Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:00 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,758 times

Advertisements

I want to know exactly why height is attractive trait for a male targeting a female? I'm a tall guy that wants to know what about being 6 feet is attractive? Is it just naturally attractive? Is the height more convenient? Does the attraction stem from the perception that taller is more dominant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 04:05 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I want to know exactly why height is attractive trait for a male targeting a female? I'm a tall guy that wants to know what about being 6 feet is attractive? Is it just naturally attractive? Is the height more convenient? Does the attraction stem from the perception that taller is more dominant?
Here you go. Were you raised in a cave, per chance?

Why Do Women All Seem to Want Taller Men? - eHarmony Advice

Old 05-28-2013, 04:05 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...rated-men.html

We went over this not long ago on C-D Forum

Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
The perception that tall = more powerful and capable.

It varies, though.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
I like taller guys because I like to be able to at least look them in the eye.

It's not a dealbreaker by any means...just a preference.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:07 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,587 times
Ah, one of these again. It's like asking what makes large breasts attractive.

I personally wouldn't invent my "perfect man" to be 6 foot tall. I'm on the shorter end of the spectrum. I've dated tall dudes, but certainly wouldn't make it my default.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
For the same reason some people find blonde hair, blue eyes a nice rear or any other feature attractive? That would be my guess.

I like tall men because I find that they are more asthetically pleasing to my eye. It doesn't mean I am attracted to every tall man though. I've got to like the rest of the package too. There are plenty of tall men that I would not even look twice at.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:14 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
For the same reason some people find blonde hair, blue eyes a nice rear or any other feature attractive? That would be my guess.

I like tall men because I find that they are more asthetically pleasing to my eye. It doesn't mean I am attracted to every tall man though. I've got to like the rest of the package too. There are plenty of tall men that I would not even look twice at.
Never been a fan of blonde with blue eyes. Now dark brown with green eyes is another story.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:18 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Here you go. Were you raised in a cave, per chance?

Why Do Women All Seem to Want Taller Men? - eHarmony Advice
Part of that study is bunk. I have a hard time believing that these researchers managed to get about 730 couples together and only have one shorter man taller woman couple.

In my area, shorter men taller women couples are a common occurrence.

I do agree with a lot of the study, though.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:19 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
I think part of it is that when I'm with a taller man I feel more feminine. Not a requirement though--the man I date now is 5'7" and personality and us "getting" each other is much more important than how tall he is and besides I feel like a cut-off freak if I'm with a very tall man, meaning over 6'. Anyway, yeah we've been all over this and I hate that shorter men are made to feel inferior, but just keep this in mind--you're better off than Korean men where shorter men are openly laughed at if they try to get a date and that's why Koreans tend to be taller than most Asians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships