Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:51 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,042,933 times

Advertisements

Are there any clues any of the men here find they look for, perhaps even on a subconscious level, when evaluating a woman's "dateability"? Perhaps evaluating her dateability isn't even the proper way to put it; perhaps these are factors that come into play and gradually increase one's attraction, when it's not one of those "instant" things.

I find SANDWICHES to be a surprising factor, for example.

When a woman is first dating you, she's all about the good impression (there's nothing inherently wrong with this, everyone puts their best foot forward at first) and when food comes into play she's out to impress you -- but that factor tends to wane as the relationship becomes more established, and it's not always a good sign.

It's been my experience most women can't construct a good sandwich. Watch them behind deli counters, in fast food restaurants putting dishes together, etc. They have a tendency to put together a sandwich in the technical sense only, and it's good enough rather than good. I'm not saying that men never do this; but they tend to do it less.

A woman first dating a guy WILL make sure he has a GOOD sandwich...

...but what about when a woman who is NOT dating you but IS otherwise available makes you a GOOD sandwich? She might be making some food for everyone, but among a group you see men's sandwiches constructed more heartily, despite that EVERYONE has what they consider a good sandwich? The women would look at more as "too much", while if the men had the women's sandwiches they would eat them and be left feeling a tad underwhelmed, still somewhat munchy, wishing there had been a bit more oomph to the meal.

The woman doesn't make a big deal out of it, doesn't really make ANY deal out of it.

Do you find yourself looking at her even a little bit differently afterward? Find a hint more respect for her words or decisions? You may have had perfectly equitable respect for her before as compared to everyone else, but suddenly she has a slight edge over other women for an almost inexplicable reason?

She changes her own tire, doesn't even THINK about asking for help...

When asked a question she knows the difference between I think and I feel, and she has NO problem with admitting she doesn't know an answer.

When asked a question she doesn't go straight to I don't know in order to brush you off.

Does anyone else have any? I obviously have others, but this is about the question, not about me.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,923,578 times
Any woman who cooks me good Italian food is eligible to date me.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,118,100 times
Only woman who has ever made me a sandwich was my mom.

Not saying my mom was best, but I never dated a woman who could cook, and would burn EZ mac. No sandwich making abilities whatsoever.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:45 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,682,223 times
I just asked my husband of 6 years (10 years together) if I still make sandwiches the same way for him after all these years and he told me my sandwiches have always been GREAT. So I guess I'm still dateable.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:04 AM

28,226 posts, read 37,150,697 times
LOL! So I am not very date-able, I don't really like sandwiches. It is practically un-american I know, but I only make like 10 sandwiches at home a year. :P 95% of those would be grilled cheese.

But in reality, I'd say you know she is data-able when you tell her about something you like/are interested in/etc, and she files it away in her memory box and then references it weeks or months later (and perhaps gets you something related to it, or plans an activity related to it....).

Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,303,297 times
A guy friend of mine once said he instantly put a woman in the pool of potentials if she could drive a stick.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,746,605 times
I think sandwiches are generally unhealthy, don't ever eat them. I can and will cook a real meal though, just won't make a sandwich. Guess that is why I am only worth a shag...

Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I think sandwiches are generally unhealthy, don't ever eat them. I can and will cook a real meal though, just won't make a sandwich. Guess that is why I am only worth a shag...
If a man gets to know you, they'll find you more than someone for just a shag, ma'am.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 AM

88 posts, read 143,287 times
All this talk of sandwiches...

mmmmmm smoked ham, crispy bacon, fresh-cut lettuce, Mediterranean olives, juicy tomatoes, aged cheese, and lightly toasted bread - put perfectly together and cut perfect diagonally....

I will eat a woman who is willing to learn to make such a delicious meal for me

Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM

7,954 posts, read 8,281,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
LOL! So I am not very date-able, I don't really like sandwiches. It is practically un-american I know, but I only make like 10 sandwiches at home a year. :P 95% of those would be grilled cheese.
What are you talking about? That makes you even more of a catch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships