Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 05:31 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,137,399 times

Advertisements

I have this friend in his early 40’s who I’m really considering cutting ties with because of his insistent bragging about his sexual conquests of the past. He has to spill all the details. I’m a guy in my mid thirties and i don’t remember the last time I bragged about this stuff, but I’m certain it was well over a decade ago plus a few years. It’s not only the bragging, but also the objectification that irks me. I’m honestly not surprised he’s still single.

Do any guys here still brag about this stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 05:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I have this friend in his early 40’s who I’m really considering cutting ties with because of his insistent bragging about his sexual conquests of the past. He has to spill all the details. I’m a guy in my mid thirties and i don’t remember the last time I bragged about this stuff, but I’m certain it was well over a decade ago plus a few years. It’s not only the bragging, but also the objectification that irks me. I’m honestly not surprised he’s still single.

I know many men who do this. Hell they go so far as to show pictures of the women they've been with. I could give 2 sh*ts about there conquests or whatever they are to them, but since they know I can't find a woman to save my life they love to brag in front of me.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:38 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Talking about sex with your friends? That's a little bit inappropriate.

It sounds really normal to me.

Isn't it normal guy talk talking about the women you've been with?

Old 06-09-2012, 05:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It sounds really normal to me.

Isn't it normal guy talk talking about the women you've been with?

I have many friends in my lifetime. The friends who go to bars and clubs will go on and on about the women they've had sex with. These people are not my kind of friend anymore.

The friends who I have now rarely, if ever, speak of conquests. Some of these friends of mine have had many women before, they just prefer to not speak of them as "conquests" as others would say and objectify them.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Me and my girlfriends talk about sex, but names and details are left out.... Stories can be fun, but I don't need to know who was involved.

As for the guys, yes, my guy friends (and I use that term loosely, since they're mostly just coworkers or acquantinces) CONSTANTLY talk about their conquests, brag about cheating and go on and on about how 'hot' this chick was or how 'ugly' that chick was. They also like joking around about sleeping with 'fat chicks' and then ditching them, they think it's quite funny.

Honestly, working with guys like that for many years in my early 20s gave me major trust issues when it came to men. They acted all cute and sweet around their girlfriends/wives, but the minute they were gone they completely changed.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
I don't think it's unheard of, but to me, it's more the realm of younger, sometimes less secure, people, of either gender.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:12 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,716 times
Wait, you're suggesting that it isn't cool to brag about the strange you got from a party the night before? Blasphemy

Old 06-09-2012, 07:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Wait, you're suggesting that it isn't cool to brag about the strange you got from a party the night before? Blasphemy
You should put ointment on that.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:27 PM

691 posts, read 1,426,705 times
I usually don't pay attention because those types of guys are usually lying. Most of the guys I know that do that, I have never seen them with a girl nor could I see women finding them attractive.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:32 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post

I am going through the SAME thing right now. It's like he is using me just to have someone to talk to about ANYTHING that makes him look accomplished (not just sex). There is nothing wrong with being proud of something, but I've had him tell me things twice in one day. I just wanna be like, "How many times are you going to tell me this?"

And to top it off, these people get mad when you don't talk to them anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships