Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,464,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
not trying to talk things out first, sounds to me like he is not compatible with you for the long haul.
that is essentially what arguments are (all be it not constructively). which they had plenty of according to her.
it wasn't the fact they never tried to work it out , it was the fact they just couldn't.

either way the ending was the right choice.

Last edited by rego00123; 05-06-2013 at 09:03 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 08:57 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,500,105 times
OP, you say your daughter likes seeing him and wants him to come over, and seeks out his attention, whether positive or negative. How is she responding to the break-up? If she is really upset about it I think I would let her know it is not her fault, but that her attitude has not helped the situation. I say this because you may find this to be a continueing problem as she gets older and you date different men. She needs to know that her attitude affect everyone around her, not just you.

Has your ex-boyfriend contacted you at all since you split up? I give him credit for at least having the decency to do it in person and not by test.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:44 PM

822 posts, read 3,005,377 times
Default The follow up - a much younger woman

I am the OP and just was re-reading this ... you would not even believe what happened next. About 6-7 weeks after abruptly breaking up with me, he started showing up with a very young student from (I think) Thailand. He is mid-40s and she looks like she could pass off as a teenager, but might be early 20s. Everyone at first was really shocked and surprised and thought she must be someone's daughter or niece or a student he was mentoring (he's a professor), but then he would put his arm around her or hold her hand and they would gag.

She has this air of total frailty and it seems to be what is working for him (they are still together). He had a history of dating women who were age appropriate so all of this is very odd. I also learned from others that he has a history of abruptly breaking up with women when he has found someone else so I don't know if she is the reason he broke up so abruptly. I'm trying to block him out as much as I possibly can, given overlapping interests and social circles, etc.

But my daughter is fine, very solid.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,800,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom4792 View Post
I am the OP and just was re-reading this ... you would not even believe what happened next. About 6-7 weeks after abruptly breaking up with me, he started showing up with a very young student from (I think) Thailand. He is mid-40s and she looks like she could pass off as a teenager, but might be early 20s. Everyone at first was really shocked and surprised and thought she must be someone's daughter or niece or a student he was mentoring (he's a professor), but then he would put his arm around her or hold her hand and they would gag.

She has this air of total frailty and it seems to be what is working for him (they are still together). He had a history of dating women who were age appropriate so all of this is very odd. I also learned from others that he has a history of abruptly breaking up with women when he has found someone else so I don't know if she is the reason he broke up so abruptly. I'm trying to block him out as much as I possibly can, given overlapping interests and social circles, etc.

But my daughter is fine, very solid.
Rereading your original post I am not surprised at this outcome.

My gut reaction was, there's another woman.

Guys sometimes get easily irritated when they are trying to figure out how to break things off with someone after finding someone new.

In any case, I always appreciate an OP coming back to update their thread, so thank you

As much as it hurts, you really are better off without him. I hope you meet someone better suited to you very soon!

Old 01-28-2014, 05:32 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,054,914 times
Face to face communication is extremely important in relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships