Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 08:11 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,235,041 times

Advertisements

I want to ask this person at my workplace out for dinner. She's not an actual employee at my company but works in a kiosk in my company dealing with the public.

We get along great and joke around a lot. I was thinking of asking her out for dinner but the only reason I don't want to is not because of rejection, but in case she says NO(which I'm okay with) and tells my other co-workers about me asking her out. THAT bothers me, people finding out I got rejected.

I've always been like this. If a girl says no, fine with me. It's if she starts telling others we both know I get embarrassed about the rejection.

Do any of you feel this way? Rejection okay, others finding out humilating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 08:48 PM

706 posts, read 1,206,631 times
Yeah I think most people feel that way, however for most people, once they get out of HS they really don't talk about rejecting an offer. Unless this woman is cold/mean I would worry so much about her telling others she said no. BUT you'll never know unless you ask!! Ask her for coffee or something simple at first then move into "a date." DO IT!!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:54 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,371,830 times
no regrets, brah! embrace rejection; it will help you in the future when it comes to dating.

btw: who cares what other people think.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:58 PM

102,242 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Why would she blab? That's not normal behavior, especially since she doesn't work for your company.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,019,314 times
Women did this all the time with me when I was asking women out. They ran to there friends and pointed fingers and gave those ew faces.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:21 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,097,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Women did this all the time with me when I was asking women out. They ran to there friends and pointed fingers and gave those ew faces.
Dude,I think you down yourself WAY to much...I know a guy around here that looks like he was born with his ass on his face and is not well off financially,but he has a new woman every time you see him..confidence?good sense of humor? Try it my brutha

Old 06-07-2013, 09:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,679,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I want to ask this person at my workplace out for dinner. She's not an actual employee at my company but works in a kiosk in my company dealing with the public.

We get along great and joke around a lot. I was thinking of asking her out for dinner but the only reason I don't want to is not because of rejection, but in case she says NO(which I'm okay with) and tells my other co-workers about me asking her out. THAT bothers me, people finding out I got rejected.

I've always been like this. If a girl says no, fine with me. It's if she starts telling others we both know I get embarrassed about the rejection.

Do any of you feel this way? Rejection okay, others finding out humilating?
Yes, and it's terrible form for someone to tell others (especially others that know you).

That said, it's nothing that should stop you.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:36 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,765,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Right in front of your face? They RAN and POINTED and WENT "EW"? How old were these girls--10?

I can't understand that response unless you were asking out women who were complete strangers like some kind of stalker and they felt insulted or threatened. Usually, men ask women out whom they know at least well enough to determine that the woman seems interested and is mature and normal enough not to act like a 5th grader.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,007,195 times
Quote:
I can't understand that response unless you were asking out women who were complete strangers like some kind of stalker and they felt insulted or threatened.
Yes, that is the behaviour of a woman who feels physically unsafe.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:28 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,513,948 times
With over 1,000 rejections in my books. I do not care who finds out. I don't control them.

It's a number game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships