Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 05:09 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,243,832 times

Advertisements

The desire to box women into categories that seem to "make sense" to men is the universal here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 06:52 AM

372 posts, read 458,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I think there is probably a positive but weak correlation. Some people who are adventurous in life in general may not be that adventurous in the bedroom because they have weak sex drives or can only get physically aroused by a limited range of stimuli, neither of which have to do with your personality.

Do you have trouble sleeping? Because I am having trouble figuring out why you would dig back seven years to respond to the OP with THIS /\ /\

Old 09-03-2019, 10:09 AM

20,492 posts, read 14,853,646 times
For real.

When somebody digs up an old thread that had a comment in it from back when I was trying to convince myself that my marriage was ok. 3 years before my divorce. Barf.

Check this crap out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Disagree. I prefer comfort over wild games, outfits or wacky toys in bed...natural, comfortable and happy is how I like that part of my life. I've been all over the map there, and I'm just tired of feeling like it's got to be a big production. I don't need novelty. I just need it to be good.

In my external life however, I like well planned adventures...not the kind where you spontanaously hit the road with no map, but the kind where I know where I'm goin', how I'm getting there, and where I'm staying. But I like a good thrill out there in the world. Seeing new places and things, rollercoasters, concerts, thunderstorms, all that kind of stuff.

^ 2012 me. ^

Translation: "The only person I have as a possibility for sex is a man I don't really want to have touch me if I can help it. It's best when he doesn't expect anything unusual and we get it over with in the typical 5-10 minutes so that I can go to sleep." ("I prefer comfort." LOL! "I prefer sleep." <-- Truth.)

Amazing what a difference it makes when you've got someone that you have enthusiastic consent for, as a bedmate.

Anyhow. I think I've always been ultimately someone who does like some excitement, but with lots of forward planning, educated on all possible risks, and with as much risk mitigation as possible. If I can believe that my odds of doing something in safety are pretty good, then yeah, I like to have fun. But I don't consider myself to be as wild as I imagine some people think I am. And there are many risks I'm just not down to mess with.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:08 PM

6,458 posts, read 5,136,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHOP View Post
Do you have trouble sleeping? Because I am having trouble figuring out why you would dig back seven years to respond to the OP with THIS /\ /\
I usually don't manually go way back in the archives; I just click threads that are recommended (at the bottom of the page) if they interest me.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:39 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,385,469 times
hmmm... tough call. Being adventurous can mean many things. Some may be adventurous in life to cover up their non-existent sex life.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:05 AM

20,492 posts, read 14,853,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I usually don't manually go way back in the archives; I just click threads that are recommended (at the bottom of the page) if they interest me.
I've heard other people say the same. What is weird to me about this, is that I don't get those recommendations. If I scroll to the bottom when I'm in a thread or subforum, I see nothing. I do have a sidebar of recommended threads but they are never old, inactive ones, they've all got recent posts. And at the bottom of the page of "General Forums" or all the listed subforums, I get a feed showing the threads with the most recent posts, popping up and scrolling as people respond in real time.

So whatever this mechanism is by which people keep raising old threads from the dusty, murky past like this, I wonder if it's a setting I've got turned off or something. Or maybe it doesn't show up in a Chrome browser.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:22 AM

13,767 posts, read 10,114,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
hmmm... tough call. Being adventurous can mean many things. Some may be adventurous in life to cover up their non-existent sex life.
Some may also have a non existant life outside of the bedroom, but do almost anything in the bedroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZAYdHcDtU

Old 09-09-2019, 05:50 AM

12,509 posts, read 8,283,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I've heard other people say the same. What is weird to me about this, is that I don't get those recommendations. If I scroll to the bottom when I'm in a thread or subforum, I see nothing. I do have a sidebar of recommended threads but they are never old, inactive ones, they've all got recent posts. And at the bottom of the page of "General Forums" or all the listed subforums, I get a feed showing the threads with the most recent posts, popping up and scrolling as people respond in real time.

So whatever this mechanism is by which people keep raising old threads from the dusty, murky past like this, I wonder if it's a setting I've got turned off or something. Or maybe it doesn't show up in a Chrome browser.

I get the related thread notifications and I get confused because the board software highlights the thread in yellow at the bottom of the page you are reading and ask you to add to the conversation. But then board members and moderators come back and ask why you added to the thread. Other message boards have default software that ask if you are sure you want to respond here instead of starting a new thread because the last activity was X months ago.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:02 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,979,811 times
Op based on my experience, the two do not go together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships