Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 02:21 PM

663 posts, read 778,233 times

Advertisements

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...o-often-8.html

I am reading this thread where women describe what is creepy.

So I have provided the "creepy" and a "non creepy" alternative:

Creepy: Someone who just approached you asked for your number and invited you back to a motel.
Non Creepy Solution: Someone who just approached you asked for your number but instead invited you back to his home.

Creepy: A guy stares at you.
Non Creepy Solution: A guy looks at you, and instead approaches you with conversation, which then he is invited to look at you.

Would that be correct?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 02:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...o-often-8.html

I am reading this thread where women describe what is creepy.

So I have provided the "creepy" and a "non creepy" alternative:

Creepy: Someone who just approached you asked for your number and invited you back to a motel.
Non Creepy Solution: Someone who just approached you asked for your number but instead invited you back to his home.

Creepy: A guy stares at you.
Non Creepy Solution: A guy looks at you, and instead approaches you with conversation, which then he is invited to look at you.

Would that be correct?
Agree with #2, disagree with #1 -- a guy walking up to me on the street and inviting me to his home would DEFINITELY be creepy.

How about just asking for the number?

Old 06-25-2013, 02:46 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Creepy is in the eye of the beholder, but I would have never invited a woman back to my home right after meeting her. That's just way too weird and forward.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Agree with #2, disagree with #1 -- a guy walking up to me on the street and inviting me to his home would DEFINITELY be creepy.

How about just asking for the number?
Ok so basically, ask for your number, set up a date with you, go out on the date, have fun & laugh, and THEN invite you to his home?

That would be appropriate, correct?

Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I kind of think just going up to me and asking for my number spontaneously would be creepy! Forget about any invitations thereafter.
If a guy thinks it's acceptable to just walk up to a woman and ask for her number, without knowing her, meeting her, or having some conversation, then his "creepy" score is up pretty high.
How about: "Guy approaches woman and starts normal conversation that doesn't involve hitting on her. Once they seem to hit it off in the course of an enjoyable conversation (enjoyable to both parties) THEN, and only then, maybe, ask for her number."

Old 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Ok so basically, ask for your number, set up a date with you, go out on the date, and THEN invite you to his home?
Techcrium...why so anxious to get women to your home? Date in a more public place, then if you both want to, you can start discussing home visits.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Techcrium...why so anxious to get women to your home? Date in a more public place, then if you both want to, you can start discussing home visits.
Well, I'm pretty sure EVERY single guy is anxious to get women to bed. I can attest that any guy talking to a hot girl, the first thing on his mind is which position he would love to do her in.

So are you saying that the definition of creepy refers to the amount of hoops the guy has to jump through before bedding the girl?

e.g.
1. Approach a girl
2. Engage in conversation
3. Ask for number
4. Set up a date
5. Go out on date
6. Go mini golfing, watch movie, whatever
7. Hold hands, flirt, kiss or attempt at it
8. Invite to home

The above would not be considered creepy whereas the situation below would:

1. Approach a girl
2. Invite to home

???

Old 06-25-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Reminds me of the Monty Python scene in Meaning of Life: the boys in sex ed class. "What's wrong with a kiss, boy? You don't have to leap straight for (taking her home) like a stampeding bull."

Old 06-25-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Reminds me of the Monty Python scene in Meaning of Life: the boys in sex ed class. "What's wrong with a kiss, boy? You don't have to leap straight for (taking her home) like a stampeding bull."
AH HA HA HA HA That scene was hilarious. And he has to keep yelling at them to get their attention...OMG so funny.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm pretty sure EVERY single guy is anxious to get women to bed.

So are you saying that the definitely of creepy refers to the amount of hoops the guy has to jump through before bedding the girl?

e.g.
1. Approach a girl
2. Engage in conversation
3. Ask for number
4. Set up a date
5. Go out on date
6. Go mini golfing, watch movie, whatever
7. Hold hands
8. Invite to home

The above would not be creepy whereas the situation below would:

1. Approach a girl
2. Invite to home
I kinda think seeing all those things as hoops to jump through before "bedding the girl" is quintessential creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships