Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 09:47 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times

Advertisements

Are you Aspergers by any chance? You seem to have a very black/white way of looking at things, as if there was some scientific formula involved in human interaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 09:50 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
If you are quiet, reserved, and somewhat of an introvert you are going to have a tougher time meeting women. Waiting on them to talk to you means you're going to miss out more often than not. Don't be afraid to initiate small talk, what have you got to lose? Do you go to school? That's a good way to meet people. Get involved in group activities that interest you, expand your social circle and you may be able to meet someone through a mutual friend.

You aren't ugly at all. Though, I'm not sure the "Fonzie" look with popped leather collar is the way to go. Just a suggestion.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
I have see some hideously ugly guys with some smoking hot women. You know the type of situation where you say" how the hell did he get that girl"?

Old 07-21-2012, 10:14 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
No problem with your looks except the clothes. Also, it doesn't hurt to smile.

You sound a little tightly wound and anxious, so my guess would be that's your issue.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:18 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are you Aspergers by any chance? You seem to have a very black/white way of looking at things, as if there was some scientific formula involved in human interaction.
Not that I know of..

But you can say that I'm a hard working & under achieving individual..

Old 07-21-2012, 10:20 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
It's hard bro...some make it sound so easy, but it does take a leap of faith. I guess it just takes awhile to become comfortable with taking things to the next level.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:21 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Am I ugly or am I too good looking and seem kind of un-approachable..

I have no problems talking to the opposite-sex for the most part, but beyond that nothing happens, like am I supposed to do or say something?

And I always have to initiate the conversation, so you could understand how hard it is for me to have a conversation with a person that I'm interested in..

And at times, girls look at me, then I look back and they look away.. They never smile or anything, so obviously a dead end there..

I just think that it's stupid to talk to some random person you just saw walking past you etc, I'd feel very stupid doing that, so there's always this psychological problem I have that I'm alwalys doing something wrong and I just think too much..

Btw I'm 20yrs old and never had any girlfriends, relations etc etc

Photo of me; though I look darker then usual for some reason..

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...3/08097531.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post

The thing is, if some random person came talking to me, I'd freak out, seriously..
Nah, you look fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Girls don't approach guys( unless they're famous) so that's why u might be disappointed
Yes we do... Just regular guys out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Though, I'm not sure the "Fonzie" look with popped leather collar is the way to go. Just a suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
No problem with your looks except the clothes.
I like Fonzie style

Old 07-21-2012, 10:27 AM

58 posts, read 87,947 times
(looking at your picture)

Nothing wrong there... do you jog or play hand ball? racquet ball?

Very serious vibe which may throw girls off as to what you're looking for...

A way do something stressfree and experience endorphins... can you afford to put an ad in for jogging partners? Or take a tai chi class... (its slower and I'm thinking you need something faster)

I would still try the jogging 1st and look for jogging partners. That way everyone is feeling pretty good afterwards and it's easier to say a couple words (sentences) everyday.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
Nah, you look fine

Yes we do... Just regular guys out there...

I like Fonzie style
Yeah thank's for the heads-up..

But perhaps in New Zealeand that's how you people roll

Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It's hard bro...some make it sound so easy, but it does take a leap of faith. I guess it just takes awhile to become comfortable with taking things to the next level.
I'm guessing that you haven't taken the leap..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships