Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,819 times

Advertisements

So basically, I've had this crush on a older woman who lives a few houses away from me for a number of years now. I finally managed to convince myself to go see her and tell her etc. I basically say "Hi, you're extremely attractive and I've wanted to say it for many years but couldn't bring myself to it" She responds by saying "Aww, thanks" and I left albeit a little awkward as she said it by not even opening her front door (Sort of see through mesh door where I could just make out her face).

I'm thinking of going back and asking straight up if she's interested in a sort of friends with benefits relationship or just friendship or just ask for her number but I'm not sure how that would turn out. What do you guys think? I'm 18 and I think she's around 35-40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 12:18 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times
Way out of your league.

Judging by the way the encounter ended, you not figuring it out demonstrates this fact.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:19 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,828 times
Plenty of other attractive women out there. Don't waste anymore time in that one. Keep it moving.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:39 AM

368 posts, read 577,392 times
You have to be more assertive, since she gave you that "aww", she probably already has you tagged as childish though lol. You should get more practice approaching younger women first, since you lack confidence. Cougars tend to gauge men on their confidence, lines won't be effective since they done heard them all before.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:34 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times
LOL Awkward much?

Under no circumstances go back.

She would have opened the door if she was interested.

I can't believe you didn't pick up on this.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
SO, if you're 18 and she's lived up the street from you for a "number of years," is it possible she has watched you "grow up"???

I want to tell all you "young" guys right now": STOP falling for all this movie bullsh*t about "friends with benefits."

In order to be friends with "benefits," you have to be FRIENDS first. You are not even that.

You can't just walk up to a woman and say, "I know I can barely talk to you, but I think you're hot and want you to have sex with me."

Yes, hook-ups and one-night stands do happen, but usually you have to put at least some effort into it.

To me, the age thing is not really a problem. It's the total lack of respect for her as a person that bugs me.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:28 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
Hard to predict how it's going to turn out. Just go over there and tell her what you said but be prepared to have a conversation(s) with her (read: YOU have to guide the conversation) so she can warm up to you. Remember, she's not been thinking about you for years like you have been about her.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,085 times
What I think will be the outcome?:

"And now, the end is here (you're not going to do her - lol!)
And so I face the final curtain (she's romantically out of your picture for good)
My friend, I'll say it clear (I hope you have it cleared up)
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain (by now you know there's no case and you should be certain of that)
I've lived a life that's full (and will continue to do after this)
I traveled each and ev'ry highway (and will do more of this)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way" (and will do other things your way)

Old 10-20-2012, 08:41 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,871 times
If you want a FWB type setup with this woman, become freinds first but dont forget to let her know in the process that you are sexualy attracted to her. Many women will not sleep with guys half their age, because they may be judged by others for it and it ensures your level of experience isnt equal hers.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:47 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicare View Post
So basically, I've had this crush on a older woman who lives a few houses away from me for a number of years now. I finally managed to convince myself to go see her and tell her etc. I basically say "Hi, you're extremely attractive and I've wanted to say it for many years but couldn't bring myself to it" She responds by saying "Aww, thanks" and I left albeit a little awkward as she said it by not even opening her front door (Sort of see through mesh door where I could just make out her face).

I'm thinking of going back and asking straight up if she's interested in a sort of friends with benefits relationship or just friendship or just ask for her number but I'm not sure how that would turn out. What do you guys think? I'm 18 and I think she's around 35-40

You seriously need to find a new hobby until you mature enough to figure out that a snowball has a better chance of surviving hades than you have experiencing sex with this woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships