys a bad name.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,217,572 times
I never heard of "PUA" until I saw this board, googled it, and am amazed that this exists. No, saddened. Who the heck wants to make a sport out of putting notches in a bedpost.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Can you explain to me why I should understand it? What purpose would it serve in my life? And the reason it all seems nonsensical is because of all the guys on here who talk about it. Honestly, like I said, you all sound like you are in a never ending pi$$ing contest with each other. "No, I'M an alpha! No, this is what an alpha is! I've banged more hot babes than you ever will! I'd sleep with her but I wouldn't marry her! I'm the bigger stud! No, I am!" THIS is what gives you guys a bad name.
I've never seen a pi$sing match like that on CD and certainly haven't been involved in one.

That's fine if you don't want to understand it. But you admit you don't, so don't speak to me like you know where I'm coming from or undercut my opinion by saying I'm just a PUA, which 1. I'm not and 2 you don't even understand what it is

Old 10-10-2013, 09:46 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,250,917 times
Quote:
It is not sensible to me. I actually agree with what YOU mean by these terms as being good things. I believe that some people actually mean the same thing you do. But it makes no sense to communicate with a word like game whose primary meaning is something you play where you MEAN confidence since many people DO use the word "game" in this context to mean playing women. If people said what they meant, there would be no reason to freak out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships