Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 PM

31 posts, read 62,035 times

Advertisements

My biggest regret is ever marrying the man I am STILL married to 26 years later.

After the ceremony at the church, the minister had us go into his office to sign the papers to make it offical. At that very moment I almost said aloud, "I don't want to marry you. I don't want to sign this paper to make it official because I do not or ever did or ever will love you."

But I was pregnant and it was the 80's so I did.

26 years later, his life is great, he's successful, happy, and doing whatever makes him happy. I on the otherhand, no matter how hard I've tried to leave, have never been able to do it.

The kids, financial reasons, and now age.

I wish I had never married this man because he is not a very nice man. He is a compulsive liar, a manipulator, a cheater, and is completely detached from everyone but himself.

What is YOUR biggest regret in your relationship? Anyone else 50-something, and stuck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 06:21 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I am 28 years old. My biggest regret is that i didn't tell my loved one that I loved him so much on the day he died.

His death taught me life is too short to waste. It is never too late to enjoy my own life. I always loved extreme sports, I play sports whenever I want to and I don't care for the consequences. I just want to live my life to the fullest. I was always attracted to the dare devil type of guy because I am one myself. I don't play it safe because life is unpredictable at best.

I am sorry that you feel "stuck". I hope you can find something to make yourself happy.

take care.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Gave the current gf a little too much control, and now I gotta take it back. Kind of a pain in the butt.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:33 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
No regrets. I don't live for coulda woulda shoulda. I appreciate every person and every relationship no matter what because all of them taught me something...and I've been through some craazzzyyy sh*t.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
That we didn't start it sooner.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:41 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,475 times
My biggest regret was ending the relationship a month ago because of a psychic who told me he wasn't my soulmate months ago and it kept building up inside me. It kept getting to me until I decided to just face my fear and end it. I was so stupid!

I like him so much!!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
I regret not eating my tub of Ben & Jerry's on the weekend. He ate it. I buy it, he keeps eating it. He says he's protecting my figure.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am 28 years old. My biggest regret is that i didn't tell my loved one that I loved him so much on the day he died.

His death taught me life is too short to waste. It is never too late to enjoy my own life. I always loved extreme sports, I play sports whenever I want to and I don't care for the consequences. I just want to live my life to the fullest. I was always attracted to the dare devil type of guy because I am one myself. I don't play it safe because life is unpredictable at best.

I am sorry that you feel "stuck". I hope you can find something to make yourself happy.

take care.
Well, that was spoken like a true 28 year old. I remember being 28. I was married a year. =)

I too lost someone I loved greatly that taught me about love. My 17 year old son died in an accident the week we were moving closer to my hometown so I could FINALLY (after 18 years of marriage) leave and start over. I couldn't leave after he died because my only onther surviving child nearly died herself because the stress of moving cross country to a strange town and losing her brother in the same week was too much.

I've always been a worker-bee, unfortunately not a career person because I was the one responsible for the kids. (Example: I coached sports and taught school while my kids were younger until we moved fro NY to AZ where I took on the roles of PTO president and any other borad I could be on the keep me busy and stay involved with my kids.) Unfortunately some women of my generation just didn't 'get' how important it was to have a career - not just a job. (*me*)

I do think that if I had just had the guts to say I didn't want to get married, then maybe my life would have turned out to be different. No one knows how unhappy I am. I am the wonderful trophy wife that doesn't complain, who keeps her chin up and takes care of everyone else, because I am the "strong" one.

Anyway, I digress....

Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
My biggest regret was ending the relationship a month ago because of a psychic who told me he wasn't my soulmate months ago and it kept building up inside me. It kept getting to me until I decided to just face my fear and end it. I was so stupid!

I like him so much!!
You followed the advice of a Psychic? You're the one that should be eating my Ben & Jerry's.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Gave the current gf a little too much control, and now I gotta take it back. Kind of a pain in the butt.
What kind of control did you give her? And how the heck does one take it back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships