Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:24 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,945,702 times

Advertisements

So I've been out with a new person a few times and everything has been going fairly well and this person has been responding very positively to my advances, but I'm a little concerned I'll be for nothing in the end. What I mean is that in the past I have gone with women and they seem like they they're interested and then after a week or so the trail gets cold so now I've sort of developed a little anxiety about it. In the past, I would talk to multiple women at the same time, but I don't like doing that for a number of reasons. So anyways, I guess my anxiety about it stems from me wondering if it is a problem associated with me or the women I go after. I'm in my early 20s as are the women I talk to. I'm a very laid back and soft spoken person. My ideal environment to go out and socialize isn't in loud bars and clubs like a lot of people in my age group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,365,602 times
relax, and go with the flow.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:58 PM

Go with the flow... what is that even supposed to mean more precisely?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:19 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,970,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octa View Post
So I've been out with a new person a few times and everything has been going fairly well and this person has been responding very positively to my advances, but I'm a little concerned I'll be for nothing in the end. What I mean is that in the past I have gone with women and they seem like they they're interested and then after a week or so the trail gets cold so now I've sort of developed a little anxiety about it. In the past, I would talk to multiple women at the same time, but I don't like doing that for a number of reasons. So anyways, I guess my anxiety about it stems from me wondering if it is a problem associated with me or the women I go after. I'm in my early 20s as are the women I talk to. I'm a very laid back and soft spoken person. My ideal environment to go out and socialize isn't in loud bars and clubs like a lot of people in my age group.
Don't try so hard.

I mean if you are like, "do you like me still? I mean you didn't call. I just thought you might have changed your mind or I said or did something to you that made you upset."
Yeah... Not good.

Give her space.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:34 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,401,501 times
u sound exactly like me OP, the key is finding woman that compliment u. The girls that arent interested after a week are ones that are just a bad match

Old 05-22-2013, 08:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,912,119 times
Pretend you are dating a gay man. Trust me it works.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:17 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,038,446 times
Not every encounter will work out. No need to have anxiety about it. Trying to grow dates into a relationship can be a long process. However, it is nothing more than trial and error, as you and your date have to feel that spark for each other.

Just try to be normal, natural, upfront, and outgoing. Show your real self to people. That spark and chemistry will be there with someone. Be careful of the anxiety, because it can cause you to do things that may be perceivable as a turnoff. (Desperation, tentativeness, clingy-ness, etc)

Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 AM

250 posts, read 400,421 times
Go with the flow means, do whatever it is you do every day and don't rack your brains thinking abut this chick until its more signifigant. You know why married dudes get hit on all the time? Because they don't give a f**k. You geek yourself out when you put too much thought into a girl too soon and creep her out, when ironically if yould have just been yourself you probably had a decent chance!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the responses. Usually in the past, my problem was the opposite of being clingy: I didn't get care about getting into a relationship so I guess they would think that I wasn't interested and move on. One girl told me to call her for example and I never did. Instead I just sent her a text a week later and never heard from her again. Now I don't know how to strike that balance. And yeah relationships are trial and error, but I've gone through college without successfully hitting it off with anyone which leaves me a little worried that the problem is on my end.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,004,647 times
If you wait a week then don't be surprised that she doesn't respond!

If you end the first date, tell her to text you when she arrived back home so you know she is safe - that keeps the communication flowing. When she texts you then, wish her a good night and how nice it was meeting her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships