Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 03:13 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,656,612 times

Advertisements

It is neither true or false. No two guys are the same.

It just sounds like you haven't figured out the "game".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 03:18 PM

633 posts, read 724,779 times
"If a guy is interested in you, you'll know" --- true or false?

DUH. yeah. My way of knowing is if he keeps planning for us to meet. If after we meet and they just msg 1 or 2 and don't want to plan anymore meets or have not heard from them again. It's not ROCKET SCIENCE to conclude they are not interested.

Wow don't know how hard can it be to figure it out really. What planet did u all come from? No such thing as game, just players... LOL no. Seriously though there is no such thing as game or rules. JUST FREAKING DO IT!!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:19 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,470,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
It is neither true or false. No two guys are the same.

It just sounds like you haven't figured out the "game".
There is no "game.". If she goes down that dark route, next thing she knows she'll be in her 40s with numerous failed relationships, crowing that she's an expert with men.

When the right guy comes along, he'll let you know. Be patient and in the meantime don't turn into a bitter woman that he wouldn't want to meet, in the first place.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:22 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,837,974 times
It is true you can win even the most beautiful woman with game, yet so can any other man. You better believe that as soon as some other playa plays his game better than you, she will walk away.

If you want a relationship that lasts, be it with a woman you find completely gorgeous or just cute enough --be up front--no games. She will then only have the choice to decide to exclusively date you for you without the mask. No one can replace you if thats what she falls in love with. But anyone can play your game--it is exhausting to have to continually compete with the next mans better game.

Don't say noone ever told ya hopefully you will get this concept sooner than later. No one is saying go all mushy, but from my experience grown men know how to be frickin direct. Games are for the bedroom or Sunday night football--plenty of time for that

Old 09-08-2012, 03:26 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,358,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Now how far is that getting you? I am just hard pressed to believe that a woman with full confidence will wait around to play merry go round. Every single guy I have chosen to be exclusive with played no games and let me know they were interested in seeing me exclusively and they followed through on their word when I accepted. Some women invest in games, I don't. Why consider a puzzle when a quality man with high interest in me knows how to show it?

I don't foresee games in my future, I foresee a man who knows how to state what he wants, and actively pursue it.
As of right now, I have too many issues to pursue relationships at this point. (Financial) I'm not playing any game. I'm just not in the right "condition." for a relationship. (and I know it)

I'm sure there are women out there that go for "bums." However, as much as I want to, I can't allow that kind of relationship. (I like to be a provider)

Being down and out is not a cure for romantic / sexual desires. (I am doing what I can to get back on my feet).

Old 09-08-2012, 03:28 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,837,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
As of right now, I have too many issues to pursue relationships at this point. (Financial) I'm not playing any game. I'm just not in the right "condition." for a relationship.

Being down and out is not a cure for romantic / sexual desires. (I am doing what I can to get back on my feet).
Ok dear! Sorry for my assumption and I do hope you get to the best of you soon. We've all been there. So SORRY again

Old 09-08-2012, 03:31 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,656,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
There is no "game.". If she goes down that dark route, next thing she knows she'll be in her 40s with numerous failed relationships, crowing that she's an expert with men.

When the right guy comes along, he'll let you know. Be patient and in the meantime don't turn into a bitter woman that he wouldn't want to meet, in the first place.
So are you the example you quoted above?

Old 09-08-2012, 03:37 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,064,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I've seen so many threads lately on here that sounds like girls and guys playing mind games with each other (although I have to say, I really wish people would put the ages of the guys and girls involved, because SO much of it sounds "high school"). I don't understand the game playing. I've always heard that if a guy is interested in you, you'll know. No worrying about him just dropping hints, or playing stupid mind games, or if he's going to call, or how fast he texts you back, and garbage like that. I'm just wondering how others feel about that statement.
Personally, I prefer men with enough....errr, testosterone...to let me know when they are interested. If not, I'm going to assume "he's just not that into me" and that's OK.

If I have to sit around and wonder if someone is going to call me, or whether or not they like me, or want to ask me out - fuggitabouttit.

When I met my husband, there was NO QUESTION that he was interested. This was prior to everyone having cell phones, by the way, and he and I both had a home phone, and cell phones. He said sometime that first evening, "Let me give you my number." I looked at him and said, "I don't call guys." "What?" he said, shocked. I said, "I don't call guys. If you want to talk with me, or see me again, I am pretty sure you'll call me." He thought for a minute, and then said, "So...it's up to the man? The man has to take the risk?" "What risk?" I said. "If you call me again, there will be no doubt as to whether or not I want to talk with you or see you again. I don't play games. But I also don't call guys. I prefer the men in my life to be confident enough and assertive enough to pursue someone they're interested in."

We were married ten months later.

Men are hunters by nature. Why jack with nature? Let it roll!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,358,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Men are hunters by nature. Why jack with nature? Let it roll!
But those sessions with Rosie Palmer are so therapeutic...

Just kidding. This last line I quoted from your post was great. I might want to use it in a movie or something.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,064,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
But those sessions with Rosie Palmer are so therapeutic...

Just kidding. This last line I quoted from your post was great. I might want to use it in a movie or something.
LOL that would crack me up! Have at it! Just give me credit.

"I got this line from some broad on an internet forum - at least I think she's female - who calls herself Kathryn, though I have no idea what her real name is." That should do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships