Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:50 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,757,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
True. You have to exude manly essence and have strong secondary male sex traits, like lots of dark body hair, too. If you stink like estrogen she'll peck your eyes out and pee on them.
I should be shaving my chest and body hair by MANY "metro" ladies standards. Does that count? I am generally ARMED and am not affraid to hit 145 MPH on the dragstrip! It's clearly too much for some. I do have a very soft and gentle side that usually only the one that I am sexually attracted to is able to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,280,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
This is more of a thread on whether dominant M/dominant F can work or if dominant F is better with a "beta" type. JLC is not really a part of this equation, but just a physiognomy. Looking for input on the pairing of relative strength of personality. Let's carry on...
The most productive thing that will come of this thread is the possiblity of squashing a poor rumor if only for one person. I'm just being kind to a stranger.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:00 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,280,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
True. You have to exude manly essence and have strong secondary male sex traits, like lots of dark body hair, too. If you stink like estrogen she'll peck your eyes out and pee on them.
An overweight/obese man is going to have a great deal more estrogen in his system (adipose plays a role in estrogen production IIRC). His subsequent feminine softness may leave many women looking hard as nails to him.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,048,838 times
Quote:
N
But, maybe we can rephrase this. Is it only submissive men that would hook up with a clearly dominant woman? That's the only combo I've seen work. When two dominant types get together, watch out!
I don't know, I am not a tough as nails type. I am more likely described as "bubbly" so people under estimate my tenacity and toughness (and have no idea I have a stubborn streak that is well hidden by my smiley-ness). I cannot handle a submissive guy. I don't like getting my way all the time with no effort.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:02 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,492,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The most productive thing that will come of this thread is the possiblity of squashing a poor rumor if only for one person. I'm just being kind to a stranger.
I don't think anyone who has seen "Trading Places" with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd has ANY doubts she's a woman. In that, she played a tough "hooker with a heart of gold" and is remembered for her brief nude scene. Her toughness in that role probably led to her being stereotyped by many. The same could be said of both Kathleen Turner and Sharon Stone, who would be recognized as "femme fatales," ESPECIALLY Kathleen Turner. So, we could ask the same question, what type of a guy would chase a "femme fatale?"

Old 03-28-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone who has seen "Trading Places" with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd has ANY doubts she's a woman. In that, she played a tough "hooker with a heart of gold" and is remembered for her brief nude scene. Her toughness in that role probably led to her being stereotyped by many. The same could be said of both Kathleen Turner and Sharon Stone, who would be recognized as "femme fatales," ESPECIALLY Kathleen Turner. So, we could ask the same question, what type of a guy would chase a "femme fatale?"
Femme fatale? Yes, it's considered a plus for me. I can't have any fun with a women who is terrified all the time. "Femme fatale" doesn't have to = b*tch either. She's strong inside yet still knows when and how to "step off".

Old 03-28-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
An overweight/obese man is going to have a great deal more estrogen in his system (adipose plays a role in estrogen production IIRC). His subsequent feminine softness may leave many women looking hard as nails to him.
How overweight? Five to fifteen lbs? Or fifty to one hundred fifty lbs? Please define your criteria. Look at all the guys out there with beer bellies. They have more estrogen in their system? I think most people would find that laughable. This sounds like you think certain people have castration anxiety. Most people like traditional gender roles and looks ... more often than not.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
How overweight? Five to fifteen lbs? Or fifty to one hundred fifty lbs? Please define your criteria. Look at all the guys out there with beer bellies. They have more estrogen in their system? I think most people would find that laughable. This sounds like you think certain people have castration anxiety. Most people like traditional gender roles and looks ... more often than not.
It's science and theory. Seagal will still kick your ass!

Old 03-28-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
So would TANK!!

Tank Abbott Highlight - YouTube

Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
No, it's just braun taking a cheap shot. Since we are "profiling" and not really aiming at any one in particular, she has to call people who paint with a broad brush. Here, we have "alpha" women. In other threads, we had "jockettes" and "earthy" types. I'm not making any of these labels up. They were on Urban Dictionary long before these threads were here. If people could just answer the question, and not get indignant. How many guys do you see put down women for their responses to "would you date a short man?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships