Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,810,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
So you talked to her for an hour, and then she mentioned a boyfriend? I doubt she even has a boyfriend, she just realized she is not into you.
Unlikely. I've been in her shoes before, having an enjoyable conversation with a man who is probably into me but isn't making any direct moves. I avoid mentioning the boyfriend because I know as soon as I do, he will disappear and the perfectly lovely conversation is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,328,904 times
An hour???

Too long my friend.

Back when I was a single guy (bout 100 years ago) you talked for 15-20 minutes tops, got a number and got out of there. Alternatively after 20 minutes of conversation you would ask if she wanted to go to another bar and get a drink with you...the reason for this of course was to get away from your moron friends and her PITA friends.

As far a a sure fire way to "get the girl" I imagine being either incredibly handsome and/or wealthy would do the trick!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:11 PM

102,478 posts, read 108,961,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Unlikely. I've been in her shoes before, having an enjoyable conversation with a man who is probably into me but isn't making any direct moves. I avoid mentioning the boyfriend because I know as soon as I do, he will disappear and the perfectly lovely conversation is over.
Madame, you have enjoyed lovely conversations under false pretenses! At a hopeful suitor's expense! For shame! If you thought conversations were to be enjoyed at face value, you were sadly mistaken.

So, this is what the world has come to? *sighh*

Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 PM

102,478 posts, read 108,961,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post

As far a a sure fire way to "get the girl" I imagine being either incredibly handsome and/or wealthy would do the trick!
Charm and wit will do it, especially if the woman is in an unhappy relationship.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM

25,899 posts, read 42,877,140 times
Couldn't you just ask her if she has a boyfriend? After several minutes of chatting, it seems natural to ask someone if she is open to being approached. If a guy talked to me for an hour about everything EXCEPT getting my number, I'd think he just wasn't interested. I think you're taking too long to make your intentions known. Some women don't turn back on once they're off.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:25 PM

12,585 posts, read 17,042,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
So you talked to her for an hour, and then she mentioned a boyfriend? I doubt she even has a boyfriend, she just realized she is not into you.
Exactly!!!

Her: "boy this guy doesn't get the hint. Guess I will try the.. 'I have a boyfriend.'"

Old 02-06-2013, 06:32 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,513,638 times
Quote:
Exactly!!!

Her: "boy this guy doesn't get the hint. Guess I will try the.. 'I have a boyfriend.'"

LOL PLUS 1

Geesh, OP got access to mommy's computer....

Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,810,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Madame, you have enjoyed lovely conversations under false pretenses! At a hopeful suitor's expense! For shame! If you thought conversations were to be enjoyed at face value, you were sadly mistaken.

So, this is what the world has come to? *sighh*
I'm actually surprised no one jumped on me for being a tease. Because, you know, men only endure conversations with women if there's hope of p-tang at the end.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,316,905 times
Is it THAT weird to talk to someone of the gender(s) you're attracted to and not be hitting on them?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,898,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'm actually surprised no one jumped on me for being a tease. Because, you know, men only endure conversations with women if there's hope of p-tang at the end.
it depends on the conversation topic, how attractive the girl is, whether the guy is interested, whether he himself already has someone. We arent out there trying to meet female friends, that is not the typical guys goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships