Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:33 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,124,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk50 View Post
Thanks so much. I'm not sure why her feelings would have changed (if they have), kind of weird, no?
You don't know for sure she changed her mind. She may just be busy getting ready for her trip or not be a big texter. Some of my best friends don't like texting and it takes days for them to reply to me. It isn't because they don't like me, texting just isn't a priority for them. She did reply and she did say yes to hanging out again. Just try to relax. If she has changed her mind it probably has zero to do with you. Maybe she met someone else or decided for whatever reason she doesn't want to date. Don't take it personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 01:14 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,318,285 times
Quote:
Thanks so much. I'm not sure why her feelings would have changed (if they have), kind of weird, no?
Hey man, I am not trying to put you down or anything, I think you are way better than most guys here but this sounds a bit too innocent! I don't know how many relationships you have been but if there is one thing you need to learn about women is :THEY CHANGE THEIR MINDS ALL THE TIME!

By the way you express yourself, I am assuming you are either a young guy or maybe you are not that experienced with the opposite sex, but once you understand what I typed in CAPS, it will save you a lot of frustration and disappointment. I think you have potential, you just need more experience.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
My new dating strategy is to date multiple people at once until I find one person that I really like and who really likes me
This assumes that there are multiple people out there in the cyber-dating world that meet the OP's criteria, high level of education being one of them. Frankly I'm amazed he found someone with an M.A. who has a lot in common with him and seems nice on a dating site. It's just as hard to find compatible people in online dating as it is in real life.

But seeing as how he's stuck waiting until next weekend, he may as well pass the time scouting for other possibilities. He needs a distraction to keep him from going batty.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM

471 posts, read 482,219 times
Well, although I have not contacted her since Tues, have yet to hear from her at all, so I'm thinking she's a flake.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Well, although I have not contacted her since Tues, have yet to hear from her at all, so I'm thinking she's a flake.
But you know she's going out of town. She may just be preoccupied and a guy she's been on one date with isn't a priority right now. Find something to distract yourself with like Ruth suggested. And then call her and invite her out once she's back in town. Then you'll have a real answer. Please relax!! You're going to drive yourself nuts!

Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,808,862 times
Quote:
You need to quit this over-analyzing bit... do that IRL and women WILL run away. It reeks of major-league desperation and insecurity. Get some other things going in your life.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,731,815 times
Quote:
Repub is right. Women change their minds all the time. I'm not saying that she has but don't forget that. Personally, I wouldn't call her while she is out of town. If you two had as good of a date as you said, then I would wait to see if calls me while she is out of town. You've already contacted her. If she is thinking about you she'll hit you up.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,617,364 times
these guys do have it right, hawk. Go out see if you can find yourself another date for this weekend. She will still be there when she gets back from this trip, or not - no reason to put all your eggs in one basket. Not to mention, most women you date actualy find it challenging and attractive when a guy has several options. To them it means, there must be something about him that more women want.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
these guys do have it right, hawk. Go out see if you can find yourself another date for this weekend. She will still be there when she gets back from this trip, or not - no reason to put all your eggs in one basket. Not to mention, most women you date actualy find it challenging and attractive when a guy has several options. To them it means, there must be something about him that more women want.
Though it pains me...I somewhat agree with you. Women can be pretty fickle sometimes. I don't want to play games, but there is something unattractive about a guy who is sitting around obsessing after only one date. If this woman knew how obsessive you were being I guarantee you she wouldn't see you again.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:35 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
You need to quit this over-analyzing bit... do that IRL and women WILL run away. It reeks of major-league desperation and insecurity. Get some other things going in your life.
This is it. You need to occupy your time with something, or you'll go crazy.

Premature to write her off, and unfair, if, indeed, she's busy with her job, and going out of town. If next weekend doesn't work out, unless she's sick or something, maybe then you'd be justified in writing her off. But for now, you have no idea what's going on, except that she's packing for an out-of-town trip, probably work-related. What if the tables were turned, and you had a big conference to go to on the weekend, and some chick you'd only just met kept texting you? Would that be annoying? I'm hoping it all works out in the end. Until then, find something to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships